Sales that deserve some attention heading into the weekend, or sometimes, a bit earlier. Might not be some massive once a year event, but still worth a look. Those are what make up these handfuls. Expect these things when necessary. Five of the better sales, one for each finger, are below, plus bonus sales if need be. Included are a few picks worth pointing out.
Club Monaco sent out this tiered code to their email subscribers on Thursday night. Code is good for 20% off $200+, 25% off $300+, and 30% off $500+. Yes, those are some steep thresholds. But at post time, it appears that Club Monaco is allowing the code to be applied to some of if not most or all of their 3rd party merchandise. Not bad, when you consider that the code takes 25% off the new(ish) Allen Edmonds Mora 2.0 double monk. Those are tough to find on sale.
- Waxed Cotton Elston Barge Blazer – $146.30 ($209)
- Tailored Fit Donegal Windowpane Sportcoat – $174.30 ($249)
- Moon Mills Wool Peak Lapel Topcoat – $279.30 ($399)
- Knit 50% Cashmere / 50% Wool Hat – $34.30 ($49)
- Tailored Fit Year’rounder merino wool dress pants – $62 ($89)
- SLIM Fit Year’rounder merino wool dress pants – $62 ($89)
And this would be Friday update #2. Big thanks to Eric L. for sending in the tip on this one. Lands’ End has moved their 30% off select styles deal from yesterday up to a full 30% off all regular priced items. Not bad. Especially since their new fall lineup has more than a couple tempting pieces in it. Like that waxed cotton body / wool & cotton sleeved blazer-jacket. Also their Donegal Windowpane sportcoat is a decently tailored fit, and the fabric is nice… but the “aero cool” lining feels like the 100% polyester the tag on the inside of the pocket says it is. Still, it’s an attractive jacket for sure. More details coming up in the annual best blazers/sportcoats of the fall round up. Code ORDERNOW and pin 7500 are good through Monday, 9/21.
- Extra Fine Merino V-Neck – $29.90 ($39.90)
- Extra Fine Merino Turtleneck – $29.90 ($39.90)
- Slim Fit OCBD – $19.90 ($39.90)
Friday update… #3! Two of UNIQLO’s more popular products, their Extra Fine Merino Sweaters and their Slim Fit Oxford Cloth Button Downs have just been put on weekly promotion. Meanwhile, you can knock $15 off orders of $100+ with the code THANKS. Free shipping kicks in at fifty bucks.
- Two Fitzgerald Fit 1818 Suits –
$1274.25 (or, $637.25 per suit)
- Allen Edmonds Single Monks w/ Rubber Sole – $321 ($428)
- Allen Edmonds Medallion Cap Toes (Strands) w/ Rubber Sole – $321 ($428)
- Suede Made in the USA Boots – $426 ($568)
- Italian Merino Wool Knit Blazer – $373.50 ($498)
- Filson Original Twill Briefcase in Tan, Navy, or Black – $186 – $198.75
It’s Brooks Brothers, so even with the 25% off Friends and Family code, there’s some serious investment level pricing going on. But if you’re in a suit daily (or, even not), then their 1818 suits can be dependable staples in your closet. Lots to pick from in their shoe collection too. Know that the insole on the AE for Brooks Brothers shoes tend to be a little different, and you get a rubber sole for grip too. UPDATE: Looks like they took down the two suits discount overnight, so you can’t stack it with the 25% off F&F deal. Fiddlesticks.
- Beckham Bodywear Tee – $15 ($24.95)
- 100% Wool Blazer – $79.99 ($129)
- Cotton Navy Mac – $69.99 ($129)
- Linen Blend Popover – $17 ($29.95)
- Cotton/Silk Blend Dot Sweater – $29.99 ($49.99)
Meanwhile, on the opposite end of the price spectrum from Brooks Brothers… H&M is having a sale. Some guys steer clear of H&M due to the less than stellar quality. Understood. But some do dive in. Just be warned on the sportcoats and blazers. They run small, and they’re chopped in the tail.
- Lambswool Shawl Collar Rugby Cable Cardigan – $58.80 ($98)
- Wool Mac Jacket – $88.80 ($148)
- Toggle Lambswool Shawl Cardigan – $58.80 ($98)
- Lived-in Stripe Henley – $20.97 ($34.95)
Who put a quarter in GAP? Nice work outta them with the fall collection. Sweater of the year candidate right there. Looks like GAP is resurrecting their fantastic lambswool/nylon blend from last fall/winter, and they’ve made it in a shawl collar, cable knit, rugby stripe cardigan. Brilliant. For the code, know that jeans and leather goods are out, but it seems like the rest of the site is a go for the 40% off. And that’s about as good as GAP can get.
Kinda a true clearance, so sizes are really scattered. But most sizes available in those shoe picks. Meanwhile, BR is still running their “up to 50% off select styles” event that sees some decent discounts on suiting, blazers, and a few other items that normally aren’t up for codes.
Also worth a mention
- J. Crew: 25% off select items, including some new arrivals, w/ SHOPNOW. Picks here.
- J. Crew Factory: 30% off w/ EXTRA30. But suits are, as almost always, excluded. And prices have skyrocketed back up to very close to their “valued at” prices. So, not the best deal.
- Yoox: Extra 25% off & free shipping on fall/winter styles. No code needed and discount is applied at checkout.
- Jack Eriwn: Their new cap toe and chelsea boots just went up for sale. Review (and *cough* giveaway *cough*) coming Monday.