Sales that deserve some attention heading into the weekend, or sometimes, a bit earlier. Might not be some massive once a year event, but still worth a look. Those are what make up these handfuls. Five of the better sales, one for each finger, are below, plus bonus sales if need be. Included are a few picks worth pointing out.
- Waxed Cotton Barge Blazer Jacket – $109.89 ($209)
- Tailored Fit Wool Flannel Trousers in Prince of Wales – $55.99 ($99)
- Tailored Fit Wool Flannel Trousers in Dark Navy Heather or Light Grey Heather – $55.99 ($99)
- Lightweight Down Colorblock Jacket – $41.99 ($119)
- Wool Alpaca Blend Turtleneck Sweater – $52.49 ($99)
And now Lands’ End gets in on the clear out the clearance thing. Nice prices on their wool flannel trousers. Meanwhile… about that waxed cotton blazer/jacket. It is outerwear. There’s a lot going on with it, but it’s surprisingly well executed. You’re looking at a jacket with a waxed cotton body, wool/cotton sleeves, and a corduroy collar & elbow patches. Cut in a sportcoat style no less. The waxed cotton body comes from Halley Stevensons of Dundee Scotland, and the jacket as a whole has a nice, high-quality feel in your hands. Fit is a tad boxy, and it could have benefited from a center or side vents in the rear (it’s vent-less), but that might be getting a bit picky.
The Obvious Pick: Aldo Guietta Boot in Brown (above), Cognac, or Black – $142.80 ($285)
I’m sorry. What? Aldo did a collaboration with Chippewa? Or at least had Chippewa make boots for them? Horween leather uppers, and that “dark brown” color shown here sure has plenty of red tones to it. Looks just like these, only with speed hooks at the top and no Chippewa stamp on the side. Fit seems to be pretty true. Might want to order a half size up if you plan on wearing super-thick socks with them. Maybe. Sizes are limited and moving fast. UPDATE: Sizes are moving extremely fast. Down to almost no sizes left in the two brown options, but a good amount in the black.
- Textured Filpucci Italian Wool Crew Pullover – $29.99 ($79.50)
- Buffalo Check Dopp Kit – $31.49 ($89.50)
- Wyatt Italian Leather Single Monk in Burgundy or Black – $75.49 ($168)
- Waffle-Knit Extra Fine Merino Scarf – $20.99 ($59.50)
- J.C. Rennie & Co. Shetland Wool Sweater – $40.99 ($130)
- Slim 5-Pocket Cord – $22.99 (sizes scattered depending on color) ($69.50)
- Heritage Bold-Stripe Crew – $34.99 ($89.59)
Back to half off. The bad news? Less stock & sizes than the first go-round. The good news? Seems like many if not most items have been reduced a bit further in price. More picks over here, but not all will be still available. UPDATE: Looks like BR is now doing an extra 60% off as of Friday with the code BRSALE60. Word is that code expires on Sunday.
- Quilted Deerskin Zip Gloves in Black or Brown – $59.99 ($135)
- O-Ring Suede Belt – $32.99 ($89.50)
- Schoolboy Striped Wool Scarf – $34.99 ($78)
- Quilted Racing Gloves – $44.99 ($88)
Prices are already marked online, so don’t expect anything else to come off at checkout. But… the free shipping no min. sure is nice (RL shipping can be a bit pricey). Those deerskin gloves feel nice and substantial, without looking overly weighty. Also, big fan of the lighter, rich shade of brown on the O-Ring Suede Belt.
- UNIQLO Button Down Collar Polos in Solid or Stripe – $24.90
- Stretch Wool Slim Fit Jacket – $111.90 ($129.90)
- Wool Blend Duffel Coat – $69.90 ($149.90)
Well look what’s back. Most of us are currently occupying geography that isn’t too friendly to polo wearing at present, but, it’s nice to see UNIQLO is bringing back their button down collar polos for another run. Those are full price, for now. Meanwhile, the code will work on their new Stretch Wool (2% spandex) slim fit jackets. Word from threads is that the functional sleeve buttons are gone on these. That’ll make for easier tailoring. Efforting an in-person review.