IT’S NOT JUST A HANDFUL. IT’S A HOEDOWN.
Why hoedown? Too much for a handful. And “Labor Day Weekend Jazz-hands!” sounds terrible.
All right, let’s get on with it. Enjoy the long weekend fellas.
- Slim Softspun Shawl Cardigan – $89.60 ($128)
- Sussex Quilted Jacket in Charcoal or Navy – $138.60 ($198)
- Wallace & Barnes Wool Shawl Cardigan – $110.60 ($158)
- Two Slim Softspun V-Necks – $125.30 (reg. $179 for two)
Lots of exclusions here, including all of their new fall blazers as well as the new “Legacy” blazers. But some of their new arrivals do get the cut, as long as you hit that $125 threshold. Most of their new outerwear is out too (topcoats + peacoats). Boy… gotta wonder if the recent shakeups at J. Crew have led to some cutting back on codes and promos? Or at least an expansion of exclusions? Not even their new cord sportcoats are getting a discount here. Sale items are 30% off unless they’re final sale, and then it’s 50%.
The Picks: Depends on your size/width… so check the Shoebank’s website.
Worth another mention. Launched last week but still going on. And look carefully. It’s easy to blow past the models with images that fail to load, but there are some Brooks Brothers model Strands in there for $169. Highlights include Daltons for $288 and the just released Cornwallis in the $250s. Remember, they are 2nds quality. More info here.
Banana Republic: 40% – 50% off w/ BRFALL (w/ Exclusions)
Extra Fine Merino Wool V-neck – $41.70($69.50)
- Slim Fit Stretch Poplin Dress Shirt- $29.75 ($59.50)
- Wyatt Italian Leather Single Monk Strap – $100.80 ($168)
Excludes blazers, BR picks, etc… the usual. And there are a LOT of items that have been stuck with the “BR Picks” tag (like their new chelseas), so, exclusions abound. So nothing mind numbing. But there is a selection of items that are getting a 50% off cut with the code, and some staples that are getting the 40% off deal. Like their single monk straps that are awfully nice for the price. Full review here. UPDATE: Well damn. Looks like the Extra Fine Merino Vs are not up for the code. When browsing, some colors say they’re a BR Pick, others do not. Get to the item page, & despite not having the “BRPICK” distinction there, the code won’t work. Thanks to Jason P. for the heads up.
The bad news is that it’s an awfully steep threshold to get any kind of discount. The good news is that at Ledbury, you can easily spend $250 on just two shirts! … HOW IS THIS GOOD NEWS? Kidding. I mean, kinda. Ledbury shirts are an investment. But they hold up extremely well, the fabrics are fantastic, the lowered 2nd button is brilliant for going tieless, and they really do feel, fit, and fall better than more affordable shirts. They just cost quite a bit to acquire.
Sadly this excludes the new Mako USA, but other than that, it’s a blanket 40% off across the board. Might be a decent time to pick up the new Bauhaus-ish Bambino Version #3 (seen above). Orient has restricted their codes to 30% off in recent years, with the occasional bump up in discount for holidays… but do remember that some 3rd party retailers (often fulfilled by Amazon) can beat even those discounts on more common models.
- Dunlap Hopsack Linen/Cotton Blazer – $206.10 FINAL ($595)
- K-Swiss Arlington – $62.10 FINAL ($155)
- Piped Double Monks – $265.50 FINAL ($425)
So, the Billy Reid people emailed yesterday and asked if we’d like to run our own specific extra 10% of sale items code for the Labor Day Weekend. … well… sure? Don’t see why that’d be a bad thing at all. It is final sale stuff though, so no returns. Tread carefully.
The (obvious) pick: Stafford Deacon Wingtip Boot – $75.00 ($100)
Doesn’t seem like these have gone on “sale” (not just codes, but marked down pre-code) yet since their return, and 25% off is about as good as it gets for JC Penney codes these days. Code is set to expire today, 9/3. Shipping is free since they’re over $49.
Oh. Brilliant. A blue dial on a blue strap, plus a grey dial on a black strap. Plus they cleaned up the dial by adding stick indices, and ditching the somewhat bulky Arabic numerals. Usually these things list at around $100? See the review of the first couple they came out with over here. Big fan of these new additions.
- Aston Grey “Chatsworth” Single Monk – $79.95 ($99.95)
- Aston Grey “Ranchero” Chukka – $89.95 ($109.95)
- Mercanti Fiorentini Burgundy Wingtip Oxford – $139.95 ($159.95)
DSW’s Aston Grey house brand does it again. Their suede single monks from last year were phenomenal, and these new, almost burgundy-leaning leather monks hold a bunch of potential for the late summer, fall, and winter. Perfect toe shape. Gonna look great with jeans and/or chinos. And while the buckle is “antiqued” a bit more than maybe some would prefer, it’s certainly not as distracting as some chromed-up shiny thing. Leather is super soft, but seems to wrinkle easily up where the flaps meet the smooth vamp. But that’s not unexpected for a hundred bucks.
- Tailored Fit Windowpane Wool Blend Sportcoat – $174.30 ($249)
- Tailored Fit Brushed Cotton Herringbone Jacket & Matching Slim or Reg. Pant – $187.60 ($268)
- Two Pairs of Year ’rounder Dress Pants – $124.60 ($178)
A pretty steep threshold from Lands’ End, but at least it looks like they’re doing their best to turn their style-ship around (and back in a better direction for most of us on this website). As first pointed out over here, that herringbone suit jacket & pant might be a good way to pick up something that looks like a wool flannel suit, without the cost of wool. Should feel soft anyway, since it’s a brushed cotton.
Update: Many thanks to Brandon D. who pointed out that you can take 30% off ONE regularly priced item, no threshold, with the code LEARN and pin 7240. That’s great news for the guys looking to pick up, say, one pair of Year ’rounder Dress pants or something else that doesn’t get near the $150 threshold. LEARN and 7240 expires 9/4.
- Bonobos Daily Grind End-on-End Dress Shirt – $48.98 ($98)
- Nordstrom Smartcare Herringbone Trim Fit Dress Shirt – $38.90 ($65)
- Fossil Wakefield Chrono – $67.49 ($135)
- Todd Snyder Made in the USA Silk/Cotton Tie – $46.90 ($95)
Doesn’t appear to be that much different than what they had in their sale section a week or so ago? Maybe some new markdowns, maybe not. Everything ships and returns for free though.
- Dipped Leather Slim Brief – $171.75 FINAL ($498)
- Grant Leather File Brief in Black – $134.25 FINAL ($398)
- Bristol Leather Charter Brief – $179.25 FINAL ($548)
Big thanks to Jason P. for sending in the tip on this one here. That drops the drool-tastic Dipped Leather Slim Brief to well under $200. Not bad for a briefcase that started out at an awfully steep $498. Most of the sale section is final sale though, so be careful. Can’t return that stuff.
The Picks: Lots. Over this way.
Also worth a mention:
- Club Monaco: Extra 40% off Sale & clearance w/ NOTOVERYET (but the selection is really picked over).
- Brooks Brothers: Their Labor Day Clearance Event is going on. Pretty picked over though.
- Bonobos: Not a sale, but they just had a bunch of new arrivals show up.
- Target: Clothing, Shoes, & Accessories are 25% off plus an additional 10% off w/ LABORDAY.
- UNIQLO: $15 off $100+ w/ BACK2SCHOOL and free shipping on $99+
- Huckberry: Free shipping through Monday.