Sales that deserve some attention heading into the weekend, or sometimes, a bit earlier. Might not be some massive once a year event, but still worth a look. Those are what make up these handfuls. Expect these things when necessary. Five of the better sales, one for each finger, are below, plus bonus sales if need be. Included are a few picks worth pointing out.
- Kieran Boot in Horse Leather – $279.20 ($495)
- Kieran Boot in Brown Calfskin – $319.20 ($495)
- Bond Peacoat in Charcoal – $391.20 ($695)
Looks like it’s stacking with sale items at post time. Pretty steep threshold, but it’s Billy Reid. So the stuff already is expensive, but you’re getting high quality too. That, and their return policy has changed. Now sale items (as long as they’re not Final sale items) can be returned for original form of payment. Not just store credit. Those “horse leather” cap toe black boots have a pretty slick silhouetted, plus the gumlite vibram sole is a good match for what appears to be a waxed/slightly distressed leather? Efforting an in person. Pricey, but could pull a ton of use in a smart casual wardrobe.
- Extra Fine Merino V-Neck, Crew Neck , or Turtleneck – $29.90 ($39.90)
- Cashmere V-Neck ‘ $69.90 ($99.90)
- Cashmere Crew Neck – $49.90 ($99.90)
- Wool Blend Down Vest – $59.90 ($69.90)
A double great feelin’… makin’ you realize, double mint’s the one for youuuuuu. Double Mint, DOUBLE MINT GUM! … Right. I know the sweaters are grey, and not green. But still. Anywho, Extra Fine Merino Wool is still ten bucks off, but the free shipping no minimum helps. Meanwhile, Cashmere V-necks are $30 off, and Cashmere Crewnecks are half price. Just know that some of the reviewers said the cashmere sleeves run long?
- Grant Fit “Worsted” Partially Lined Blazer – $251.30 ($450)
- 100% Cashmere Knit Cap in Multiple Shades – $48.30 ($89.50)
- Washed Leather Gloves in Multiple Shades – $60.30 ($129.50)
- Washed Wool Crew-Neck Sweater – $69.30 ($119.50)
No code necessary here as the discount happens at checkout. That blazer has real potential, but it looks like it’s more of a tweedy or donegal-like fabric than a worsted? Has a bit of roughness to the fabric. Partially lined too, and the patch pockets help keep it casual.
- Filson Medium Duffel in Navy or Tan – $258.75 ($345)
- Filson Original Briefcase in Navy, Tan – $198.75 ($265), or Black – $186.00 ($248)
- Peal & Co. Made in the UK Burgunday Cordovan Boots – $823.50* ($1000.98) *Mortgage? What Mortgage?*
Doesn’t appear to have the same long list of (understandable) exclusions that they had for the 40% off accessories/shoes sale from Sunday. 25% off is a pretty kind discount for Filson goods, and tough to replicate somewhere else. Add on top of that the rare, free shipping offer that Brooks Brothers is running, and it’s worth a look.
- Alpaca Blend Cardigan ($148) + Hoof Pick Belt ($90) + Moleskin Jeans ($138) = $263.20 ($376)
- Made in the USA Oak Street Lakeshore Boot in Natural or Black – $322 ($468)
- Two pairs of French Corders – $147 ($256)
Pretty much a repeat of their Black Friday deal. Steep threshold, so you might have to do some combo picking to get there. Code does seem to be working on their 3rd party stuff, namely their Oak Street shoes & boots. And as always, check out the sale section to double up with a code on top of the markdown. If you get two pairs of their Made in the USA French corders, they drop to $73.50 a pop. Still not cheap, but much better than the $128 original asking price.
BONUS: Orient: 40% off w/ HLDY2015
As usual. this excludes the Mako USA, but it’s better than the normal 30% off codes they typically run. And between the Adventurer (full review here) and new Polaris, Orient’s got some stunners in their new lineup.
BONUS II: J. Crew 40% off Sale Items w/ THURSDAY
- Italian Wool Shawl Neck Cardigan – $70.80 ($128)
- Bowery Classic Pant in Herringbone Wool – $59.99 ($128)
- Ludlow Double Breasted Topcoat in English Wool – $233.99 ($495)
- Ludlow Topcoat in Herringbone English Wool – $227.99 ($475)
- SLIM Merino Wool V-Neck Sweater – $29.99 – $43.80 ($78)
J. Crew has been running a new, daily deal all this week, and while the headline for them is 30% off select reg. priced styles, it’s the extra 40% off sale items where you can make some real hay. The sale section is looking real solid right now, while the 30% off deal excludes all blazers and suits. So… to the sale section we go for those picks above. Free shipping no minimum is also an extra nice addition to the deal. Code expires today, 12/10/15.