Sales that deserve some attention heading into the weekend, or sometimes, a bit earlier. Might not be some massive once a year event, but still worth a look. Those are what make up these handfuls. Five of the better sales, one for each finger, are below, plus bonus sales if need be. Included are a few picks worth pointing out.
- Italian Wool/Cotton Ludlow Suit Jacket & Matching Pant – $382.20 ($546)
- Heathered Italian Wool Flannel Crosby Suit Jacket & Matching Pant – $455 ($650)
- Heathered Italian Wool Flannel Ludlow Suit Jacket & Matching Pant – $455 ($650)
- Ludlow Dinner Jacket in Italian Wool – $367.50 ($525)
Okay Ludlow & Crosby fans. It’s their bi-annual suiting event. It’s almost always limited to seasonal styles, but there’s a ton of winter left. So flannel up if you so choose. If the prices are still too steep with 30% off, you can always cross your fingers and hope your chosen suit hits the sale section, and an extra 30% – 40% off code comes along. Sizes can go fast depending on the style though. One suit of particular note is that tick-weave Wool-Cotton number with the ticket pocket. Could be a real winner, and something to lean on once the weather gets warmer. Haven’t seen it in person though, but wool/cotton blends can be a nice mix of texture and crispness.
- Grenson Nathan Single Monk (size down a FULL size) – $178.80 FINAL ($435)
- Oak Street Bootmakers Lakeshore Boot – $256.80 FINAL ($460)
- The Mainline Windowpane Topcoat – $298.80 FINAL ($598)
- The Windsor Blazer – $238.80 FINAL ($548)
- French Corders – $58 FINAL ($128)
Got that? It’s a tiered sale, but can only be applied to items that are already on sale. And their sale section is all final sale. Not so hot if you’re going small, but if you’re going with a big ticket item, then that extra 40% off is a pretty rare number these days for Bonobos. A word on the Grenson’s pictured above: Going down a full size does seem to work, as a 9.5 fits my usual 10.5D feet well, with just a slight slip in the heel. Do know that the toe box is a bit on the tall side. More like a traditional buck, less of a sleek dress shoe. Meanwhile, their made in the USA French Corders have taken another cut, and are now under $60. But you’ll have to buy two pairs (or, buy something else to hit $75) to see any extra discount, since they’re under the $75 threshold.
- Thompson Blazer in Microdot (or is it “blue dot grid?”) cotton – $131.50
- 9″ Gramercy Short in Printed Chambray – $41.50
- 9″ Gramcery Short in Sunwashed Oxford – $34.50
- Summerweight Chino in Sutton (slim) fit or Bleecker (Straight) Fit – $52.50
Shorts? Parts of the Eastern Seaboard are about to get smashed by what could be the worst winter storm in recent memory, and we’re talking about shorts? “C’mon man. What we doin’ out there man?” Yet, you guys know how this works. These are the very earliest of early arrivals for JCF. So the 20% off $100+ code isn’t really all that tempting in the least (wait for prices to drop and then other codes to come up for use). But at least it does work on Sportcoats. No suits though.
- Large Waterbag Duffel in Dark Coffee Brown – $621.75 ($829)
- Side Pocket Duffel in Black – $501.75 ($669)
- Medium Dry Bag in Dark Coffee Brown – $232.50 ($310)
- Medium Gadget Bag in Chestnut – $183.75 or Large Gadget Bag in Chestnut – $231
It’s Saddleback, so of course none of it is cheap… and it’s just a select items sale, but man oh man is some of it incredible looking. Full list of select items that are on sale can be found here (get ready to squint), but know that there’s no briefcases in the bunch. Looks like that list was sent out to just a select list of customers? Also know there’s been a recent kerfuffle on reddit over possible changes to the leather finishing on some of Saddleback’s products? Many thanks to Eric M. for sending in the tip about the reddit discussion. Code expires 1/25/16.
- Timex Weekender Chrono on Button Stud Band – $108.80 ($128)
- Architect’s Wallet ‘ $74.80 ($88)
- Field Notes Wallet – $91.80 ($108)
- Button Stud Apple Watchband – $79.90 ($94)
Yes, you can get a Timex weekender chrono from Target for $60. But you’re not really paying for the timepiece here. It’s the Horween leather button stud strap. And you’ve got options. Lots of options.
Not a sale since they’re considered a “jean” and are currently excluded from the 35% off code… but these seem to have some potential. 98% cotton, 2% spandex, and they’re touting them as “stretch” straight fit broken twill jeans. A new arrival, so expect these to be up for codes and sales in the future.