Sales that deserve some attention heading into the weekend, or sometimes, a bit earlier. Might not be some massive once a year event, but still worth a look. Those are what make up these handfuls. Expect these things when necessary. Five of the better sales, one for each finger, are below, plus bonus sales if need be. Included are a few picks worth pointing out.
GAP: 40% off NO EXCLUSIONS w/ GAPFAM
- Slub Cotton Shawl Collar Cardigan – $29.39 ($69.50)
- 1969 Slim Fit Garment Dyed Denim – $35.97 ($59.95)
- 1969 Slim Fit Bedford 5-Pockets – $19.79 – $23.39 ($59.95)
- Twill Mac Jacket – $70.80 ($118)
- Dark Wash Denim in Slim, Straight or Standard Fit – $42 – $36
40% off certainly does happen from time to time at GAP, but it’s the no-exclusions thing that really makes this worth the mention. GAP can get a little fast and loose with their exclusions, and often don’t allow jeans to be up for promos. Not this time though. Apparently. Hopefully. Not a bad time to pick up some dark wash denim, or a transitional mac for the fall.
Jomashop: Skagen Flash Sale Event
The Pick: Skagen “Holst” Multi-Function – $84.99 ($155)
A very good price on one of the better looking, dressed up slim-watches that can be had in the low hundreds. Currently not on sale, at all, through Amazon, but is going for $85 during one of Jomashops flash sales. Price is allegedly good through 8/11. 40mm in diameter, super sleek, and a nice layout that puts the day & date on sub-dials, instead of the usual position at 3 o’clock. Full review of this particular watch can be found here.
UNIQLO: New Wool Blend Blazers are in stock
The Picks: Wool blend blazer in “Wine” or Dark Green – $99.90
Okay… it’s not a sale. But for a while there these were on the site, yet totally out of stock. Seems like they’ve got stock now, and there’s a whopping nine shades/patterns to pick from. Fabric composition seems to change depending on the color you want, but most if not all appear to be either unlined or just half-lined in the back. It is UNIQLO, so expect a chopped tail and long arms. Expect an in-person review in our annual best blazers/sportcoats of the autumn post. Meanwhile, is that model on the right hand side wearing an orange hooded windbreaker… under a sweater that’s under the blazer? That’s Ralph-Wiggum-esque.
H&M: “Stylish Summer Nights” Sale Event
- Linen Blazer – $69.99 ($129)
- Linen/Cotton Popover – $14.99 ($29.95)
- Wool Blazer – $69.99 ($129)
To put it kindly, H&Ms quality and fits can often be… lacking. But if you’ve had good luck with them, and don’t mind their sometimes shrunken silhouettes, then they’ve got a bunch of their more dressed-up warm weather items on sale. Even looks like they’ve gotten smart enough to ditch the awful, full polyester linings on most of their summer blazers.
Bespoke Post: The new “Dispatch” Box
The Pick: “Dispatch” Box Briefcase in Grey or Navy – $45.00
Forty five bucks? That ain’t half bad for the young professional looking for a super simple briefcase. The slim canvas brief measures 16″ x 11.5″ x 2″, has some pretty solid looking leather handles, and the large tooth double zipper looks mighty fine as well. The brief also comes with a set of 4 correspondence cards. Briefcases also available in Olive and Tan.
BONUS: Nordstrom: New Items Added to Sale
- Nordstrom Smartcare Check Trim Fit Dress Shirt – $38.90 ($69.50)
- Nordstrom Smartcare Herringbone Trim Fit Dress Shirt – $38.90 ($69.50)
- Bonobos Slim Fit Washed Chinos in High-Rise Grey or Infinity Blue – $58.96 ($88)
- Fossil Haywood Chronograph – $98.98 ($165)
Now that the Anniversary Sale is over and prices have gone back up on those items, now’s not a bad time to hit the regular ol’ Nordstrom Sale section to see if there’s anything new worth a shot. And there is. Here and there. Remember, everything ships & returns for free.
Also worth a mention
- Haute Look: They’ve got a Brooks Brothers event going on.
- Ledbury: Extra 30% off summer sale items w/ SALTY
- Banana Republic: Cardmembers get 30% off, no exclusions, with BRCARD
- J. Crew: 30% off sale items w/ COOLSALE.
- Touch of Modern: Armogan Spirit of St. Louis Chronos for $170 (they usually run $200). It’s a members only, flash-sale site. So you’ll have to sign up to get the deal. Hat tip to Brian F. for the tip.