Sales that deserve some attention heading into the weekend, or sometimes, a bit earlier. Might not be some massive once a year event, but still worth a look. Those are what make up these handfuls. Five of the better sales, one for each finger, are below, plus bonus sales if need be. Included are a few picks worth pointing out.
- McAllister Wingtip in Merlot w/ V-Tread Sole – $295 ($395)
- Warwick Single Monk in Walnut or Black – $295 ($395) review here
- McAllister Wingtip in Brown or Walnut w/ Leather Sole – $295 ($395)
- Carlyle Plain Toe Oxford in Walnut, Oxblood, or Brown – $295 ($395)
Surprise! Originally scheduled to start tomorrow, it looks like AE is doing a one day, early preview this year. It’s one of their bigger sales of the year, with up to $100 off select styles. Key word is select. And prices have gone up at Allen Edmonds. A pair of full priced, 1st quality dress shoes are now running almost $400. So while the sale is still nice for the McCallisters and the Warwicks, they’ll still run almost three bills. That said, a pair of McAllister true oxford wingtips, with a grippy but still slim v-tread sole? Those are about as versatile, functional, and fantastic looking as a dress shoe can get. Meanwhile, if you’re up for playing the 2nds quality game? Might want to check out shoebank.com tomorrow to see if they’ll drop prices on their factory 2nds.
UNIQLO Polo Deal: TWO for $29.90 (that’s $14.95 per)
- Button Down Contrast Collar/Placket Polo – $19.90
- Button Down Collar Solid Polo New Fit – $19.90
- Button Down Collar Solid Polo OLD Fit – $19.90
- Button Down Solid Collar Striped Body Polo – $19.90
Efforting an in-person with the “new” (read: more generous) fit of these polos, but the reviews seem to draw a pretty distinct line between last season’s silhouette and this season’s. There’s still some of last season’s solids left though? Lots of patterns and other options to choose from if you’re willing to throw the dice on this year’s fit. Contrast collars and plackets, checks or window pane, even horiz. stripes. Gotta buy two to get the deal though.
Brooks Brothers: 18.18% off + Free shipping at $250+ (exp. today, 4/7)
- Fitzgerald Fit Oxford Cloth Sportcoat in Blue or Green – $183.27 ($448)
- Lambswool Quilted Jacket – $162.00 ($398)
- Large Canvas Tote – $36.81 ($150)
- Wool Knit Made in Italy Striped Tie in Grey or Green – $32.52 ($79.50)
- Silk Knit Made in Italy Striped Tie – $32.52 ($79.50)
- Black Fleece Acetate Aviators in Black or Tortoise – $48.83 ($198.50)
- BB #1 Striped Ribbon Belt in Burgundy – $11.78 ($48)
Why the 18.18% off? Because today is their Birthday, and they were founded in 1818. Picks above were sourced from their clearance and 25% off select men’s styles sale section. So yay for double discounts. Also worth a look? Their Filson goods as well as their selection of American Made shoes. Free shipping doesn’t kick in until a whopping $250 though.
If you’ve been around these parts for a while, then Lands’ End Canvas might ring a bell. Lands’ End killed off this younger, trimmer fitting sub-brand a few years ago, but it looks like it’s now back. BUT… and this is a big but… it appears that at least for now, all of the Canvas by Lands’ End goods are excluded from promos? That’s more than a little disappointing. So while a few of the new styles are tempting (like that cotton/merino crew sweater and the cotton blend peak lapel blazer)… paying full price seems like a tall ask. More reaction from the guys on Threads can be found here.
- Oxford Cloth Chino – $55.65 ($79.50)
- SLIM Striped OCBD – $34.99 ($69.50)
- Cotton Stretch Web Belt – $27.65 ($39.50)
- Ivory Cotton Shawl Collar Cardigan – $82.60 ($118)
- Original Chippewa Suede Boots – $153.99 ($275)
Got all that? Lots of exclusions to their regular priced stuff. All sportcoats are out, as is all suiting. Kinda a bummer that it seems like J. Crew is now perpetually excluding sportcoats from their regular sales. But the free shipping no min. offer is nice. Not a bad time to pick up a summery belt and not have to shell out for postage. Meanwhile, the sale section has been injected with some new stock. Some of it is out of season of course, but there’s some wearable now things as well.