Sales that deserve some attention heading into the weekend, or sometimes, a bit earlier. Might not be some massive once a year event, but still worth a look. Those are what make up these handfuls. Expect these things when necessary. Five of the better sales, one for each finger, are below, plus bonus sales if need be. Included are a few picks worth pointing out.
- Solid Dry-Pique Button Down Collar Polo – $17.90 ($22.90)
- Horizontal Striped Dry-Pique Button Down Collar Polo – $17.90 ($22.90)
- Checked Dry-Pique Button Down Collar Polo – $17.90 ($22.90)
Nice. Five bucks off the best in show from this year’s annual Polopalooza. Looks like all three versions have a pretty good size selection across all colors too. Free shipping kicks in at $50, so you’d have to buy three to tip that balance.
- Rustic Cotton Shawl Collar Cardigan – $88.50 ($118)
- “Caspian Blue” Ludlow Sportcoat in Italian Cotton – $171 ($228)
- Ludlow Sportcoat in Grey Fine Striped Cotton – $126 ($168)
- Crosby Fit Sportcoat in Khaki White Italian Cotton – $186 ($248)
A pretty standard sale event from J. Crew, with much of the site excluded (suits, tons of 3rd party), but it is also the first time their new shawl collar cardigan, as well as their off-white Ludlow & Crosby Blazers have gone on sale. Perfect stuff for the warm weather ahead. The cardigan is all cotton, and the textured knit does add quite a bit to the feel of the sweater. It’s not some cheap, wimpy thing. Buttons are fantastic, and the shawl hits just right. It recently showed up in the monthly most wanted. Size shown above on the cardigan is a medium on 5’10” / 185. Code & Free Shipping no minimum expires tomorrow, 6/5.
- “Locally Grown” Made in the USA T-shirts – $25.60 ($35)
- Owen & Fred Made in the USA Camo Dopp Kit – $35.20 ($45)
- BILLYKIRK Made in the USA Leather Belt – $33.99 ($39.99)
Target’s offering free shipping no minimum this week, and it looks like most (not all) of their made in the USA “Collective” collection is also on sale. $26 for a t-shirt is pretty steep, but if the made-in-the-USA factor appeals to you, and you like what Target is doing with this collection, then it might be worth the splurge. Plus, these tees are super soft and cut in a trim but not tight fit.
- Fitzgerald Fit Linen Windowpane Sport Coat – $348.60 ($498)
- Linen Cotton Cable Crewneck Sweater – $88.50 ($118)
- Cotton and Linen Rugby – $59.10 ($98.50)
- Fitzgerald Fit Navy Unlined Seersucker Sport Coat – $278.60 ($398)
It’s Brooks Brothers, so even on sale it’s not going to be the cheapest, but the quality is gonna be there on the sportcoats. That windowpane number is all linen, is only half lined (appears to be lined in cotton maybe?), and has a supersoft construction. Spendy, but could be a go-to this summer.
A favorite. Forty five bucks gets you a classic French knife, a beast of a bottle opener (but still easily fits in your hand), a potentially new-favorite go-anywhere pen, and a soft cover notebook. Not a bad combo for someone who likes to get out of dodge, disconnect, and relax with a cold beverage in hand at the end of the night. Full review here.
- Saturdays NYC ‘Grant’ Colorblock Board Shorts – $44.98 ($75)
- Naked & Famous ‘Weird Guy’ Slim Fit Selvedge Jeans – $80.98 ($135) limited sizes
- Paul Smith Saffiano Leather Card Case – $95.98 ($160)
Can I interest you in a $350 Statue of Liberty Print Sweater? No? Didn’t think so. It’s a “designer” event, so, expect the very expensive, and the very strange. But, if you’re into the bigger names, it might be worth taking for a spin. Free shipping and free returns, as is always the case with Nordstrom. Even on $350 Statue of Liberty Print Sweaters.