Sales that deserve some attention heading into the weekend, or sometimes, a bit earlier. Might not be some massive once a year event, but still worth a look. Those are what make up these handfuls. Expect these things when necessary. Five of the better sales, one for each finger, are below, plus bonus sales if need be. Included are a few picks worth pointing out.
- Merona Tailored Fit Dress Shirt – $22.49 ($29.99)
- Merona Chambray Club Jacket – $29.99 ($39.99)
- Merona Striped Seersucker Shirt – $18.74 ($24.99)
- The Excellent Basic: Mossimo Crew Neck Tees – $7.49 ($9.99)
Couple of things to note here… that Tailored Fit dress shirt is a new arrival, but sports the same 60% cotton / 40% poly makeup of the old “ultimate” dress shirts. These are trimmer in fit though, as the Ultimate Dress shirts ran more classic. Haven’t seen these yet in person. Meanwhile, there are some complaints about a fabric switch for the Mossimo Crew Neck Tees in the review section. Can’t say I’ve seen that personally, and just bought a few of the marled tees not that long ago (symphony blue / ebony heather). If memory serves, sometimes the solid colors can be 100% cotton, and that might be confusing some? Note that there are exclusions to this sale, and while the new Target “Collective” collection is on sale, most of it is NOT 25% off.
- Thompson Fit Slub Linen Jacket & Matching Suit Pant – $208 ($306)
- Thompson Fit Seersucker (striped or navy) Suit Jacket & Matching Pant – $172.20 ($246)
- Thompson Fit Voyager Suit Jacket & Matching Slim or Reg. Pant – $284.20 ($406)
It’s not that great of a deal for non-suiting (the “sale” prices on other goods have risen back up to almost the “valued at” price), but since suiting is usally excluded, now might be the time to consider picking up one of their Thompson fits. The “slub” linen suit jacket is made up from 58% linen / 42% cotton, is oddly soft, and moves way better than any fused jacket should. Does just fine on its own as a blazer. Are these as low as they’ve gone for in the past? No. But codes that are applicable to suiting are pretty infrequent, so, depends on when you need it. Code ADDITUP expires on Sunday.
- Brooks 5th Ave. in Walnut – $159.00
- Brooks Neumok in Snuff Suede – $159.00
Looks like Allen Edmonds has dumped their Factory 2nds made for Brooks Brothers onto their shoebank site. Sizes + selection are extremely scattered, but there’s more than a few 5th Ave’s in walnut in different sizes. Same goes for the Neumok in snuff suede. A quick spin through different sizes found Strands in black, Park Ave.’s in brown, and a bunch of other wheelhouse models at $159. Just depends on your size and width. More on the factory 2nds game here. Enormous hat tip to JBarwick on threads for pointing this one out, and Steve H. for sending in a style tip as well.
- Italian 51% Cotton/ 49% Linen Fabric Blazer – $99.99 ($230)
- Coated Navy Jacket – $79.99 ($198)
- Kentfield Slim Gray Cotton Pant – $29.99 ($79.50)
- Textured Shawl-Collar Pullover – $39.49 ($98.50)
It’s pretty rare for a BR Blazer (even if they’re lined and have functional button cuffs) to dip into double digits. But the peak lapel, ticket-pocket, Italian Cotton/Linen blend blazer has done just that. Again, watch out for those functional butons. Fingers crossed they hit your arms just right. This is also going on in-store, so it might be worth swinging in to a brick and mortar between now and the end of the weekend. Code expires 4/26.
UNIQLO: Select Polos 2 for $39.90 (reg. 24.90 each)
The obvious, obligatory pick: Button Down Collar Dry Fabric Polo – $39.90 for two
Plenty of Michael Bastian styles are getting this cut as well. Also in their weekly promotion section: select dress shirts are $25. Normally they go for $29.90. More on their broadcloth dress shirts here. If you’re stocking up, you can take $15 off $125 w/ SPRINGSTYLES.
Also worth a mention
- Brooks Brothers: For Cardholders, their 25% off event (yes, gotta use that Brooks Brothers card) is running through 4/27.
- J. Crew: Their 30% off select items code TIMETOSHOP is still running. Picks here.
- HauteLook: They launched a Bonobos event yesterday, but stuff has gone pretty quick.
- Sak’s: 30% off w/ FRNFAM, but the list of exclusions is ridiculously long.