Sales that deserve some attention heading into the weekend or a bit earlier. Might not be some massive once a year event, but still worth a look. Those are what make up these handfuls. Five of the better sales, one for each finger, are below, plus bonus sales if need be. Included are a few picks worth pointing out.
- Goodyear Welted Kenton Suede Bucks – $118.80 ($198)
- Goodyear Welted Kenton Suede Wingtips – $130.80 ($218)
- Bowery Classic in Fine Stripe Cotton Linen – $49.80 ($88)
- Bowery Slim in Irish Twill – $58.80 ($98)
- Cotton Web Belt – $23.70 ($39.50)
- Striped Cotton Belt in Green or White – $17.70 ($29.90)
- Legacy Blazer in Crosby Fit – $185.99 ($388)
Not a bad selection of goods getting the 40% cut, and their suede Kenton Collection is a steal at just under $120. Full review of the bucks can be found here. Plus the sale section is looking pretty solid too. Can I interest anyone who happens to be a 38R in an Italian Cashmere Ludlow blazer?
This seems to have become Ledbury’s go-to sale. And it’s… a tough sale for those of us on a budget to swallow. Don’t get me wrong. Love their shirts. Absolutely LOVE their shirts, but minimum spend here is $120 ($150 x .20). And even if you buy a couple shirts to get the 25% discount, each shirt is still north of a hundred bucks. That said, they seem to hold up quite well, and that lowered second button is nothing short of terrific. Seems like most of their shirts are made in Northwest Poland.
- Thompson Fit Unconstructed Linen Cotton Sportcoat – $49.99 FINAL w/ HAPPYSALE
- 9″ Oxford Gramercy Short – $14.99 FINAL w/ HAPPYSALE
- Cotton Fisherman’s Crew Sweater – $37.82 w/ HAPPYSALE
- 9″ LIGHTWEIGHT Gramercy Short – $21.20 w/ HAPPYSALE
- Thompson Fit Oxford Cloth Jacket + Matching Pant = $177.00
- Thomson Unlined, Unconstructed Linen Sportcoat – $71.40 w/ HAPPYSALE
- Sutton Fit Oxford Cloth Pant – $24.99 FINAL w/ HAPPYSALE
- Sutton Fit LIGHTWEIGHT Chino (multiple colors) – $25.07 w/ HAPPYSALE
Another long weekend, another blanket 50% off of their “valued at” prices. There are exclusions of course (like Thompson suiting), but overall? They’re good prices. But again, a reminder, sometimes they run sales and codes that stack and prices can get even BETTER than half off. So it’s a good deal, just not an amazing deal. Suiting, as usual, is excluded. But their oxford cloth suit is sitting at a pretty decent price. Word is this deal ends today, 6/30, so maybe check in tomorrow for something potentially better? That extra 50% off clearance items can do some real damage though. Watch out, most if not all of clearance is Final sale.
UPDATE: Looks like JCF has extended that HAPPYSALE code to knock an extra 15% off non clearance items (exclusions still apply.) So, if it’s not in clearance, and it’s not excluded, it’s half off plus an extra 15% off with the code. Prices above have been changed to reflect this development.
- Made in the UK Brixtol Strummer Wax Jacket – $92.40 ($231)
- Loake 1880 Blenheim Leather Chelsea Boots – $236.60 ($338) sizes listed are UK sizing
- Loake 1880 Chester Brogue Wingtips – $287 ($410) sizes listed are UK sizing
- Billykirk Schoolboy Satchel – $277.20 ($396)
- Wolverine 1883 Hensel Desert Boots – $136.50 ($195)
Looks like the extra 25% off code has expired, but for most (all?) items, they’ve dropped prices further to help accommodate for that expired code. A trio of British made goods are featured above (insert Brexit joke here…), and that Brixtol waxed jacket really is something in person. Just be aware that the arm holes are REALLY high. So if you’ve been hitting the pushups hard lately, you might feel like your armpits are being strangled. Brilliant quality for the price though. More picks from older sale stock can be found here.
