Sales that deserve some attention heading into the weekend, or sometimes, a bit earlier. Might not be some massive once a year event, but still worth a look. Those are what make up these handfuls. Expect these things when necessary. Five of the better sales, one for each finger, are below, plus bonus sales if need be. Included are a few picks worth pointing out.
- John W. Nordstrom Regular Fit Jacquard Cotton Sport Coat – $129.90 ($198)
- Calibrate Cusano Double Monk Shoe – $77.98 ($130)
- Nordstrom Cedar Shoe Trees – $14.90 ($19.95)
- John W. Nordstrom Fabriano Cap Toe Derby – $116.98 ($195)
- Nordstrom Trim Fit Dress Shirts in Herringbone or Check – $38.90 ($69.50)
- Sebago Brattle Wingtip Oxford – $86.98 ($145)
- Todd Snyder White Label Knit Wool Burgundy Tie – $59.90 ($95)
Couldn’t tell you how much of this is new to their sale section, or how much is leftovers that they’re just trying to draw more attention to. But it does look like Nordstrom has put a good amount of their own, in-house branded goods on sale for this event. And the steal of the sale has to be those suede double monks for $78. Should look great with everything from dark wash denim to flannel trousers. Everything ships and returns free since it’s Nordstrom. Even the shoe trees.
- Ludlow Peak Lapel Wool-Cashmere Camel Topcoat w/ Thinsulate – $325.50 ($465)
- Ludlow Navy Glen Plaid English Wool Topcoat – $329 ($475)
- Ludlow Topcoat in Wool-Cashmere w/ Thinsulate – $325.50 ($450)
- Italian Wool Shawl Collar Cardigan – $86.10 ($128)
J. Crew’s sale section finally got a bit of a nice injection of new goods, and most of the new stuff is cold weather appropriate. Still a splurge even with an extra 30% off, but most of their line of topcoats are getting this cut. Including the peak lapel camel number seen above.
Allen Edmonds Factory 2nds prices can fluctuate, but this one seems to put most desirable models down into the Rediscover America Sale range. Low to mid $200s for most. Daltons are down to $254.25, and Strands are $225.25. Remember, these are factory 2nds quality, so there’s a bit of a gamble. Prices are good through 11/11. As is always the case, size and leather shade selection can vary greatly depending on size and width. Picks shown above were prices at post time for 10.5 D. AE seems to be having some technical difficulties early this AM (11/5) and page load times are long. So, might have to wait.
So you gotta drop $799, but you get everything. A tuxedo (black peak or navy shawl) or a dinner jacket + pant combo, tux shirt, bowtie, and shoes. BUT… you gotta be good with the traditional patent leather shoe look, instead of more subtle well shined black lace ups. Not a bad idea by Suitsupply, now that we’re on the cusp of the holiday celebration season.
- Camel Wool Blend Topcoat – $149.00 ($298)
- Plaid Wool Blend Topcoat – $149.00 ($298)
- Traveler Jeans in Rinse – $59.00 ($118)
- “Ty” Chelsea Boot – $89.00 ($178) Full review here.
but… you need a one-time use code, and there are also exclusions. They email those codes out to certain customers and credit card holders when these sales come rolling around. BR Picks, leather apparel, 100% Cashmere, & third party branded merchandise aren’t up for the deal. But there’s still plenty to pick from if you got a code.
Been a while since these dipped under $200 anywhere. And even at around two hundred bucks they more than fairly priced. Made in the USA from all US sourced components. Yes, you guys have seen these things a million times before, but still worth a mention. Full review here. Note: Huckberry is labeling the lined version as “Buckskin tan” and the unlined as “Sunflower.” Not sure if they’re identical or not.
Also worth a mention
- GAP: 40% off, no exclusions w/ FFBEST. Picks over here.
- Lands’ End: 30% off w/ FRIEND and 1300
- J. Crew Factory: $30 off $100 w/ SHOPNOW. Not the best deal, but if you put the very nice, unconstructed navy chino blazer in your bag (currently $99), then add something cheap from clearance to tip the balance, you can get it for under eighty bucks. Which is about as good as you’re gonna do on this thing until it hits clearance. Full review here.
- UNIQLO: Their extra fine merino wool sweaters are still $10 off, and Cashmere is $20 off.
- Hugh & Crye: Select FINAL SALE blazers are $99 with the code 99BLAZER. But all sales are final and you can’t return them. Thanks to JD for the tip!