Sales that deserve some attention heading into the weekend, or sometimes, a bit earlier. Might not be some massive once a year event, but still worth a look. Those are what make up these handfuls. Expect these things when necessary. Five of the better sales, one for each finger, are below, plus bonus sales if need be. Included are a few picks worth pointing out.
- 10 Button “Classic” Peacoat – $114.00
- Lambswool V-Neck Sweaters – $32.00
- Suede Belt – $22.00
- Slim Patterned Washed Shirts – $29.50
- Slim Plaid Washed Shirts – $29.50
No big shock that suiting is excluded, and while half off the “valued at” price isn’t quite as good as it gets, there’d need to be a pretty low sale price on an item and a code to stack on top. So, not bad for the Columbus Day weekend. Lots of new arrivals too, including JCF’s version of the J. Crew Dock Peacoat (10 buttons, a touch longer than many other peacoats, and chest-high hand warmer pockets).
- Warwick Single Monk Straps – $219.00
- Strand Cap Toe Oxfords – $219.00
- Dalton Wingtip Boots – $249.00
So AE has their big Rediscover America Sale going on, but that doesn’t mean they’ve left out their factory 2nds outlets and the Shoebank. They’ve been taking an extra 15% – 30% off styles as well. But you’ve just got to play the 2nds quality, scratch and dent game. Some models will show up with hardly any kind of noticeable blemish. Others will be disappointing, and you may want to send em back (and get dinged with a $10 restocking fee if you mail them back or drop them at a non-outlet). It’s a gamble, but the savings can be incredible.
- David Hart Windowpane 100% Wool Pants – $110
- David Hart Reversible Balmacaan Coat – $180
- David Hart Tweed Jacket – $150 & Matching Pant – $98
- The Hill-Side Herringbone Pants – $98
- The Hill-Side Selvedge Chambray Tie – $39.95
Not on sale (the GAP + GQ Collaboration is usually excluded from all promotions until its been out for a good long while) but still worth a mention. GAP’s annual partnership with GQ and some hand-picked designers was recently released, and there’s some real eye catching pieces this time around. And it’s the collections from David Hart and The Hill-Side which seem to be the stars of this show. For example, those windowpane pants from the David Hart line? They seem to be all but sold out already. Might be worth keeping an eye on in case they re-stock.
- Wolverine 1000 Mile Centennial Boot – $159.94 ($199.94)
- Mercanti Fiorentini Plain Toe Oxford – $119.95 ($139.95)
- Mercanti Fiorentini Wingtip – $129.95 ($149.95)
- Mercanti Fiorentini Wholecuts – $139.95 ($159.95)
Been a while since DSW ran a tiered code. You do have to be part of their “rewards member” email list, but it’s not very invasive. Like, not at all invasive. Two very different shoes in the pic above. One is the already on sale Wolverine 1000 miler in Horween grain bison leather, the other is a super sleek, quite affordable dress shoe from the DSW Made in Italy brand Mercanti Fiorentini. And not a bad price for either of them. Hat tip to reader Jim K. for sending in an email about the wholecuts and vouching for them. Says he got em’ to go with his tux for his wedding, and everyone who asked about them were shocked he got them at DSW.
- SLIM Softspun V-Neck or Crew-Neck Sweater – $59.15 ($89.50)
- Dock Peacoat w/ Thinsulate – $201.60 ($298)
- Ludlow Sportcoat in Italian Cotton – $97.99 ($228)
- Crosby Fit Oxford Cloth Suit Jacket & Pant – $265.98 ($546)
- Braided Web Belt – $24.15 ($39.50)
Not the greatest sale in the world, but some of their newer fall arrivals have wandered into the sale section so that means they’re up for the code (even if they’re only “on sale” for a couple bucks off). Code expires today, 10/8… so perhaps they’ll run something a little more tempting tomorrow to kick off Columbus Day Weekend?
Those retail prices might be a tad inflated, but the sale prices are dirt cheap. And hey, Abboud makes a pretty decent shoe for the price. On sale via the Nordstrom owned Hautelook, which takes in-store returns at their Rack locations. As is almost always the case, cheap suede is going to look much better than cheap smooth leather.
Also worth a mention
- Banana Republic: 50% off select styles and 40% off the rest of the site with the usual exclusions. Picks here.
- Allen Edmonds: As previously mentioned, their Rediscover America Sale is still going on.
- Need Supply Co: 25% off w/ EVERYONE25. Alden & Filson & a few other brands are excluded, but Wolverine and Red Wing seem to be up for the code.
- Express: 40% off all outerwear, sweaters and jeans, plus take $25 off every $100 w/ 1334
- Club Monaco: 40% off sale & clearance w/ 4040SALE
- Lands’ End: $15 off $75 / $25 off $100 / $50 off $150 w/ GETMORE and pin 9104