Sales that deserve some attention heading into the weekend, or sometimes, a bit earlier. Might not be some massive once a year event, but still worth a look. Those are what make up these handfuls. Five of the better sales, one for each finger, are below, plus bonus sales if need be. Included are a few picks worth pointing out.
Club Monaco: 20% off $150, 25% off $250, 30% off $400 w/ SHOPSPRING
- Allen Edmonds Mora 2.0 in Suede – $288.75 ($385)
- Red Wing Beckman – $262.50 ($350)
- Tricker’s Mayfair Monk Strap – $378 ($540)
And it seems to work on more than a few of their 3rd party brands, such as Allen Edmonds. Sizes are pretty thin when it comes to their more standard AE shoes, but the Mora 2.0 in suede and calfskin is full-up on sizes. Remember, if something is close to a threshold, it can often be beneficial to dump something inexpensive in your cart to simply trip the balance. So keep that in mind.
Gilt City: J. Crew Factory 30% off or 35% off $135+ Voucher
- Sutton Fit Slim-Straight Summerweight Chino (multiple colors) – $27.99
- Driggs Fit Slim Flecked Chambray Pant – $27.99
- Slim Bedford Linen/Cotton Dress Pant (multiple colors) – $33.25
- Cotton Shawl Toggle Cardigan – $52.85
- Striped Cotton Crew Sweater – $22.40
Most of you guys know how these things work. You have to create an account with Gilt (which is free) and then click “RSVP” to get your voucher emailed to you. Might take a few minutes, might take a few hours. But once you get it, you can use your user specific code at checkout for either 30% or 35% off. Remember, it might be worth sitting tight on this thing for a bit. If JCF runs a big, site-wide sale between now and Sunday 5/15 (when the voucher expires), that DOESN’T require a code? You can stack it. Right now, it looks like prices are kinda decent on their site, aside from bigger purchases like sportcoats. If you’re in the market to stock up on some summer ready pants? Now’s not a bad time. Big thanks to Brandon D. for the tip on this one.
Brooks Brothers: 25% off + Gift Card Deal (stackable)
- Fitzgerald Fit Linen Jacket + Trousers = $412.00 (buy 2 cards) ($616)
- U.K. Made Burgundy Shell Cordovan Cap Toe Boots – $723.50 (buy 4 cards) ($1098)
- Filson Original Twill Briefcase in Tan, Navy, or Black – $218.75 (buy 1 card) ($325)
- Allen Edmonds Single Monks w/ Rubber Sole – $296 (buy 1 card) ($428)
- Fitzgerald Fit Grey/Ivory Seersucker Suit – $323.50 (buy 2 cards) ($498)
In case you missed the update to Monday’s BB F&F post, here’s how this thing works:
- Brooks Brothers is running a buy a $150 E-Gift Card, get a $25 Card FREE Deal.
- You can buy up to five gift cards ($750 + $125 in free gift cards).
- They get delivered immediately to your inbox, and you can use them on stuff that’s getting the 25% off F&F cut.
Got that? So in addition to the 25% off at checkout, if you play the gift card game, you can save an extra $25, $50, $75, or more, or somewhere in between on your purchase. Prices for the picks above reflect what it’d come down to if you used the cards. Just be careful. When it comes to returns, if you’re using a gift card, getting cash back for that card ain’t gonna happen.
JC Penney: 25% off or $30% off $100+ w/ BIGDEAL2
- Collection by Michael Strahan Wool/Poly Peak Lapel Tuxedo – $132.99 ($189.99)
- Stafford Light Gray Linen-Cotton Suit Separates – $83.99 ($119.99)
- St. John’s Bay Ballast Summer Shoe – $22.49 ($29.99)
- Stafford Linen-Cotton Sportcoat – $37.49 ($49.99)
Haven’t caught either of these suits in person yet, but good gracious the prices are more than affordable. And that Strahan tux, even if it does have quite a bit of poly in it (don’t know the exact percentages), it hits all the style notes that some other budget tuxes (*cough* JCF *cough) seem to miss. Peak, satin lapels. Covered buttons. Satin stripe down the side of the pant legs. With some tailoring, it has the possibility to look real good for the money. Looks like this code does expire today, 5/5/16. Free shipping kicks in at $75, or, you can have it shipped to a local JCP brick and mortar at $25.
Spier & Mackay: New, Re-Designed Polos are In
The (obvious) Pick: Shirt Collar Polo – $27ish USD ($35 CAD) or 2 or more for $30 CAD a piece
Huge thanks to Jesse B. for sending in the tip as well as the fit shots for these things. Word is Spier & Mackay’s old polos weren’t so great. But, they’ve re-designed them, and the word is that these new polos are very much worth it. Available in seven different colors, and two collar styles (classic ribbed are $30 CAD or shirt-collar are $35 CAD without bundling). Size shown above is medium on 5’9″ 175-180 / 41″ chest.
BONUS UNIQLO: Dry Fabric Sportcoat & Shorts Sale
- Dry Fabric Unlined Sportcoat – $39.90 ($49.90)
- Dry Fabric Shorts – $19.90 ($29.90)
Some guys like UNIQLO blazers. A lot of us are driven mad (hi!) by the chopped tails and often functioning sleeve buttons (this one does have functional sleeve buttons). But it’s tough to beat the price. Plus, they’re unlined and breathable. Poly/Cotton blend on both of these. Just remember that the silhouette is better for a sportcoat and not a full suit (they appear to sell matching pants for some of the jackets.) And if you do wear it as a suit? Wear a shirt with an actual collar. Otherwise, you look like you’re wearing ill fitting, outlet-style Suitjamas. Barney Stinson would not approve.
Also worth a mention:
- GAP: Cardmembers 40% off w/ BRIGHT (exclusions do apply)
- J. Crew: 30% off Sale Items w/ GETSHOPPING
- Lands’ End: Buy 1 reg. priced item, get a 2nd reg. priced item (of equal or lesser value) at 55% off w/ ITEM55 and 5005
- Todd Snyder: Extra 20% off sale items w/ CINCODEMAYO
- Gustin: They launched their Horween leather weekender last Friday, with it being priced at $549. Campaign closes in a week.
- Old Navy: 30% off adult styles (no code needed but exclusions do apply). Word from Jarrod B. is that the extra 30% off email sign up code seems to stack with this offer too. So, if you’re not on their list and wanna get on, now’s not a bad time.