Sales that deserve some attention heading into the weekend, or sometimes, a bit earlier. Might not be some massive once a year event, but still worth a look. Those are what make up these handfuls. Five of the better sales, one for each finger, are below, plus bonus sales if need be. Included are a few picks worth pointing out.
- Silk/Linen V-Neck Sweater – $34.75 ($69.50)
- Italian Leather Briefcase – $99.00 ($198) full review here
- Luxe Touch Piped Polos – $24.75 ($49.50)
- Luxe Touch Solid Polos – $24.75 ($49.50)
- “Jeremy” Italian Leather Lace-up – $84.00 ($168)
This is how Banana Republic runs their Friends & Family sales. Certain customers (most?) get a user specific code that’s good for 50% off up to five regularly priced items. BUT… this time it looks like there’s quite a few exclusions thanks to “BR Picks” not being up for the code. For example, looks like all of their sportcoats as well as their selection of Traveler Denim are, at post time, carrying the dreaded “BR PICKS” tag. But… and I know you guys are sick of seeing it… a hundred bucks for that briefcase is silly good. Meanwhile, if you didn’t get a single use code, and can’t get someone to hand theirs over, you can use the code BRFRIEND for 40% off. Same exclusions.
- Button Down Collar Polo (old, slimmer fit) – $19.90 ($22.90)
- French Linen Check Shirt – $29.90 ($34.90)
Looks like UNIQLO has changed their terminology from “Weekly Specials” to “New Prices for You”. And by “you” they seem to mean “our entire customer base”. Also, a big heads up… according to the one review on these new button down polos over here (SKU #164190) , UNIQLO has changed the fit and might be phasing out the old fit. So if you liked the old fit, might wanna stock up. The old fit appears to be SKU #132853.
- Poly/Cotton Mac – $39.99 ($69.99)
- Cotton/Nylon/Wool Shawl Collar Sweater – $19.99 ($49.99)
- Leather Boots – $69.99 ($199)
- Wool Blend Sweater – $29.99 ($59.99)
- Wool/Nylon Color Block Sweater – $19.99 ($49.99)
It’s H&M… so, quality might be… turrible. But every once in a while a country of origin, and overall quality can surprise you. Just tread carefully here. It’s also a true clearance, so size selection is awfully scattered.
The Pick: Casio Dive Watch- $35.99 ($40.99)
It’s back in stock. And it even ships free. Shown above on a heavy duty NATO strap. Much better feeling than what you’d think you’d get for that kind of price, and the rubber strap it comes on isn’t half bad either.
- Goodyear Welted Ludlow Suede Wingtips – $223.50 ($298)
- Sperry 1-Eye Canoe Shoes – $82.50 ($110)
- Cotton/Cashmere Striped Crew – $52.12 ($69.50)
- Marled Cotton Anchor Knit Sweater – $73.50 ($98)
- Kenton Suede Penny Loafers – $148.50 ($198)
Certainly not a world beater of a deal, but a couple of their newer arrivals are up for this code. And with prices going up on Allen Edmonds shoes as of late… will some guys start to turn, albeit probably just every so often, to J. Crew’s Goodyear Welted line as a less expensive option? Meanwhile, those Sperry’s in that color look terrific. Too bad they’re all but sold out.
The Pick: Waxwear Zip Brief – $151.20 FINAL ($378)
A steep threshold, but Jack Spade doesn’t do a lot of inexpensive stuff. Really liking the look and functionality of that side zipper on the final sale Waxwear brief. Already on sale, not too high above the $175 threshold, and drops to a very palatable $150 after the code (but… you can’t return it, so know that before buying).
Also worth a mention:
- GAP: 40% off NO EXCLUSIONS w/ FFSALE. Thanks to Vladimir for the tip!
- Yoox: Extra 20% off this season’s styles (but the inventory is just insanely huge), discount applied at checkout.
- Gilt City / J.C.F.: They’ve still got those extra 30% off vouchers up for grabs. You gotta use it by 3/14. Suiting is excluded.