Sales that deserve some attention heading into the weekend, or sometimes, a bit earlier. Might not be some massive once a year event, but still worth a look. Those are what make up these handfuls. Five of the better sales, one for each finger, are below, plus bonus sales if need be. Included are a few picks worth pointing out.
J. Crew: 40% off Select Items & Extra 40% off Sale Items w/ SHOPNOW
- Ludlow Topcoat in Navy Glen Plaid English Wool – $227.99 ($475)
- Ludlow Topcoat in Herringbone English Wool – $227.99 ($475)
- Italian Wool Fair Isle Crew – $59.99 ($128)
- Made in the UK Wool Engineer Scarf – $54 ($95)
- Lambswool Three Pocket Shawl Collar Cardigan – $76.80 ($148)
- Sussex Quilted Vest in Blackwatch – $82.80 ($148)
- Ludlow Sportcoat in Lightweight Glen Plaid Black Cotton – $100.80 ($178)
Something kinda odd happened yesterday. At first, a few blazers were appearing in the special 40% off section. But then they were either taken down, or the code was disallowed on them. Is J. Crew moving towards a policy of always excluding their blazers from codes, unless they hit the sale section? Strange. Anyway, lots of new items in the sale section, and that 40% off cut is certainly welcome on some of the spendier items, like those English Wool topcoats. Code SHOPNOW expires today, 12/17/15.
- Slim-Fit Custom 078 Wash Dash Shirt – $32.25 ($64.50)
- Extra Fine Merino V-Neck Sweater – $34.75 ($69.50)
- Scottish Shetland Wool Sweater – $65.00 ($130)
- Kentfield Vintage Straight Cords – $34.75 ($69.50)
It’s a quiet one, and there’s not an immense amount of inventory getting the 50% cut, but there are some nice basics getting the Friends & Family style pricing right now. Here’s how to wear that small print, custom wash shirt.
- Converse Jack Purcell Signature Sneakers – $49.87 ($95)
- Jack Spade Anchor Embossed Card Case – $40.95 ($78)
- Il Bussetto Luggage Tag – $14.62 FINAL ($65)
Full honesty: I just wasn’t that impressed with the redesign of the Jack Purcell. But the new Chuck Taylor got some positive feedback from others, so, perhaps it’s just me? Full review of the new JPs can be found here. Tough to find on sale, and now down to a price point many of us are used to picking up canvas sneakers at.
- Waxed Twill Davis Brief – $141.75 FINAL ($398)
- Walker Leather File Case – $186.75 FINAL ($548)
- Made in the USA Dehen x Jack Spade R1 Jacket – $314.25 ($598)
- Beacon Houndstooth Scarf – $51.75 ($98)
And this one isn’t ending any time soon (goes clear into the new year). So… if you’re in need of some sort of modern but still minimal accessory or briefcase, keep an eye on the Jack Spade Sale Section after Christmas.
- Stafford Gunner Cap Toe Boot –
- Stafford Decaon Wingtip Boot –
- Stafford Signature Wool Blend Topcoat – $73.49
- Stafford Harris Tweed Sportcoat – $95.13
Can’t imagine that the Stafford boots are gonna get any cheaper than that. Goodness.
Under forty bucks? UPDATE: They raised prices just a bit (of course they did) so now with the code they drop to just under $45. Still. Not bad. Meanwhile, you can also take $10 off $25 w/ NOWSAV, but the better deal is to use the 25% or 30% off code FUNSHOP on the picks above.
- Tweed Blazer in Navy or Grey – $59.00 ($118)
- Textured Lambswool Blend Sweater – $29.97 ($59.95)
- Buffalo Plaid Lambswool Blend Hat – $9.97 ($19.95)
^^^Look at all that blue^^^ Anyway, you do need to be a GAP Inc card member (a BR or Old Navy card works too) but 50% off is as good as GAP is gonna get, and it doesn’t appear to exclude denim this time. Fair warning on their blazers: They’re almost always chopped in the tail.
- Solid Flannel trousers in navy or grey – $47.99 ($99.99)
- Prince of Wales Flannel Trousers – $47.99 ($99.99)
- Tailored Fit Donegal Windowpane Sportcoat – $119.99 ($249.99)
Between the sale prices and the extra 40% off, the end result is about half off for many of their cold weather appropriate yet still great looking goods. Fifty bucks for their flannel trousers is pretty friggin’ good. UPDATE: L.E. is now running a 50% off regular priced code and pin (NOW40 & 1818) that drops their year’rounder suit jackets and matching trousers to $157 for the entire suit. Word from Eric J., who sent in the tip, is that they feel just as good if not better than the JCF Thompson.
Also worth a mention
- Bonobos: Extra 30% off Sale Items w/ ALLISBRIGHT
- UNIQLO: $15 off $100 w/ HOLIDAY15
- Lands’ End: 40% off w/ ALL40 + 1717. Thanks to Eric L. for the tip!
- J. Crew Factory: 50% off everything + Extra 20% off w/ DONTMELT. That puts the blue tweed blazer down to $91.20, and their excellent navy chino blazer at $79.20
- Brooks Brothers: 25% off w/ DECBC15