Sales that deserve some attention heading into the weekend, or sometimes, a bit earlier. Might not be some massive once a year event, but still worth a look. Those are what make up these handfuls. Expect these things when necessary. Five of the better sales, one for each finger, are below, plus bonus sales if need be. Included are a few picks worth pointing out.
- Navy Textured Slim Fit Wool Blazer w/ Ticket Pocket – $259 ($300)
- Sky Twill Check Slim Fit Shirt – $29.50
- Goodyear welted Suede Cap Toe Oxfords – $179 ($199)
Seems like this one is a big “select items” sale. It’s not one of their across-the-board $29.90 shirt sales. Some shirts are on sale, others are not. So, some hunting around will have to be done. But it’s more than just shirts. Their slim fit wool blazer is lined in viscose and comes with a slick looking ticket pocket. Meanwhile, those suede oxfords (true oxfords no less) are an awfully nice price for having a goodyear-welt. More on what’s worth it, and what’s not-so-worth-it, at Charles Tyrwhitt over here. Free shipping kicks in at $50 w/ SHIPSALE. UPDATE: Looks like CT is doing one of their hidden $29 shirt sales in partnership with the NY Post? Thanks to Matt H. for the tip.
- Reg. Fit OCBD – $15.00 ($29.90)
- Slim fit OCBD in Stripe – $15.00 ($29.90)
- Broadcloth Dot Print Shirt – $15.00 ($29.90)
Whoa. Fifteen? Usually it’s a ten dollar cut (from $29.90 to $19.90). Their slim fit OCBDs are all but sold out, but it’s not like their reg. fit OCBDs are enormous or anything. Meanwhile, if you’re spending a lot (for UNIQLO) you can knock $20 off $150 w/ APRILSHOWERS.
- Bond Peacoat – $556 ($695)
- Single Monk Strap – $316 ($395)
- Crosby Suede Cap Toe – $159.20 ($395)
- Perry Suede Cap Toe – $199 ($425)
REMEMBER… sale items can only be returned for store credit or exchange. Hat tip to Alec G. for sending in the style tip on this one. The Bond Peacoat (in regular colors, like navy & black) can be a bit tough to find on sale. Still a major investment at half a grand, and out of season. Meanwhile, those monk straps say “cordovan leather”, yet the color is black. In the past, Billy Reid has mislabeled cordovan colored shoes as “cordovan”, even though they were calfskin. Still not sure here. If some of us (hi!) hadn’t already promised our first born for a pair of Allen Edmonds Warwicks (c’mon Anniversary Sale!) then… maybe.
- Brady Belgian Tassel Loafer – $139.96 ($298)
- Brady Belgian Tassel Loafer in Milkshake Suede – $125.96 ($298)
- Suede Driving Gloves – $55.96 ($118)
- Whitman Money Clip – $13.96 ($38)
- Giraldo Double Monk – $111.96 ($248)
- Grant Suede Escape Driver – $34.96 ($108)
- Madison Plain Oxford – $132.96 ($248)
Is the Nike Owned Cole Haan often poo-poo’d by menswear snobs? Yes! Is that sometimes unfair? Yes! Look, their retail prices can be a little steep. And they crank out some weird stuff. But they absolutely have some hits from time to time. Still, sticking to the sale section with the above picks, so the extra 30% off can stack on items that have already been discounted. Picks (the bullet points) start at the top left and run clockwise after that.
15% – 30% off select styles. Runs through Monday the 27th, so, you got time to hem and haw over whether or not to pick up a new pair of shoes. The McAllister wingtip oxfords in Merlot AND with a V-tread sole have a lot going for them. The merlot shade isn’t too red, but still stands out next to a basic dark brown. And that v-tread sole is nice and slim, while still providing some traction.
UPDATE: Looks like the Shoebank (home of Factory 2nds) has launched their Anniversary Sale discounts. Seconds quality Strands are down to $219. Same goes for Park Ave. Hat tip to drocpsu on threads for the catch.
The Pick: Italian 51% Cotton/ 49% Linen Fabric Blazer – $150 ($230)
Not the best sale (combining “select items” with “up to” a certain % off isn’t usually a good sign). But there IS one item that stands out, and it’s the peak lapel linen-cotton blazer, now down to $150 from $230. Sleeve buttons ARE functional on this one, but if the arms hit you right, it could be a great pick-up. Hardly ever on sale, being that BR always excludes blazers (and suit jackets, and “BR Picks”) from codes. The back & sleeves are lined in 100% poly, with the front being lined in an acetate/poly mix. So, not the breeziest thing, but still pretty good looking, if you can get those sleeves to hit right.
- Red Wing 9016 in Cigar Featherstone – $250 ($350)
- Made in the USA Suede Crepe Soul Boots – $348 ($548)
At post time it appears there are limited exclusions on this one (the boots above were tested out, and the code was workin’ on them). Pretty sure those suede boots are made for Brooks Brothers by Alden? Maybe? Yes, that’s a high spend threshold, but it’s also a massive discount for Brooks Brothers. Many thanks to Jacob for sending in the tip!
Also worth a mention
- J. Crew: 25% off items marked with SHOPNOW. Suiting is out as usual.
- J. Crew Factory: 40% – 50% off shirts. Prices are as marked.
- LastCall: Extra 40% off one item w/ TAKE40.
- Gilt: They’re running a shoe sale featuring their “Millburn Co.” line. No experience with that line, but their Wall + Water shoes are pretty darn good. Check that Gilt return policy though. It stinks.
- EXPRESS: Semi-Annual Sale + an extra 20% off clearance.
- Brooks Brothers: