Sales that deserve some attention heading into the weekend, or sometimes, a bit earlier. Might not be some massive once a year event, but still worth a look. Those are what make up these handfuls. Expect these things when necessary. Five of the better sales, one for each finger, are below, plus bonus sales if need be. Included are a few picks worth pointing out.
- Velvet Jacket – $41.99 ($69.99)
- Suede Chelsea Boots – $59.40 ($99.99)
- Wool/Nylon Colorblock Textured Crew – $29.99 ($49.99)
- Beige Wool Blend Coat – $119.40 ($199)
Should have a review of those suede chelsea boots up on the site next week (barring any shipping/delivery issues). A quick warning on that velvet jacket: it’s probably lined in polyester. Poly lining + velvet shell = sauna town. If you’re prone to overheat, might want to skip that one. Meanwhile, H&M brick and mortar stores around the holidays can be absolute hell. The crowds, the fitting rooms are like a cattle yard, and the stores are often staffed by people who are outrageously young. That’s not pomade in his hair, THAT’S PLACENTA! So the free shipping at $50 code 3247, which stacks, will absolutely be used.
- Thompson Fit Wool Blend Glen Plaid Sportcoat – $89.99 ($149.99)
- Hayes Waxed Canvas Coat w/ Thinsulate – $77.99 ($129.99)
- Sutton Garment Dyed Jean – $23.99 ($39.99)
- SLIM Lambswool Crew or V-Neck Sweater – $17.99 ($29.99)
- Sutton Herringbone Cotton Pant – $23.99 ($39.99)
Hat tip to Brandon C. for the heads up on Facebook that the Thompson Glen Plaid sportcoat has already made it to Clearance. Seems early, doesn’t it? Just featured in yesterday’s style scenario too, so, there’s one way to wear it.
- Made in the USA French Corders – $68.60 ($128)
- Merino Wool Cable Shawlneck Pullover – $75.60 ($148)
- North Country Alpaca Blend Shawl Pullover – $68.60 ($118)
- Sebago Beacon Boot – $77.00 ($130)
Not site-wide like their Cyber Monday sale (which is usually the best of the year for them), but still. 30% off is helpful, and they’ve added more than a few new, fall/winter ready items to their sale section. Almost seventy bucks for cords is asking a lot, but they are made in the USA, come in a bunch of not-so-usual colors (as well as some expected shades), and they’re super comfortable. The French fabric is very flexible and soft. Easy to move in. Plus you get the famous Bonobos fit and the Ninja customer service.
The Pick: Tissot Visodate Automatic – $393.46
Pretty sure these usually hover around the low to mid $400s on Amazon, so sub $400 isn’t half bad. The Visodate is simple, has that retro Tissot logo, and measures in at 40mm. So pretty easy to wear for most wrist sizes. Dressed up without being stuffy. Can be worn with plenty of different outfits.
The Pick: Extra Fine Merino Waffle Scarf – $19.50 ($59.50)
Sometimes I don’t get Banana Republic sales. They’ve got specific sections for “up to” 30% off, 40% off, and 50% off… and their waffle scarves are sitting in the up to 50% off section. But it’s closer to 70% off. These would be one of those times I don’t get Banana Republic sales. They’re also doing an extra 40% off sale items w/ BRSALE. That puts their single monks in black or burgundy back down to $90.59. Not as low as they’ve gone for, but a good deal all the same. Review here.
Also worth a mention
- DSW: $10 off shoes or boots once you log in to their rewards program w/ GIFTS4ALL
- JC Penney: 25% off, or 30% off $100+ w/ DECFRND
- J. Crew: 30% off Select Items & an extra 40% off sale items w/ PRESENTS
- Suitsupply: They’ve got a new dark to medium grey flannel Napoli in their $399 blue line collection.
- Timex: They’re still running their 30% off everything code, CYBER30. Code expires 12/4.
- TheModestMan: Brock over at The Modest Man has launched his first collection of Made in the USA shirts. They ain’t cheap at $98, but if you’re a shorter guy who has a hard time finding shirts, they might be worth a look.