Sales that deserve some attention heading into the weekend, or sometimes, a bit earlier. Might not be some massive once a year event, but still worth a look. Those are what make up these handfuls. Expect these things when necessary. Five of the better sales, one for each finger, are below, plus bonus sales if need be. Included are a few picks worth pointing out.
- Unconstructed Sportcoat in Microstripe Twill – $49.99
- Linen/Cotton Horiz. Striped Sportcoat – $52.99 (just S & XS left at post time)
- Slim Bedford Pant in Chambray – $21.99
- Sutton Fit Summerweight Chino (especially in light grey) – $17.49
It’s clear the decks time in the JCF clearance section. Extra 50% off everything. Keep an eye out for final sale items though. There are a few non-returnable items in there. Lotta time left to wear the summerweight chinos & chambray pants, and that unconstructed twill sportcoat is great year-round. Review of last year’s version can be found here.
Incredible leather and made in the USA. Careful though, these seem to hold a little less than most other briefcases. Despite being 15″ wide, the interiors are only good for 13″ laptops. So know that if you’re lugging around an aircraft carrier of a computer.
How does one get early access? You have to be a Nordstrom cardholder. That’s the bad news. The good news is that along with their credit card offerings, they also do a Nordstrom “debit” card, which draws directly from your bank account. For those of us who have enough plastic in our lives, we’ll have to wait it out until the thing goes live to everyone on 7/17. Note that Allen Edmonds Strands in walnut are going for $257.90 ($398), and the more conservative Park Avenue in Brown or Black are going for the same.
- 20% Linen / 80% Silk Stripe Tie – $9.50 FINAL
- 100% Cotton “Kingsport” Stripe – $9.50 FINAL
- 100% Silk “Runaway” Stripe – $9.50 FINAL
Selection is pretty limited, but $9.50 for a tie is a pretty good steal. Stock might go fast, and keep in mind that all sales are final. No returns on these things.
- Cotton Nailhead Tailored Fit Blazer – $138.60 ($198)
- Japanese Denim Rinse Wash Slim Traveler Jean – $82.60 ($118)
- Jake Grey Suede Chukka Boot – $89.60 ($168)
You have to be a card member, but at least a BR, GAP, or Old Navy Card will work. And while it’s not really fully-lined blazer or jeans season, this is one of the few times you can pick up either since there’s no exclusions. Full review of the pretty darn amazing Traveler Jeans can be found here.
- Crosby Fit Sportcoat in Italian Tick-Weave Cotton – $119.00 ($248)
- Cotton Gingham Pocket Square – $9.75 ($24.50)
- Ticking Stripe Belt – $17.25 ($39.50)
- Marled Cotton Shawl Collar Cardigan – $44.99 FINAL ($118)
Well that’s a nice deal. Totally unlined in the back, cotton lined front, easy construction and light-color easy to wear when it’s hot. But it’s a Crosby, not a Ludlow. Which means if you’re on the lean side, you maybe be swimming in it. Yet if you’ve got some mass to your frame, with a little bit of tailoring, it could be perfect. Review + before & after shots of tailoring can be seen over here. Doesn’t appear to be final sale, but plenty of other items in the sale section are. Code SALEPERK expires today, 7/9.
Big thanks to Jason F. for sending in the style tip on this one this morning. Remember that the EXTRA30 code is good for a max of $75 off, but $75 off a Filson Original Brief doesn’t happen all that often. And they’ve got more than just the briefcases as well. WARNING: Gilt has a dreadful return policy, so know that all “non sized” items (y’know, like bags) can’t be returned.
Also worth a mention
- Bonobos: They’ve added some new items to their summer sale.
- Brooks Brothers: Their summer clearance event has launched.
- GILT: Their Ghurka event has a couple of briefcases that are tempting, plus you can knock 30% off (only up to $75 though) w/ EXTRA30
- Levi’s: Extra 40% off sale items w/ 40SUMMER. Many thanks to Jeff H. for the style tip.
- UNIONMADE: They’ve launched a 40% off Spring/Summer end of season FINAL sale. No returns on that stuff.