The Thursday Handfuls are great, but what if Monday (or Tuesday) rolls around and there are a few sales that can’t wait til the weekend? You’ll find three of the best, with a few picks from each, to start the week below. Expect these with zero regularity. Note: Some (okay, none) may be asking… What happened to the Cat?? Don’t worry, the official mascot of the Sales Tripod, A three legged tabby named Captain Cookster, is still kickin’. He’s just decided that he wants to play hardball now that it’s time to renegotiate his image rights. True story.*
- Modern Slim Navy Blazer – $138.00 ($230)
- Todd & Duncan Cashmere Crew + Sale Socks = $123.59 ($210.50)
- Modern Slim Cotton/Linen Blazer ‘ $138 ($230)
- Italian Leather Tote + Cotton Pocket Square = $124.50 ($207.50)
- Modern Slim Italian Linen Blazer – $138 ($230)
- Slim Fit Traveler Jean ($118) + Linen Crew ($89.50) = $124.50 ($207.50)
Sound familiar? If it does, it’s because they just did this a month ago. Musta worked, since they’re giving it another run. Yes, that threshold is steep. But you can pick stuff from the sale section to trip the balance if need be. And that’s what we’re doing with that cashmere crew. Also, seems like BR excludes a lot of stuff that’s normally north of $200 (say, suits and sport coats), so if you’ve had your eye on something from them in that price range? Now’s the time.
- Nordstrom Partially Lined Linen Sportcoat – $206.98 ($345)
- Nordstrom Flat Front Solid Linen Trousers – $72.49 ($145)
- Calibrate Trim Fit Non-Iron Check Stretch Dress Shirt – $34.75 ($69.50)
- Made in Italy Monte Rosso Double Monks – $197.49 ($395)
- Calibrate Cusano Suede Double Monks – $64.98 ($130)
- Todd Snyder Trim Fit Windowpane Linen Sport Coat – $297.49 ($595)
- Suede Bucks by Nordstrom – $49.96 ($99) | Calibrate – $64.98 ($130)
- 1901 Hancock Wingtip Derby – $65.98 ($110)
A lot of what was available during the half-yearly sale is plumb sold out, (…plumb? How old am I, 77? Respect to those reading who are north of 70.), but what’s left has a good shot of now being marked down further. Say, 40% or 50% off when it was 33% before. And that partially lined windowpane linen sportcoat? That wasn’t even in the half-yearly sale. It appeared in this month’s most wanted, and… ta-da, it’s now 40% off. Wish we could take some credit for that dip, but I’m thinking we can’t.
- Ludlow Suit Jacket + Matching Pant in Italian Chino = $261.60 ($456)
- SLIM (or reg.) Irish/Cotton Shirt – $47.70 ($79.50)
- Cotton Web Belt – $23.70 ($39.50)
- Striped Cotton Belt in Green or White – $17.70 ($29.90)
- Ludlow Traveler Wool Suit Jacket + Matching Pant = $408 ($700)
- Legacy Blazer in Ludlow or Crosby Fit – $232.80 ($388)
Sadly it’s a very, very small selection of the normal goods that get the cut. But there’s some summer-ready belts, as well as the legacy blazers getting that big price drop. Plus the sale section gets that 40% off too. Free shipping no min. is always appreciated. Expires today, 6/7/16.
Also worth a mention on a Tuesday
- END: 25% off w/ SALEPREVIEW. They’re out of the Timex x Red Wing Chronos, but they’ve got the 40mm, 38mm, and plenty of other Timex watches on there.
- Club Monaco: They’ve got some reductions on “summer steals“.
- Bonobos: 25% off select summery goods with SUMMERSTYLE
- Lands’ End: 50% off ONE reg. priced item w/ HALFOFF & pin 5050. Expires today, 6/7.
*This is not a true story.