Sales that deserve some attention heading into the weekend, or sometimes, a bit earlier. Might not be some massive once a year event, but still worth a look. Those are what make up these handfuls. Five of the better sales, one for each finger, are below, plus bonus sales if need be. Included are a few picks worth pointing out.
Todd Snyder, who is the exclusive US distributor of these time pieces, is claiming that these sold out in 48 hours last time. The thing is, you could still get your hands on one. You just had to go to the UK, via the magic of the internets, to get one. And END clothing is still selling them, with stock on individual models coming and going, for less. But buy through END and you’re on the hook for return international shipping. And that’s understandably very, very spooky to many fellas here in the states.
Allen Edmonds: Father’s Day Sale (exp. 6/19)
- Merlot Mcallister Wingtip Oxfords – $245 ($395)
- Merlot Strand Oxfords – $245 ($395)
- Merlot 5th Ave Oxford – $245 ($395)
- Merlot Park Ave Oxford – $245 ($395)
Hot dog they’ve put their terrific merlot collection on special. Also, if you’re an AMEX card carrier, you can still log into your account and opt into the $50 off deal at Allen Edmodns that they’re running. So that’d drop a pair of first quality, merlot AE oxfords (or loafers) under two hundred bucks. Personal note: I’m a big fan of their merlot shade. And unless they’ve changed it up, the color is a bit darker/more muted in person. Here’s what a pair of Merlot Franciscans (currently out of stock) looks like. Big thanks to reader Akiva F. for the tip!
- 55% Linen / 45% Cotton 10″ Everyday Shorts – $34.65 ($49.50)
- Solid Performance Polos – $24.65 ($34.95)
- Clean Chambray Button Down – $34.65 ($49.50)
- Solid Stretch Popover – $34.65 ($49.50)
- Vintage Washed Straight Fit Khakis – $41.65 ($59.50)
Is GAP’s current summer collection kinda… basic? Sure. It’s GAP. But it also seems pretty well executed depending on what items you’re thinking about. Those saturated linen/cotton shorts look outstanding, and with the majority of the fabric makeup being linen, you should be able to count on them being nice and breezy even on the most sweltering of days. And speaking of heat, GAP’s performance polos are like budget Under Armour. Lots of performance/wicking capabilities, but without the logo or big markup. Good fit too.
So two bills isn’t cheap, but what you’re looking at here is a 300m water resistant dive watch with a hand-windable Japanese automatic movement. 300m is above and beyond. Yes you can swim with it, and you can give it the business in the water. Sure 100m water resistant watches say you can swim with em’, but aggressive diving/smashing into waves can really test the gaskets. 200m is the safer play. And 300m, with a helium release valve no less (you won’t need it unless you’re into serious scuba diving) means this thing should be able to take whatever us landlubbers can dish out in a day at the lake or ocean. Plus they’re inoffensive enough in design, and GILT’s new return policy (you are on the hook for a $9.50 restocking fee) is much better than it used to be. 22m band width. Slap that sucker on a NATO and now we’re talkin’.
- Modern Slim Grey Linen Suit Jacket & Matching Pant – $340 ($458)
- Modern Slim Navy Linen Suit Jacket & Matching Pant – $340 ($458)
- Camden-Fit Multi Check Non-Iron Shirt – $49.50 ($79.50)
- Camden Fit Navy Gingham Non-Iron Shirt – $49.50 ($79.50)
Full honesty? This ain’t the best. But hey, it’s the week after the long holiday weekend sales, so, not much was expected. What this does offer is at least some sort of discount on goods that are almost always excluded thanks to that maddeningly arbitrary “BR Picks” tag. Those suits? Works out to about 25% off. So again, it’s something. BR suits are almost certainly fused, but seem to drape decent and wear well. One big ol’ warning about the suits though… they’re fully lined. Not the most ideal for a summer, linen shell suit.
And get em’ while they’re hot. Because knowing Jomers, if you blink, they’ll be sold out. But, and this is a big but, these aren’t made in the USA. Word from the Jomers guys is that while they’re still efforting to make as much as possible in the states, they’ve been transparently supplementing their production with work being done overseas. So yes, it’s even happening to Jomers (“it” being demand leading to outsourcing production overseas).
Also worth a mention:
- J. Crew Factory: 30% off + Free Shipping w/ CUTESALE (suiting is excluded)
- J. Crew: 30% off a selection of “Summer Picks” plus an extra 30% off sale items.
- H&M: Free shipping at $40 w/ 0040
- Spier and Mackay: They’ve got some new Sharkskin suit options in.
- Christopher Ward: 15% off all watches w/ MHD16
- Nordstrom: Their Half-Yearly Sale is still going on. Picks here.