No Handful this week. Thursday is New Year’s. But there are plenty of after-Christmas sales worth a mention. Some of which started last week, some of which really got ramped up today. For those that are starting their annual no-spend January resolution in a few days? Consider this your last chance. ENABLER! Kidding of course. Don’t forget that many have holiday shopping credit card bills on the way. So before you swoop in on any of these clearances and spend more than you should? Might want to have a look at this. Have a happy New Year fellas. (Top Photo A. Grover)
- Thompson FLANNEL Suit Jacket + Pant = $139.78 FINAL
- Donegal Wool/Nylon Shawl Collar Cardigan – $23.39 FINAL ($48.99)
- Thompson Elbow Patch Tweed Sportcoat – $65.49 ($108.99)
- Sutton Slim Fit Cords – $19.19 FINAL ($31.99)
‘kay. They’re not messing around anymore. Looks like the restriction on using a code on Thompson suiting in the clearance section has been lifted, and the extra % off clearance codes are now working on their suits. That means their flannel suits (in navy or grey) are down to a stupid cheap price of $140. No returns though. This is a true clearance. They don’t want to see this stuff again. Most of it is final sale, so tread carefully.
- Extra Fine Merino V-Neck, Crew Neck , or Turtleneck – $19.90 ($39.90)
- Cashmere V-Neck, Crew Neck, or Turtleneck – $59.90 ($89.90)
- Heavy Gauge Shawl Collar Cardigan – $29.90 ($49.90)
Some of the better prices UNIQLO has let loose in a while. Has a bit of a clearance feel to it, so sizes and colors are scattered about. But twenty bucks for one of their extra fine merino sweaters is a spectacular price. They fit very nice through the sides (think J. Crew Factory SLIM silhouette), but know that the fabric is real thin. Not wimpy or papery feeling, just… light. Very light. Great for layering, but not for solid warmth. Size shown above is a medium on 5’10”, 185.
- Tailored Fit Grey Micro-Check Cotton Blazer – $107.49 ($225)
- Tailored Slim Fit Flannel Dress Pant – $49.99 ($120)
- Quilted Leather Gloves – $27.49 ($89.50)
- Extra-Fine Merino Wool V-Neck – $25.99 ($69.50)
Sizes are all over the place on most of this stuff in their sale section, but there are a few items that have some common sizes left. Like that Tailored Fit Micro-Check blazer with the ticket pocket. When originally posted to their site, they put up a picture of another blazer on accident (it was actually a light grey peak lapel suit jacket). People got pissed, left bad reviews, and the thing never sold. Now it’s half off.
Interesting. Don’t recall them marking down their C60 and C61 Tridents like that before. Plus, there’s the “nearly new” markdowns to browse. The Trident C60, with it’s 42mm diameter, is going to hit the sweet spot for those who don’t like oversized watches, yet feel like wearing something in the 30s is too small on their wrist. Really nice craftsmanship too.
- Made in the USA Suede Boots – $411 ($548)
- Regent Fit Plaid Sportcoat – $249 ($498)
- 3 for $189 Dress Shirts ($63 per, normally $92 – $120)
- Medallion Perforated Cap Toes (made by Allen Edmonds) – $291 ($388)
First, the bad news: It was an extra 15% off on Friday and Saturday. But the good news is that you probably spent that time with family and friends instead of poking around on the internet looking to save a few bucks. … right? Maybe? Also, those suede boots are insanely pricey, but pretty sure they’re made by Alden? They look pretty much identical to the suede boots Alden made for J. Crew last year.
Both of these are just freaky enough. But the Weybridge, in particular, doesn’t really stand out as that odd in person. Sure the perforated sweep up along the side of the smooth leather is nontraditional, but it really does work. Conservative color helps anchor the look. A lot of shoe for just under two hundred bucks.
- Made in the USA French Corders in Burgundy, Grey, Forest Green or Graphite – $68.60 FINAL ($128)
- Washed Chino Blazer in Grey – $68.60 FINAL ($198)
- Nottingham Wool Blazer in Grey or Charcoal – $208.60 FINAL ($398)
Looks like their sale section has now gone to “final” sale territory. At least, that appears to be the case if you look in the upper left hand corner of their sale page. Extra 30% off code VIPSALE seems to be a quiet one. Expect a more public code tomorrow perhaps?
Free shipping kicks in at $50 and returns are free. Zara is one of those retailers that almost has too much (or, does very much in fact have too much for some of us)… So head on over that way at your own risk. It can be a bit of a time-suck.
- Kenton Plain Toe Boots in Black Leather – $131.99 ($268)
- Suede Kenton Pacer Boots – $113.99 ($248)
- SLIM Rustic Merino Elbow Patch Sweater – $53.99 ($128)
- Wide Rib Cashmere Hat – $47.99 ($98)
- SLIM Rustic Merino Cable Elbow Patch Sweater – $47.99 ($98)
- Wallace & Barnes Shetland Wool Fisherman’s Sweater – $59.99 ($118)
Those Kenton boots have a Goodyear welt construction, but most of em’ have that salmon-paste colored sole. Not so on the black pair with the plain toe. Now, if the suede cap toe boots could just go on sale… Finger’s crossed for that to come true. Lots of sweaters in the sale section to pick from, and there’s plenty of sweater weather left. Code runs clear through January 7th, so might be worth a revisit to see if anything new gets dumped in the sale section mid-promo.
UPDATE: Looks like they added the brown leather version of the Kenton plain toes, as well as the apron toe leather Pacer boots. Brown versions appear to have that salmon/pinkish sole though…
Also Worth a Mention:
- TheTieBar: Free shipping at $25
- Haberdash: Their After-Christmas sale is offering up to 70% off. Remember, returns are for exchange or store credit only.
- GAP: 30% off sale styles w/ SUPER
- Jack Spade: Extra 25% off sale items w/ SALEONSALE
- Club Monaco: Take an extra 40% off Sale + 50% off Clearance with code CHEERS
- Mr. Porter: Their winter sale is still going on.
- Nordstrom: Their Winter Clearance event is underway. Pretty sure we already covered that.