Sales that deserve some attention heading into the weekend, or sometimes, a bit earlier. Might not be some massive once a year event, but still worth a look. Those are what make up these handfuls. Expect these things when necessary. Five of the better sales, one for each finger, are below, plus bonus sales if need be. Included are a few picks worth pointing out.
JCPenney: New Cognac Gunner Boots in Store
- Stafford Gunner Cap Toe in Cognac (only black online) – $50.99 w/ SEPTSALE
- Stafford Deacon Wingtip Boot – $50.99 w/ SEPTSALE
Huge thanks to Jeff H. for the tip on this one. Looks like JCPenney has decided to make their “Gunner” cap-toe, non wingtip boot in the very popular “cognac” shade that the wingtip Deacon has always come in. Hasn’t appeared online yet, but they are showing up in stores (you’ll need this coupon for the extra 15% off in store). So if you prefer the cap toe look over the wingtip, you might want to check your local brick & mortar. Same solid leather quality. Meanwhile, they’ve slashed the price on the Deacon online, and it’s now dropping under sixty bucks with additional codes. With the Gunner now coming in cognac, is there a Deacon Wingtip boot in black in our future? Full review of these things here.
- Lambswool Shawl Collar Cardigan in Nordic Dot – $75.50 ($108)
- Lambswool Varsity Crew Sweater – $48.50 ($69.50)
- Walker Vest in Herringbone – $82.50 ($118)
- Unconstructed Wool Blend Sportcoat – $138.50 ($190)
Nothing too earth shattering in this latest drop of new arrivals from J. Crew Factory. Just a standard 30% off for now, with the prices already marked as such on the site. Sit tight if you can to wait for further cuts and codes. UPDATE: If you decide to spend big, you can knock 20% off $100+ w/ the code EXTRA20. Doesn’t expire until 9/21 either.
Christopher Ward is quietly running a “nearly new” event that is taking at least 30% off those watches in question. Add in free global shipping through the end of the month (if memory serves, shipping from C. Ward can be steep), as well as the fact that their “nearly new” watches still come with 60 day free returns & a 60 month movement guarantee, and that’s about as good as it’ll get for C. Ward. Selection is limited of course, but the 39mm C3 quartz chronos are a part of the deal. One of the better looking dress chronos on the market, the style is inspired by vintage Aston Martin dashboards. Plus, they’re Swiss made.
- Tailored Fit Charcoal Italian Wool Suit Jacket & Pant – $285 ($560)
- Extra-Fine Merino Wool V-Neck Sweater – $39.50 ($69.50)
- Slim-Fit Stretch Poplin Dress Shirt – $35 ($59.50)
- Modern Slim-Fit Micro-Houndstooth Blazer – $98.00 ($198)
BR is pushing their Extra 40% off sale event more than anything, but the sale section is really picked over. On the other hand, it’s this quiet “up to” 50% off select styles deal that’s worth a look. It’s a pretty random selection, but there’s some worthwhile cuts on items that don’t usually get any type of cut. Banana Republic’s suits are fused, but on the rare occasion that they dip under $300, they’re a pretty good deal. The Italian wool has some nice spring to it, it drapes well, and the “Tailored Fit” seems to work for the guys who don’t like the lower button stance and slim lapels of a JCF Thompson.
The Pick: Bespoke Post Weekender in Navy – $45.00
Bespoke Post’s popular canvas mason’s style “Weekender” bag is back… and now in more color options. Originally just offered in a natural canvas, they’re now making it in Navy, Grey, and Olive. That’s great news for those who think the original natural shows dirt and grime a little too quickly. Dimensions are 20″ x 12″ x 8″.
Also worth a mention
- Yoox: Extra 20% off everything w/ FRIENDS. Free shipping no min. through 9/19 too.
- J. Crew: 25% off Select “Fall-Must Haves.” Not a ton there though. Seems like J. Crew is really getting stingy with the codes?
- Nordstrom: Their end of summer clearance event is still going on.
- Suitsupply: Looks like they’ve added a new, light grey wool suit to their $399 line complete with Mother of Pearl buttons?
- Rue La La: They just launched a Cole Haan event. Shoes, Accessories, Coats, etc.