The Thur/Fri Handfuls are great, but what if Monday rolls around and there are a few sales that can’t wait til the weekend? You’ll find three of the best (one for each leg), with a few picks from each, to start the week below. Expect these with zero regularity. Note: The Sales Tripod’s mascot is Captain Cookster, the three legged tabby seen above. Proving that yet again, in the most unlikely ways, cats continue to dominate the internet.
- Navy Velvet Peak Lapel Blazer – $124 ($248)
- Brown Suede Boots – $69 ($138)
- Merino Wool V-Neck – $34.95 ($69.90)
No tiered games to play here, just a flat half off across the board. The free shipping won’t get your order to you in time for Christmas, but that navy peak lapel velvet blazer might do just fine for new year’s (still check shipping times, you never know with the holiday rush). Yeah, it’s loud. But velvet’s gonna velvet. Expect an in-person with those suede boots at some point. Nice price on their flagship, logo-free sweater. Tons of colors and sizes to pick from.
- Blackwatch Tuxedo Jacket & Pant – $493.50 ($1096)
- Forrest Plaid Darrow Briefcase – $149.95 FINAL ($398)
- Norton 2-Eye Swiss Quartz Chrono – $194.25 ($428)
- Anchor Embossed Bill Flap Card Case – $44.25 ($88)
- Stillwell 38mm Day/Date Watch – $119.25 FINAL ($328)
- Kelley Stripe Cashmere Scarf – $81.75 FINAL ($228)
- Reed Oxblood Leather Money Clip – $21.75 ($68)
So that tux. Quite the investment. But if you’ve got something big planned for New Year’s, and want to acquire something that’ll stand out but not shout up a storm, it might be worth a look. Looks like their watch collection, which was absurdly priced at full retail, has finally come back down to earth. Swiss Quartz + Sapphire Crystals. Shades of the Shinola watch collection in some of those designs. 38mm for most too, which will please many who don’t like the larger-watch trend.
- Thompson FLANNEL Suit Jacket + Pant = $232.98 FINAL
- Thompson Worsted Wool Suit Jacket + Pant = $256 – $276
- Thompson Chino Jacket – $74.99 FINAL
- Slim Washed Tartan Shirt – $13.99 w/ EXTRA30
- Lambswool Colorblock Sweater – $23.79 w/ EXTRA30
Pick a blue jacket… any blue jacket. The navy flannel addition to their Thompson Suiting lineup was a hugely tempting piece. And now that winter has (technically) just gotten underway, that thing might be just the ticket to keep the bone shattering cold out between now and mid march. Also available in charcoal. Disappointing that it’s excluded from the extra 30% off clearance code. Low $200s used to be the target price, but mid $200s for that suit seems more than fair. Same goes for the more versatile, year round worsted wool options. Full review on those here. Watch out for final sale items. They’re all over the place.
Also worth a mention on a Monday
- J. Crew: Same sale (40% off sale items, 30% off most full price but with tons of exclusions like suiting, most shoes, their velvet blazers, etc…), different code. This time it’s HOLIDAYTIME.
- Haberdash: Extra 25% off sale items w/ SALE25. Remember, sale items can only be returned for an exchange or store credit. But that discount does drop the Wolverine 1000 Mile Centennial Bison to the mid $200s.
- Mr. Porter: Their Winter Sale has launched. Lotta expensive stuff, even with the sale prices.
- Club Monaco: 30% off Sale items / 50% off Clearance w/ HOLIDAYS
- Massimo Dutti: Their winter sale has launched. Stock is awfully low though.