Sales that deserve some attention heading into the weekend, or sometimes, a bit earlier. Might not be some massive once a year event, but still worth a look. Those are what make up these handfuls. Expect these things when necessary. Five of the better sales, one for each finger, are below, plus bonus sales if need be. Included are a few picks worth pointing out.
- Thompson Unconstructed Chino Sportcoat – $138.50
- Burgundy Leather Dress Belt – $27.50
- Selvedge Jeans in Driggs (Super Slim) or Sutton (Slim) Fits – $68.50
- SLIM Plaid “Homespun” Cotton Shirts – $45.00
You guys knows how this works. J. Crew Factory (or Mercantile, whatever you want to call them now) launches a bunch of new arrivals, throws a 30% off deal out there, and then… we wait. We wait because almost certainly prices will drop further, and then codes lumped on top of that will make this new stuff a much better deal. Lots of fall-ready stuff this time, including… selvedge jeans? That’s a new one. That chino blazer looks to be perfect. Yes, it’s a basic, but a navy chino blazer that’s easy to tailor (read, non-functioning sleeve buttons) is weirdly tough to come by. Plus, it says it’s unconstructed, so fingers crossed for less-lining too.
Meanwhile: They’re clearing out their clearance items with the extra 50% off code EXTRA50. Sizes are of course, scattered, but half off clearance prices = some major steals. Many thanks to reader Ben H. for the tip!
- Londinium “Barnet” Leather Briefcase – $83.30 ($119)
- Cotton Handkerchief Variety Set – $2.79 ($3.99)
- Hawthorne Khaki Dopp Kit – $10.49 ($14.99)
Not bad for a sub $100 briefcase. It’s no Saddleback, but that oiled leather briefcase is a nice deal at $83. Full review here. Meanwhile, the GOODS30 code doesn’t appear to work on the Made in the USA “Collective” collaborations, BUT… much of the collective stuff is on sale. Much. Not all.
- Barneys New York Made in Italy Suede Apron-Toe Loafers – $119.40 ($199)
- Barneys New York Made in Italy Suede Double Monk Straps – $119.40 ($199)
- Barneys New York Made in Italy Suede Chelsea Boots – $113.40 ($189)
WARNING: All of this appears to be final sale. And that’s a tough sell when it comes to shoes. Yet all three of those picks above are made in Italy and come with a stitched sole. Not bad for the low $100s. Also, there’s more than just shoes. It is a true clearance, so sizes are all over the place. It’s a rabbit hole that you might fall down and take a bit to dig your way back out of.
- Year’rounder Wool Dress Trousers in Tailored or Traditional Fit – $62.30 ($89)
- Lighthouse Chinos in Slim or Straight Fit – $20.99 – $34.30 ($49)
- Tailored Fit Regatta Blazer – $138.60 ($198)
- Handsewn Boat Shoes – $41.99 ($89.99)
Been a while since Lands’ End got a mention. But, it’s been a while since they ran a 30% off site wide code. Sure, there are going to be a few exclusions here and there, but the code and pin drops their well-loved (and for good reason) Year-rounder merino wool dress trousers down to $62.30. And they’ll hem em’ up for you too. Lands’ End has gotten close to all but falling off the radar completely, but maybe there’s good news a comin’? Hat tip to Rick B. for passing along that PTO post.
- Ludlow in Blue-White Italian Cotton – $319.90 ($456)
- Ludlow in Italian Cotton Pique – $382.20 ($546)
- Crosby in Italian Oxford Cloth – $382.20 ($546)
One of the somewhat rare J. Crew Suiting promotions. Time’s running out to get it tailored and then wear it a few times, but if you’ve got a dressed up event coming up and no warm-weather suit for it, now might be the time to dive in. Otherwise, keep a close eye on the sale section in the coming month or two. Usually a decent amount of J. Crew seasonal suits will end up there, and then you can knock an extra 30% – 40% off depending on codes. But in the mean time, one note on that Crosby in Oxford cloth. It’s really nice. Lightweight fabric, just enough structure with a half canvas, but the back is only half lined. Plus the suit jacket looks great as a sporcoat when worn with jeans. More on the new Crosby fit can be found here.
BONUS Ledbury: Summer Sale
- Purple Starks Gingham – $65 ($125)
- Purple Windowpane Alden – $65 ($135)
- Black Parker Gingham – $45 ($145)
Many thanks to Stewart A. for sending in a style tip on Ledbury’s summer sale. Even when on sale, Ledbury’s prices can be a reach for a lot of us (much of their sale shirts are still around a hundred bucks). But man do they know how to make a shirt. The look and feel of their shirts is noticeably better than cheaper alternatives. It’s tangible. You can feel it and see it. Plus their slightly lowered second button is an enormous deal for those of us that prefer tieless.
A rare discount on their flagship (and recently redesigned) dive watch. Available in 42mm or 38mm diameters. Swiss movements, with the Autos starting at $700 with the discount, and the quartz option in the mid $300s. Automatics have a 600m water resistance and Zirconia Ceramic bezel. Not cheap, but they look and feel the part. Full review here.
Also worth a mention
- Nordstrom: Their Anniversary Sale is underway. Picks here.
- Brooks Brothers: They’ve extended their summer clearance event.
- Club Monaco: Extra 30% off Sale, 40% off Clearance w/ THESALEONSALE
- Todd Snyder: They’ve taken new reductions on many of their summer sale items. Looks like it’s all final sale though.
- Bonobos: They’ve added 200 more items to their sale section.