Sales that deserve some attention heading into the weekend, or sometimes, a bit earlier. Might not be some massive once a year event, but still worth a look. Those are what make up these handfuls. Expect these things when necessary. Five of the better sales, one for each finger, are below, plus bonus sales if need be. Included are a few picks worth pointing out.
- SLIM Merino Wool V-Neck – $33.95
- SLIM Merino Wool Crew Neck – $33.95
- Wool Blend Unconstructed Sportcoat – $96.95
- Fabric + Leather Cardholder – $11.92
- SLIM Merino Wool Elbow Patch Sweater – $41.30
Usually when J.C.F. launches new arrivals, we have to sit on our hands a bit. They always knock 30% off the “valued at” price, but in the following weeks those new arrivals will almost always dip lower with subsequent sales & deeper discount codes. But this time? Might be worth jumping on these things now… if you’ve got one of those Gilt City extra 30% off vouchers. Prices for those picks above reflect usage of the GiltCity vouncher, which needs to be used by Sunday 8/16 anyway.
Not a crazy deal, but it’s a savings of ten bucks over what you’d normally pay for two of UNIQLO’s highly praised OCBDS. Remember that UNIQLO’s slim fits are a true slim. So if you’ve got some beef to your torso, these might be too tight. Oddly enough, they appear to have ceased making their regular fit OCBDs?
The Pick: Jared Slip On Loafer in Cognac or Black – $89.00 ($175)
Ignore that retail price of $175. These aren’t $175 shoes. But $90? For that shape? Sure. Just be careful since it is Gilt, and their return policy stinks. Any “sized” items (shoes, clothes, etc) under $199.99 are returnable for credit ONLY. But the Jared is just a tough loafer to find. Full how to wear it can be found over here.
- Havana Fit Light Grey Wool Suit – $499
- Blue Wool Overcoat – $399
- Wool/Cashmere Turtleneck – $149
- Suede Briefcase – $199
So, it’s not a “Sale”… but Suitsupply doesn’t really do those (RIP online outlet). But it’s still certainly worth a mention that Suitsupply’s new fall line just went up for pre-order. No new Napolis or York fits. Mostly Lazios and a surprisingly large amount of Havana fits. (Which have patch pockets on the jacket. Some will like that, some won’t.) And nothing really… cheap either. But, it’s Suitsupply. So the quality should be there.
- Ludlow Italian Cotton Sportcoat – $159.60 ($228)
- Wallace & Barnes Shetland Wool Cardigan – $118.50 ($158)
- Cotton Cardigan in Marled Navy – $88.50 ($118)
So. Many. Exclusions. Saw this code come through and got all excited about nabbing one of the new “legacy” blazers. Nope. That’s excluded. Their new Italian Cotton garment dyed sportcoat? Also excluded. But at least the outstanding, not rumply, but still easy to wear with jeans Italian Cotton sportcoat in “Caspian Blue” gets the cut.
The Pick: Wyatt Italian Leather Single Monk – $100.80 ($168)
Huge thanks to reader Leo for sending in the style tip on this one. A hundred bucks certainly feels like a solid deal for this shoe. Full review over here. UPDATE: Looks like only the “chestnut” option are getting the 40% off? Something weird is going on here.
Also worth a mention
- GAP: 40% off w/ HAPPY
- Lands’ End: It’s not a sale, but it does appear that Lands’ End is doing their best to maybe improve their image?
- Huckberry: They’ve got a Thorogood boots sale, featuring workboots made out of Horween Chromexcel Horsehide Leather. Not shell, which is from the rear of the horse, but still tough and should have a different characteristic than cow leather.
- Bonobs: Extra 40% off FINAL sale w/ FORTYOFF. Thanks to Guy N. for the tip!