Sales that deserve some attention heading into the weekend, or sometimes, a bit earlier. Might not be some massive once a year event, but still worth a look. Those are what make up these handfuls. Expect these things when necessary. Five of the better sales, one for each finger, are below, plus bonus sales if need be. Included are a few picks worth pointing out.
- Extra Fine Merino V-Neck – $34.50 ($69.50)
- Extra Fine Merino Shawl Collar Pullover – $49.00 ($98.50)
- Extra-Fine Merino Wool Shawl-Collar Cardigan – $60 ($120)
- Extra-Fine Merino Wool Turtleneck – $39.50 ($79.50)
Banana Republic has been running a few one-day-only deals this week, and today’s (Thursday) is half off all full priced sweaters. Not bad. Their extra fine merino fabric is one of the best in the business. Somewhere in between UNIQLO’s super thin fabric, and the J. Crew Factory merino that’s a bit thicker (but pills). Not as slim through the sides as the JCF Slim options, but plenty workable. Tons of colors to pick from. Since there’s no code here, it doesn’t look like sweaters will ship free if their pre-discount price is more than $50. So, know that going in if you plan on buying just one sweater. Returns are free though. Know that this is also going on in-store. Deal expires today, 12/4.
Flint & Tinder: Underwear back to Kickstarter Prices (Up to 50% off)
- One pair for $15 w/ 1PAIR (normally $29.50)
- 3 for $36 w/ 3PAIR (save $52.50)
- 7 for $70 w/ 7 PAIR (save $136.50)
Flint & Tinder might be one of if not the most successful men’s style related kickstarters ever. Made in the USA underwear, now back down to their Kickstarter introductory prices. But, you gotta use those particular codes on the specified quantities listed above. Also, it’s just 24 hours, and expires at 11:59 am EST, tomorrow, Friday 12/5/14.
- The Nottingham Shetland Wool Blazer in Charcoal – $208.60 ($398)
- The Nottingham Shetland Wool Blazer in Brown Herringbone – $208.60 ($398)
- The Nottingham Shetland Wool Blazer in Grey Herringbone – $208.60 ($398)
- The Nottingham Shetland Wool Blazer in Medium Grey – $208.60 ($398)
So here’s where most of us are with Bonobos… They release some new blazers in the fall that look awesome. But they’re priced at a ri-donkulous $400. So that’s totally out of the question for most budgets. And then we wait. And we twiddle our thumbs for months while 25% off $150+ codes come and go (still too expensive) and then they finally hit the sale section, and another code comes along and now they cost almost HALF as much as what they started at. Lots of sizes. Moon Mills tweed. Sleeve buttons are functional, but they ship & return free. Code is good through this Sunday, 12/7.
An exciting box for those that don’t mind partaking in a cigar once in a blue moon. Plus, that “the den” candle is terrific. Masculine scent without being overpowering. $45 is the cost of the box if you’re a member. More on Bespoke Post in the review of this particular box over here. Meanwhile, if you’re a member over at the flash sale site “Rue La La”, you can pick up a 1 Month Introductory subscription for $34.
- Allen Edmonds Dalton – $318.75 ($425)
- Allen Edmonds Strand – $288.75 ($325)
- Alfani RED Slim-Fit Velvet Sport Coat in Navy, Burgundy, Black – $74.99 ($99.99)
- Hilfiger Peak Lapel Tux Separates – $225.98 ($299.98)
Nice of them to usually include their stock of Allen Edmonds in these codes. Shades & sizes can go pretty quick though. 20% is the norm, 25% off is not as frequent as you’d think. Code runs through Monday 12/8.
Also worth a mention
- UNIQLO: $25 off $200+ w/ CYBER25.
- J. Crew: 40% off Sale Items & 30% off select “winter picks” w/ SNOW.
- EXPRESS: $10 off $30, $30 off $75, $60 off $150 w/ 1848.
- Fossil: $25 off $150 and $50 off $200 on full priced items.
- Haberdash: Up to 50% off select Tailored Apparel (remember, returns on markdowns are for credit/exchange only).
- Allen Edmonds: $50 off select boots, including the terrific Bleecker Street, through 12/24.
- JC Penney: 25% off w/ OURFRND. But prices seemed lower over Black Friday weekend? UPDATE: Many thanks to Michael U. for pointing out that the Stafford Deacon wingtip boot is back in a few scattered sizes.