Sales that deserve some attention heading into the weekend, or sometimes, a bit earlier. Might not be some massive once a year event, but still worth a look. Those are what make up these handfuls. Five of the better sales, one for each finger, are below, plus bonus sales if need be. Included are a few picks worth pointing out.
Spier & Mackay: Two Suits for $825 CAD (that’s $320 US per suit)
- Slim or Contemporary Fit Light Grey – $320ish US / $421 CAD ($468 CAD)
- Slim or Contemporary Fit Steel Blue Sharkskin – $320ish US / $421 CAD ($468 CAD)
- Slim or Contemporary Fit Navy Blue – $320ish US / $421 CAD ($468 CAD)
- Slim or Contemporary Fit Blue/Grey – $306ish US / $392.50 CAD ($448 CAD)
That’s gonna be a tough deal to beat. And for the record, I was skeptical. Very, very skeptical of Spier & Mackay suits. But, once I got my hands on one, I was super impressed for the price. Half canvas. Above average fabrics. Easy to tailor, non functioning sleeve buttons. Great fits (especially the contemporary fit if you’re a fella who’s got some strength on him). Already a bargain at $360-$370 depending on the exchange rate, now Spier & Mackay is running a bundle deal. Buy two and save. Review of the light grey shown above left can be found here. Remember, you are on the hook for international returns to Canada, as well as any international transaction fees your bank or credit card may hit you with.
The Obvious Pick: Made in Portugal “Cooper” Boat Shoe – $125.00
Looks like JE did a mighty fine job taking a classic and updating it just enough. Made in Portugal, Slightly elongated instead of stumpy, Bologna constructed, and comes in three different colors. Price seems fair too. Not a cheap-o boat shoe, but something you’ll have for a bit longer and maybe reach for more often. Big fan of that slate nubuck option.
- Tailored Fit, Partially Lined Regatta Blazer – $138.60 ($198)
- Baird McNutt Linen Houndstooth Sportcoat – $153.30 ($219)
- Flat Front Tailored Fit Wool Year ’rounder Dress Pants – $62.30 ($89)
- Straight Fit Lighthouse Chinos – $34.30 ($49)
Lands’ End has been a bit stingy with the codes lately, but this 30% off offer runs clear through next Tuesday, 5/17/17. Big fan of that oddly flexible, just partially lined “Regatta” blazer. Know that the sleeve buttons are functional, so they’ll be tough to tailor. But the arms don’t seem to run too long (size shown above is a 40R). Only way to seemingly beat this deal is to buy in bulk. If you’re buying four items, you can knock 40% off with the code GET40 and pin 4040, but that expires today.
- Slim-Fit Summerweight Oxford Shirts (shown above) – $10.50 ($29.94)
- Linen Slim Fit Pants – $19.00 ($42.94)
- Slim-Fit Linen-Blend Shorts for Men – $10.50 – $19.60 ($29.94)
So, no code needed here. Discount just happens at checkout. There are some restrictions though. It won’t work on products with the “Everyday Steals, Hot Deals & Today Only Deals” tags. And a lot of stuff has those tags. But even so, plenty to pick from under twenty bucks.
- Light Blue Cotton Oxford Blazer – $69.99 ($99)
- Dark Blue Seersucker (unlined) Blazer – $59.99 ($79.99)
- Suede Driving Mocs – $49.99 ($69.99)
- Dark Blue 70% Cotton / 30% Poly Oxford Cloth Trousers – $24.99 ($39.99)
- Cotton Canvas Weekender Bag – $49.99 ($59.99)
As always, Caveat Emptor when it comes to H&M stuff. Their quality and fit/silhouettes can be really… odd. Plus most of their blazers/sportcoats are lined in cheap polyester. Not what you want for this time of year. But that doesn’t appear to be the case for that dark, seersucker blazer. Looks like the back is totally unlined. Just know that the tail will almost certainly be chopped. Free shipping at $50 with the code 3351.
- Pilot Mission Timer Watch + Extra Silicone Strap – $199.98 ($267)
- Field Navigator Watch + Extra Silicone Strap – $199.98 ($267)
In case you missed it in the Grads/Dads watches run-down, Huckberry is running a pretty solid deal on their exclusive “Standard Issue Instruments” watches. Usually closer to $250, they’ve dropped these things to just under $200 and they’ve thrown in an extra Silicone Deployant strap from MARATAC. It’s a solid, do-anything casual watch that’s perfect for the sun and sweat of summer. Big fan of that Oyster case too. Full review of the Field Navigator can be found here, but frankly, most will like the looks of the “Pilot Mission Timer” shown above.
Also worth a mention:
- END.: They’re offering free worldwide shipping for a limited time. So that means the Timex Red Wings are even cheaper (they ship from the UK.) Looks like the chrono is sold out though. Hat tip to Sean B. for the heads up!
- UNIQLO: They’ve dropped their flat rate shipping down to $5 for a “limited time.”
- J. Crew Factory: We’re coming up on the deadline to use that Gilt City voucher for JCF. Gotta use it by the end of 5/15.
- Billy Reid: 25% off $250+ w/ THANKS
- GAP: 40% off w/ YAYMAY (exclusions do apply)
- J. Crew: 25% off a selection of warm-weather stuff