Sales that deserve some attention heading into the weekend, or sometimes, a bit earlier. Might not be some massive once a year event, but still worth a look. Those are what make up these handfuls. Expect these things when necessary. Five of the better sales, one for each finger, are below, plus bonus sales if need be. Included are a few picks worth pointing out.
Banana Republic: F&F 50% off 5 Reg. Price Items w/ indiv. code
- Tailored-Fit Charcoal Italian Wool Suit Jacket & Pant – $284 ($568)
- Modern Slim Cotton/Wool/Nylon Blazer – $149 ($298)
- Wyatt Italian Leather Single Monk – $84 ($168)
- Brown Leather Briefcase – $125 ($250)
- Tailored-Fit Navy Nailhead Blazer – $99 ($198)
This assumes you got a one-time use code, and they can be somewhat difficult to come by. Also, “BR PICKS” are excluded from this deal, but everything else is fair game. But there are a lot of exclusions. Travel jeans, many of their new arrivals, and even their extra-fine merino wool sweaters aren’t up for the cut. But much of their suiting is good to go. Same with blazers. And that new “Modern Slim” (read: a true slim) cotton/wool blazer has real potential. Barely lined too. And while their suiting is fused, their Italian wool charcoal suit moves extremely well, and isn’t chopped through the tail.
Gustin: USA Made “Classic” Boot Launch
The Pick: Brown Horween Chromexcel Leather – $199.00
Gustin started as a crowd-funded jeans company, and has since expanded into other parts of rugged & classic men’s clothing and accessories. But a boot? Good for them. Seems like it must have been an enormous project. Goodyear welted, made in the USA, and they say they developed their own last with a slightly lower profile toe box. So they ditched the clunk that many more traditional work boots can have. Also available in Natural or Tan for the same price. But here’s the catch: it’s a crowdfunding campaign, so back the project… then wait. Delivery is expected in November or December. And they don’t take returns. Just exchanges if they can make it happen, or store credit. So there’s risk involved.
Jack Spade: Surplus Sale
- Grant Leather File Brief – $179 FINAL ($398)
- Dipped Leather Slim Brief – $229 FINAL ($498)
- Embossed Anchor Bill Flap Wallet – $39 FINAL ($88)
As is always the case, you’ll almost certainly have to hand over an email address and zip code to access the sale (apologies if those product links don’t work for you… you might have to go through the main site then browse). But the markdowns are solid once you’re in. That dipped leather slim brief has been on the radar forever, and now under $230, even at final sale, it might be time to jump on it.
Orient: “Capital” Quartz Watches for $79 w/ SCHOOLED ($195)
Awfully close to a quartz Bambino. Domed crystal, 40.5 mm diameter, and simple hands and indices. The capital does come with a day as well as date function, and a simplified logo at 12 o’clock. Not bad for eighty bucks, and an awfully smart dress watch for someone on a tight budget.
J. Crew: New Arrivals | 30% off Sale Items w/ GREATSALE
- Ludlow Camel Hair Sportcoat – $348
- Ludlow English Tweed Sportcoat in Navy (nice) or Charcoal – $298
- Kenton Leather Cap Toe Boots – $248
- Ludlow Peak Lapel Topcoat in Camel Wool-Cashmere – $495
- SLIM “Soft Spun” Merino Blend V – $89.50
- Ludlow Corduroy Sportcoat in “Vintage Pewter” – $198
J. Crew went bananas this week and introduced what appears to be the lion share of their fall collection. And a lot of it looks terrific. Now, if we could just get, say, a 25% off $150+ code or something in the next couple of weeks, and a lot of us would be very, very happy. But it seems like more exclusions has become the norm? How much of this won’t be up for codes in the coming month, if not more?
BONUS UNIQLO: New Topcoats have arrived
The Picks: Wool Cashmere Coat in Grey Glen Plaid or Solid Navy – $149.90
Not on sale… yet. These are an annual favorite. But be warned if you’re expecting them to keep ultra frigid temperatures at bay. That ain’t happenin’. Warmth is not their strongest suit, yet they do look great with a suit. 90% wool, 10% cashmere, with a full poly lining.
UPDATE: Well this is odd. One day they’re there, the next day they’re not. These have been pulled from the UNIQLO site as of Thursday morning? Strange.
Also worth a mention
- HauteLook: The Nordstrom owned flash-sale site has a Todd Snyder event going on.
- Bonobos: Extra 40% off FINAL sale w/ FINALE
- Allen Edmonds: Not a sale, but they’ve released a few new models for fall. And the new Cornwallis? Great Googly.
- J. Crew Factory: 30% off + Free Shipping No Min. w/ TIMETOSHOP