Sales that deserve some attention heading into the weekend, or sometimes, a bit earlier. Might not be some massive once a year event, but still worth a look. Those are what make up these handfuls. Expect these things when necessary. Five of the better sales, one for each finger, are below, plus bonus sales if need be. Included are a few picks worth pointing out.
J. Crew Factory: 30% off New Arrivals
- “Voyager” Suit Jacket & Pant – $305 ($436)
- Thompson Sportcoat in Herringbone Linen Cotton – $131.50 ($188)
- Pindot Chambray Short – $41.50 ($59.50)
Here’s the thing… J. Crew Factory will release new items and always mark them down once they hit their site. But the deals usually (read: almost always) get better if you let those new items sit and marinate for a bit. $305 is steep for a Thompson. They usually run mid to high $200s. Shorts for $40 is a stretch. So, might want to hang out for a bit here. Meanwhile, they’ve added a couple of new options to their suiting line up. Voyager? So, that’s what J. Crew Factory is calling their version of J. Crew’s “Traveler” suit? Description says these are wrinkle resistant as well. Wonder how they’ll compare to their standard worsted suit separates?
Twice secondhand clothing: Men’s Shop Opens
Interesting. Most of you guys speak fluent eBay, so this probably won’t apply to you. But this website “Twice” attempts to cut through the noise of eBay, and offer brands that are in the Dappered wheelhouse, all while offering returns as long as you pick up the $4.95 return shipping fee (of course, some eBay sellers offer returns too). They also offer precise measurements, and much better photography than many eBay sellers. Another resource for those who like to thrift/ebay/hit 2nd hand stores, or, are on the lookout for a discontinued item you didn’t get while it was still being sold by the brand who made it.
Macy’s: Extra 25% off select $100+ w/ JANMEN
The Pick: Allen Edmonds Walnut Strands – $288.75 ($385)
There are an immense amount of exclusions with this one, but it looks like the code JANMEN does in fact work on Strands, and at post time they appear to have a good amount of stock. Painting above via BenMadeska.com.
Club Monaco: 25% off Select Styles w/ WEARITNOW
- Italian Made Border Stripe Scarf in Grey or Blue – $52.12 ($69.50)
- Birdseye Blended Wool V-Neck Sweater – $104.25 ($139.50)
- Quilted Shawl Collar Cardigan – $97.12 ($129.50)
Good gravy. Even with 25% off most of what Club Monaco has in this select items sale is going to be too steep. Might want to hang out for a lot of these cold weather items to drift into the sale section, and then apply an extra % off code?
Allen Edmonds: New Additions to Winter Clearance
- Bleecker Street in Burnished Brown – $297.00 ($395)
- Bleecker Street in Black – $297.00 ($395)
- Bleecker Street in Bourbon – $297.00 ($395)
- Bleecker Street in Bob’s Chili – $297.00 ($395)
Yep. Big fan of the Bleecker Street. The open lacing + chukka style is casual enough for jeans, but they’re still sleek and dressy enough to wear with a suit. Wore the hell out of the burnished brown (shown above) for a recent long weekend in Las Vegas, and they held up great. V-tread sole is a plus too. Built around the popular 65 last, which is the same last the Strand & Park/5th Ave. comes in. NOTE: Shoebank.com is also saying they’ve got some new reductions to clearance. Bleeckers are $247, and the more casual leaning single monk Norwich is $197. For more on the ordering process for Factory 2nds from Allen Edmonds, head here.
BONUS Christopher Ward Releases New Tridents
Warning. These things are NOT cheap. Automatic movement options start… at $825 (yikes). With this revamp, they’ve upped the water resistance to 600m, made the unidirectional bezel out of a zirconia ceramic, and swapped out the circular indices for slimmer SuperLuminova SLN T C1 filled slices. 42mm or 38mm options available. Perhaps stand by for an in person review… and giveaway? Eh?
Also worth a mention
- Banana Republic: Extra 50% off Sale items w/ BREXTRA. But know that this is a true clearance and sizes are all over the friggin’ place.
- J. Crew: Extra 40% off Sale items, with some an extra 50% off, w/ ENDOFSEASON.
- GAP: 35% off w/ BEST
- Bonobos: Tiered final sale codes: 20% of $75 w/ SKI20, 30% off $125 w/ SKI30, 40% off $175+ w/ SKI40. Good on final sale items only.
- Lands’ End: 30% off one reg. priced item + 25% off sale w/ WINTER & 9334