Sales that deserve some attention heading into the weekend, or sometimes, a bit earlier. Might not be some massive once a year event, but still worth a look. Those are what make up these handfuls. Expect these things when necessary. Five of the better sales, one for each finger, are below, plus bonus sales if need be. Included are a few picks worth pointing out.
- Straight Fit – $35.99 or Slim Fit Italian Wool Blend Flannel Pant – $41.99 w/ EXTRA ($79.99)
- Straight Fit Herringbone Italian Wool Blend Pant – $41.99 w/ EXTRA ($79.99)
- Toggle Double-Stripe Shawl Cardigan – $68.60 w/ HAPPY ($98)
- Half Shawl Marled Sweater – $38.46 w/ HAPPY ($54.95)
Gap’s been on a nice run lately, and their Italian Wool blend (40% wool) trousers in either straight fit or slim fit is a good sign that they’re getting back to workable staples that aren’t too boring. Nice fabric on those and perfect for an office work environment. Size shown above is a 32×30 in the straight fit. Two codes here, EXTRA works on sale items, with HAPPY being a not amazing, but not terrible 30% off full price stuff.
- Slim Fit Corduroy Jacket – $39.90 ($69.90)
- Extra Fine Merino V-Neck, Crew Neck , or Turtleneck – $19.90 ($39.90)
- Heavy Gauge Shawl Collar Cardigan – $29.90 ($49.90)
Lot of the same deals that were going on during the big after-xmas push, but still worth a note here. What to do with a black cord blazer? Wear it with jeans and some not too dressed up black leather shoes (chelsea boots?) and you’ve got a decent date night outfit. And a shirt. Wear a shirt. Don’t want to go shirtless under a jacket. That’s ballsy but… don’t. Meanwhile, it’s official on UNIQLO’s extra fine merino wool sweaters. After years of hanging this website’s hat on the J. Crew Factory Slim Merino Wool sweaters, the #1 sweater in the arsenal has to now move to UNIQO. Yeah, they’re on the thin side, but man do they fit and wear great.
- Warwick Lambswool Full Zip Cardigan – $94.80 FINAL ($228)
- Travel Jeans in Bangor Moss or Allegheny Oak – $46.80 FINAL ($98)
- Washed Chino Blazer in Navy or Grey – $58.80 FINAL ($198)
- The Banff Wool Tweed Quilted Jacket – $154.80 FINAL ($328)
- Cashsmere Striped Scarf – $48 FINAL ($160)
Scout’s honor that code is a surprise and un-requested, but it’s apparently working for an extra 40% off their sale section. A warning: it’s all final sale now. No returns. But there’s been quite a few new additions to their sale section since last check. Like the awesome (and awesomely expensive at full retail) waffle stitch “Warwick” cardigan. Now under a hundred bucks at $94.80. Lots of cheaper options too, like their washed cotton blazers for a Target-like price of $58.80. Remember, it’s all final sale. Code allegedly runs through Monday.
- Ludlow Shawl Collar Sportcoat in Hudson Navy Velvet – $143.99 ($328)
- SLIM Rustic Merino Wool Elbow Patch V – $47.99 FINAL ($89.50)
OF COURSE. Now that New Year’s has passed, the velvet shawl collar goes on major huge wince-worthy “when am I going to wear it NOW?!?” sale. Well, there’s always Valentine’s day. Or hell, just wear it out one crap-tastic evening in late January/early February for the hell of it. Ensconced Jerry. Ensconced! (Along with their sale section, there’s a selection of “wear now styles” getting this 40% off cut… but selection is super limited there.)
It’s a real clearance, so sizes can be scattered, but there’s a few basics worth considering. Like their mighty-fine Merino wool v-neck sweaters. Thicker and warmer than UNIQLO, but still slim, streamlined, and anything but bulky. Wrong season for that deconstructed blazer, but it’s super lightweight, half lined (if memory serves) and a perfect spring & summer jacket.
Also worth a mention
- Brooks Brothers: Their Winter Clearance is underway, but sizes are extremely scattered
- Club Monaco: 25% off Select Winter Styles w/ TAKE25
- J. Crew Factory: Extra 30% off clearance items w/ SALETIME
- Allen Edmonds: Their after holiday sale & clearance is still going
- Billy Reid: New additions to their Winter Sale, but know that Billy Reid sale items can only be returned for exchange or store credit.