Sales that deserve some attention heading into the weekend, or sometimes, a bit earlier. Might not be some massive once a year event, but still worth a look. Those are what make up these handfuls. Expect these things when necessary. Five of the better sales, one for each finger, are below, plus bonus sales if need be. Included are a few picks worth pointing out.
- Solid Dry-Pique Button Down Collar Polo ‘ $12.90 ($22.90)
- Horizontal Striped Dry-Pique Button Down Collar Polo – $12.90 ($22.90)
- Checked Dry-Pique Button Down Collar Polo – $12.90 ($22.90)
- Michael Bastian Washed Short Sleeve Polo – $12.90 ($22.90)
Gonna be tough to beat that price. $14.90 is as inexpensive as these things are probably gonna get. UPDATE: Well, I stand corrected. Just overnight they dropped the price another couple of bucks, and these are now down to $12.90. Nifty. Prices are updated above. Button down collar not your thing? Don’t worry. All of their polos (aside from the new “Dry-Ex” line) are down to this price. Free shipping kicks in at $50, which is low compared to their usual thresholds. Thanks to Ryan W. for the tip on free shipping!
- Ludlow Sportcoat in Lighweight Glen Plaid Cotton – $124.60 ($178)
- Bulova “Air Warden” Watch – $139.30 ($199)
- Marled Shawl Collar Cardigan – $53.99 FINAL ($118)
Careful here. Lots of the sale section is final sale. Even stuff that was NOT final sale just yesterday. Like the Kenton Suede Tassel Loafers. Lots of options to work them into the wardrobe, a plenty nice price at $89.99… but final sale? That’s risky, especially with shoes. The “select” 30% off deal isn’t as wide spread as their usual most-of-the-site codes. It’s a much more limited selection this time around.
- Made in Italy Piped Double Monks – $221.25 ($425)
- Made in Italy Rustin Sports Jacket – $216.75 ($725)
- K-Swiss Arlington – $74.25 ($155)
WARNING: Billy Reid Sale items are only eligible for exchanges or store credit. No cash back. The “piping” on those double monks is the double stitched line that wraps around. Kinda like a very subtle long-wing look. Meanwhile, wrong season for that sports jacket, but it’s 95% merino, 5% cashmere, and kinda-sorta a work of art. Not everyone’s color/pattern style though.
The Obligatory Pick: Armogran Spirit of St. Louis Chrono (multiple color options) – $199.98
Huckberry is one of only a couple of places that carries these things (Bespoke Post recently got their hands on some too), but they’re also the only retailer to have a blue hands/strap option. The blue on blue looks good as it is, but the watch would look extra good up against a brown strap. Full review on these things can be found here.
- Made in Italy Blue Bishop Box Check Slim Sportcoat – $329.25 ($625)
- Blue Fine Twill Mid Spread + White Fine Twill Mid Spread = $232 ($290)
Those are pretty steep thresholds. For those of us who swear by Ledbury shirts, and took a pass on the last $75 for $150 gilt city voucher, seeing these prices makes us want to kick ourselves. But, at least it’s something. And that Italian made, unlined sportcoat looks amazing. Even if the button stance appears to be a bit high. Sleeve button cuffs are fully functioning. Strangely enough, the sportcoat is getting 25% off at post time? Even though the sale price is under the $500 threshold? Odd. No code needed here. Discount happens at checkout.
Nice. Sizes on just about everything are going fast, but they’ve bumped their offer up to an additional 50% off from the 40% off it was at the other day. Remember, it has to be something in the sale section with a red sale price. If it’s a blue “special” price, the code doesn’t seem to work.
Also worth a mention
- Target: They’ve added 3 new brands to their USA Made “Collective.”
- GAP: “Up to” 50% off during their summer sale
- J. Crew Factory: Extra 50% off everything (even suiting) plus an additional 20% off everything but suits w/ HOTSALE. Picks here.
- Brooks Brothers: Their semi-annual sale ends tomorrow, 7/3. Picks here.
- Lands’ End: $10 off $50, $30 off $100, $60 off $150, $100 off $250 w/ SPLENDID & 1300
- Bonobos: They’ve extended the 25% off select styles event for one more day. Use code FANTASTIC