Sales that deserve some attention heading into the weekend, or sometimes, a bit earlier. Might not be some massive once a year event, but still worth a look. Those are what make up these handfuls. Expect these things when necessary. Five of the better sales, one for each finger, are below, plus bonus sales if need be. Included are a few picks worth pointing out.
J. Crew: 30% off Select Full Price / Sale Items w/ GIVETHIS
- Ludlow Sportcoat in Heathered English Wool – $160.99 ($328)
- Ludlow Elbow-Patch Sportcoat in English Wool – $215.60 ($328)
- Ludlow Italian Flannel Blazer – $215.60 ($328)
- SLIM Rustic Merino Elbow Patch Cardigan – $62.99 ($118)
- Lambswool Sweater in Varsity Colorblock – $41.30 ($75)
Star of this show is the batch of cold weather sportcoats that they just dumped in the sale section. Take an extra 30% off, and they get down to a certainly nice price level. That heathered sportcoat for $161? Excellent. And word is the English Wool they used this year isn’t as blanket thick as the stuff was last year. Partially lined too. The Elbow Patch sportcoat doesn’t get as big of a cut, but it’s still a welcome discount. And then there’s that not-so-navy, yet not so electric blue (as it appears on their website), more true blue Italian Flannel option. It’s awesome. Free shipping, no minimum as well through Monday 12/15. Selection on the “full priced styles” is the same as it has been for previous promos in recent weeks. No suiting. No velvet blazers. Damn.
- Made in the USA Woolrich Atlas Throw in Green, Navy, or Black – $44.00 ($58)
- Herschel Supply Co. Cotton Canvas Indigo “Novel” Duffel – $96 ($120)
There is a direct correlation between the quality of blanket under which cuddlin’ begins, and the quick escalation from cuddlin’ to further activities that require less clothing. That’s a lie of course, but it sounds good, doesn’t it?
The Pick: The Filson Original Briefcase in Navy – $198.40 ($248)
No code needed here, and 5% of all sales during this promo will be donated to their Golden Fleece Foundation. Not a bad time to take a look at their Filson goods. Those were excluded from their recent 40% off one-day sale. Offer expires today.
- Emerson Vintage Straight-Fit Chino – $35 ($69.50)
- Aiden Slim-Fit Chino – $35 ($69.50)
- Extra-Fine Merino Wool Vee Pullover – $35 ($69.50)
- Merino Wool Blend Crew Neck – $35 ($69.50)
- Extra-Fine Merino Wool Turtleneck – $35 ($69.50)
This is a new one. Can’t recall Banana Republic ever picking and choosing some of their more popular basics, then slashing their prices by up to half off. Pretty sure the Emerson & Aiden chinos get excluded from promos from time to time too. Not here.
The Pick: Franciscan Single Monks in Dark Chili, Walnut, or Black for $199
NOTE: Those Franciscan’s seen here ^ are NOT “Dark Chili.” They’re Merlot. But they were sourced from the Shoebank months ago, and couldn’t be happier with em’. Dark chili seems to lean more reddish/orange than reddish/brown/purple. Franciscans, and other shoes built on the 333 last, seem to run maybe half a size big. Looks like these things are coming with a v-tread tap sole, which is nice if you live in a wet climate. More on how the shoebank process works over here.
The pick: The Helgray Silverstone Racing Chrono – $249 (est. delivery = June)
Funding style-stuff on Kickstarter is ANYTHING but risk free. Frankly, there’s a big chunk of us who flat out DO NOT WANT with kickstarter, no matter how attractive the project. But this one is awfully attractive. Also, this one is from the same dudes who did the Rossling & Co watch project. They’ve since funded an automatic Rossling & Co. watch project, fully funded a previous “Helgray” watch, and this racing chrono project is already over $100K. Just… be careful. Kickstarter projects, even when launched by those who have a good solid track history with the platform, can go sideways in a hurry. And $249 is no small investment.
Also worth a mention
- Bonobos: 25% off $150+ or 30% off $250+ w/ BRIGHTLIGHTS
- Jack Spade: 20% off $150, 25% off 250, 30% off $350 w/ WARMUP
- UNIQLO: Free shipping on all orders plus $20 off $150 w/ GIFT20
- Club Monaco: 30% off Sale + 40% off Clearance w/ SALEONSALE. And they’ve got a few models of Grenson shoes lurking in that sale section as well.
- Lands’ End: 30% off reg. price + free shipping on all orders w/ BEST and 1240.
- Huckberry: 11% off site wide. An unusually hefty site wide deal from the Huckberry guys. Expires today, 12/11.
- Ledbury: 25% off site wide in celebration of their 5th anniversary.