- Dot Print Non Iron Shirt in Camden Standard or Grant Slim Fit – $49.50 ($89.50)
- Blue Gingham Shirt in Camden Standard or Grant Slim Fit – $49.50 ($79.50)
- Aiden Slim Fit Lightweight Chino – $40 ($69.50)
- Corbin Sunglasses – $68 ($98)
- Curtis Sunglasses – $68 ($98)
Chest Stripe Luxe Touch Polo – $34.50 ($49.50)
- Double Breasted Trench Coat – $125 ($250)
Looks like the sale section is about the same as it was earlier this week, so, sticking to the select styles event with the picks above. And again, despite the copy clearly saying “up to 40% off…” a few items are MORE than 40% off. Odd, but true. And sunglasses? BR has excluded sunglasses from all their deals for what seems like at least a year if not more. They’re not gas-station cheapies. Pretty solid quality in fact. Also pretty sure that you can take an extra 10% off w/ BRCARD. UPDATE: Don’t get that Chest Stripe polo. Got word from reader Jim K. that the reviews are right (missed the reviews) and the blue stripe DOES bleed in the wash. So, skip it.
- Slim or Contemporary Fit Light Grey – $320ish US / $418 CAD ($468 CAD)
- Slim or Contemporary Fit Steel Blue Sharkskin – $320ish US / $418 CAD ($468 CAD)
- Slim or Contemporary Fit Navy Blue – $320ish US / $418 CAD ($468 CAD)
- Slim or Contemporary Fit Blue/Grey – $305ish US / $398.50 CAD ($448 CAD)
Nice of them to give either a one-off deal, or, if you’ve got the cash on hand, an extra nice deal if you bundle and buy two (drops each suit to $308 USD if you buy two). Remember, you’ll probably get dinged by a foreign transaction fee by your credit card/bank, but the suits are great for the price. Full review here. Offer expires Wednesday, 7/6.
- Made in Italy Textured Cardigan – $112.25 FINAL ($495)
- Double Monk Strap in Black or Cognac – $209.25 ($395)
- Made in Italy Cotton/Wool Sportcoat – $299.25 ($625)
- Pensacola Polo – $44.25 – $51.75 (various colors) ($88)
Yep. Same code from earlier in the week, only its gone live to the general public since. So that means less sizing and stock as a whole.
- Canvas / Leather Weekender Duffel – $160.96 ($360)
- Preston Wholecut Oxford – $195.96 ($330)
- Suede Campus Penny Loafer – $69.96 ($140)
- Cole Haan & Todd Snyder Suede Cap Toes – $125.96 ($270)
Good gravy that bag. Might be a bit on the small side though? Yes, Cole Haan has some critics, but every so often they can get a design real right. And when their sale is on sale, the bang for the buck ratio can be quite nice. For example, those whole cuts. Just under $200 and almost certainly from their higher quality line, which are usually made in India and have a stitched sole.
- Solid Button Down Collar Polo – $14.90 ($22.90)
- Striped Button Down Collar Polos – $14.90 ($22.90)
- Shirt Collar Polo (no button down?) – $14.90 ($22.90)
- Stretch Tape Belt – $19.90
I know, the button down collar polos. Again. And some people just flat out don’t like them. Some people just flat out don’t like cheese. The world is a mystery wrapped in a riddle sandwich. And that sandwich? It most certainly has cheese on it.
- Unconstructed Cotton Blazer – $141 ($228)
- The Foundation Herringbone Irish Linen Suit – $322.50 ($430)
- The Jetsetter Cotton Seersucker Suit – $322.50 ($430)
- Daily Grind Shirts in Gingham – $51 or open tattersall – $58.40 ($98)
- Monkey’s Fist Woven Belt – $28.50 ($58)
And now a Friday morning update. Gotta say though, the Bonobos sale section isn’t exactly overflowing right now. But an extra 25% off already marked down goods certainly does help those of us who wince at Bonobos full retail prices.
Also worth a mention:
- H&M: Up to 70% off during their summer sale, but the sale section is pretty picked over.
- Club Monaco: Extra 30% off their sale section with KEEPCOOL
- Cool Material: 17.76% off American Made Merchandise in their store.
- Zara: Their Summer Sale is still going on.
- Jack Spade: Extra 30% off Sale Items w/ BIGDEAL
- Brooks Brothers: Their Semi-Annual sale is over, but they’ve launched a summer clearance? Honestly, prices don’t look that much better than they normally are in the sale section?