Sales that deserve some attention heading into the weekend, or sometimes, a bit earlier. Might not be some massive once a year event, but still worth a look. Those are what make up these handfuls. Expect these things when necessary. Five of the better sales, one for each finger, are below, plus bonus sales if need be. Included are a few picks worth pointing out.
J. Crew: 25% off Select Summer Items & 30% off Sale w/ SALENEWS
- Crosby Fit Suit Jacket & Pant in Italian Cotton Pique – $409.50 ($546)
- Ludlow Fit Suit Jacket & Pant in Herringbone Italian Linen Silk – $487.50 ($650)
- Crosby Fit Suit Jacket & Pant in Italian Oxford Cloth – $409.50 ($546)
- Crosby Fit Suit Jacket & Pant in Italian Chino – $342 ($456)
- Short Sleeve Popover Shirt in Vintage Oxford Cloth – $44.62 ($64.50)
The 25% off Select “Summer Ready Items” Sale is an awfully quiet one, and it includes a few items that are almost always excluded from codes. Like a few new summer fabric Crosby Fit suits (more on the Crosby here), as well as a couple of slimmer Ludlow suits as well. That blue pique suit is gonna be pretty versatile too. Code SALENEWS runs through Sunday.
Banana Republic: “Extra Love on Select Styles”
- Julian Suede Chukkas – $98 ($168)
- Joshua Suede Monk Straps – $78 ($128)
- Heritage Military Blazer – $150 ($250)
“Extra Love?” That’s pretty general. But the bottom line is that while it’s a limited selection, there are a few pieces that are getting a hefty discount, that otherwise would probably be subject to the”BR Picks” exclusion. For those that miss their boots once we hit summer, the suede Chukkas shown above might be just the ticket. Much more refined than a Clarks Desert Boot, but not so expensive that you won’t be afraid to put them through their paces.
Bonobos: Extra 20% off Spring Sale Styles w/ SPRING20
- Yorkshire Merino V-Neck (multiple colors) – $30.40 ($98)
- Daily Grind Dress Shirt in Aqua Gingham – $54.40 ($98)
- Halifax Wool/Linen Crew – $78.40 ($128)
- Rhodes Collar OCBD in Mint – $38.40 ($78)
Big thanks to Jim K. for the tip on this one. Sizes, fits, and colors seem pretty scattered, but there are a few items that have some good stock left over. SPRING20 is set to expire today, 5/28, at 11:59pm PT.
UNIQLO: Michael Bastian & OCBDS on Sale
- Michael Bastian Striped Polos – $17.90 ($22.90)
- Michael Bastian Button Down Collar Polos- $17.90 ($22.90)
- Slim Fit OCBD – $19.90 ($29.90)
Not a massive discount on the MB stuff, but five bucks is still five bucks. Meanwhile, the usual ten-dollar discount has been applied to their slim fit OCBDS. And they are a true slim fit.
Todd Snyder Spring Sale
- Cole Haan + Todd Snyder Goodyear Welted Wingtip in Tan or “Ironstone” – $189 ($248)
- Willet Camp Moc in Brown or British Tan – $189 ($268)
- White Pocket Henley – $34 FINAL SALE ($85)
Lots of stuff in the sale section appears to be final sale, but the new collaboration with Cole Haan does not appear to be final sale? Pretty slick looking loafers for summer, and those suede wingtips are Goodyear Welted. Meanwhile, if you’re the type who likes well made, vintage-like athletic wear, then the Todd Snyder + Champion collection is worth a look.
BONUS Amazon: 20% off select “Contemporary & Designer” w/ TAKE20OFF
The Pick: Original Penguin Earl Polo – $31.62 – $47.20 ($59)
Still not cheap, but, that’s The Earl for you. Nice and trim fit (and all cotton, so be careful with it in the dryer). Great retro details. Slightly shortened placket and collar points compared to the original, which is a nice improvement. Gives it a much more balanced look from the sternum up. Remember, this is Amazon, so their interpretation of “designer” and “contemporary” might be different than yours.
Also worth a mention
- Nordstrom: Their half-yearly sale runs through this weekend. Picks here.
- Brooks Brothers: Their Spring Sale has a couple of Fitzgerald Fit blazers on sale. A linen cotton blend and the unlined seersucker are particularly tempting.
- J. Crew Factory: “Up to 60% off Everything” (okay…) + extra 15% off w/ EXTRA15
- GILT: They’ve got a Jack Spade Accessories sale going on.