Sales that deserve some attention heading into the weekend, or sometimes, a bit earlier. Might not be some massive once a year event, but still worth a look. Those are what make up these handfuls. Expect these things when necessary. Five of the better sales, one for each finger, are below, plus bonus sales if need be. Included are a few picks worth pointing out.
- GAP Linen/Cotton Khaki in Slim or Straight Fit – $35.97 (above)
- Cotton Slub Shawl Cardigan – $41.97 ($69.95)
- Stripe Popover Shirt – $23.97 ($39.95)
Those linen/cotton blend “khakis” might be the best pants of the season. The straight fit has just enough room for air-flow without looking like leg kites. Terrific mix of 53% linen and 47% cotton. Quite lightweight. Meanwhile, that slub shawl collar cardigan looks a little see through (blame the slub knit), but, it’s that time of year for less bulk. Code drops to 30% off tomorrow.
- Made in Italy Single Monk Strap Cap Toe – $336 ($448)
- Made in the USA “Perforated Cap Toes” – $321 ($428)
- Fitzgerald Fit Two-Button 1818 Suit – $637.12 IF you buy two (reg. $998 per)
- Red Wing 9016 Cigar Featherstone – $262.50 ($350)
Took a spin through the sale section to see if we could double up on anything… and it’s awfully picked over. But 25% off is still 25% off, and Brooks Brothers has a tendency to let those codes get applied to even 3rd party merchandise. Like their Allen Edmonds made footware (those monks aren’t AEs though). Meanwhile, for those who are in a suit & tie every day, and bank on Brooks Brothers for that chunk of their wardrobe, their buy two for $1699 promo does nicely with the extra 25% off code. Big thanks to Eric L. for the tip!
The Pick: Woolrich Made in the USA Yankee Boot in Horween Leather – $194.98 ($300)
Huckberry launched four separate clearance events this morning; Apparel, Footwear, Gear, and Home Goods. And the Made in the USA Woolrich Yankee boot might just be the star of the whole thing. Remember these things? They’re not so ultra-cheap anymore. Anywhere. But under two hundred dollars is an extremely fair price for a boot like this. Sure, it’s not boot season. But sizes are plentiful at post time. Full review here.
- Hamilton Khaki Field Automatic 42mm – $363.51 or 38mm – $375.00
- Hamilton Valiant Automatic – $406.85
- Hamilton Jazzmaster Auto Chrono in Black – $1114.09 or Silver – $1099.00
Buying a watch online is tricky. And unless you buy from an authorized dealer, there’s some risk there. But Jomashop seems to do pretty well in terms of delivering real merchandise, and they’ve been around for a while. Just be careful when it comes to returns. Seems like these online dealers will try their best to make sure you keep it, and not send it back. These doorbuster prices do seem to be better than normal in terms of what you can find on, say, Amazon via other 3rd party sellers. Use FASTSHIP for free shipping.
- Rogue Bluncher (Dark Chili is shown above) – $219
- Strands – $229
- Warwick Single Monk – $219
- Brooks Bros. Presidio Penny – $179
- Dalton Wingtip Boots (most if not all shades) – $288.15
This is labeled as their “Memorial Day” sale. … Lil’ early isn’t it? No complaints here though. Remember, this deal applies for current styles, not closeouts. Full review of the new Warwick single monks here. Pictured above is the new big-diameter-perforations “Rogue” lace up in burnished Chili. Really, really friggin’ nice. As always, selection will vary on your size/width (and thus, no direct links in the picks above).
- Oxford Cloth Club Shorts – $24.99
- Mossimo T-Shirts – $9.99
- Merino Wool V-Neck – $13.99 w/ LASTCHANCE ($49.99)
Pretty sure these don’t stack. Gave it a test run with those $14 merino wool v-necks, and it was a no go for me. The spend $50 save $10 also doesn’t apply to their new Target Collective Made in the USA line. Damn. BUT… they might have added new colors to their oxford cloth shorts collection? MAYBE? The “Sporty Blue” are, in fact, oxford cloth. Not sure about the others, despite the description. Anyway, two pairs of their club shorts + a do-anything slim fit tee from Mossimo comes out to $49.97. And it ships free.
Also worth a mention
- UNIONMADE: They’re having a final sale blowout. Lots of well made stuff. No returns, no exchanges, and shipping is a steep $10 to the lower 48 states.
- J. Crew: 25% off a somewhat random limited selection of goods w/ SHOPNOW, plus 50% off select final sale stuff (and the club blazer is back… sizes are going fast though)
- Macy’s: 25% off $100+ w/ PRIV
- Gilt: “Marco Vittoro” shoes (says they’re “imported”) for $99 – $119
- Rossling & Co.: They just launched their new Kickstarter project to fund a 36mm watch collection.
- Allen Edmonds: From now through 5/31, they’re running their Soles4Souls campaign. Bring in a pair of gently worn shoes (doesn’t have to be Allen Edmonds) and receive $35 off a pair of new Allen Edmonds Goodyear Welted shoes.
- H&M: Free shipping on $50+ w/ 2976.
- Billy Reid: 25% off $250+ w/ SHOPSALE