The Thur/Fri Handfuls are great, but what if Monday rolls around and there are a few sales that can’t wait til the weekend? You’ll find three of the best (one for each leg), with a few picks from each, to start the week below. Expect these with zero regularity. Note: The Sales Tripod’s mascot is Captain Cookster, the three legged tabby seen above. Proving that yet again, in the most unlikely ways, cats continue to dominate the internet.
- The Quilted Jacket – $134.40 ($168)
- Italian Moleskin Suit Jacket & Matching Trousers – $372.80 ($466)
- “The Portman” Unconstructed Jacket – $118.40 ($148)
That’s pretty good for Boden. They don’t do the constant-sale game, and are offering free shipping & returns through 12/9. They also list surprisingly precise measurements for many of their garments online (there’s wiggle room in most manufacturing, so to be super precise is tough to do). Their basics are expensive, and while most of their goods are “imported” the quality is certainly there. The quilted jacket is fully lined, super comfortable, and can take a beating. It compares favorably, or even out performs, the Barbour Chelsea. The moleskin on that suit is pretty darn terrific. Perfect for keeping warm on bitter cold days, with some muted panache (the whole stand-out-quietly thing is strong with this suit). The sleeve buttons are functional, so if they don’t hit you right, you’re likely to just send it back instead of dealing with those extra tailoring costs. SHOW expires today, 11/3.
#2. Bonobos: 20% off sale items w/ TAKEAWAY20 (exp. 11/4)
- The Mariner Shawl Collar Sweater – $86.40 ($138)
- Sebago Mahogany Tremont Boots – $86.40 ($155)
- Washed Chino Blazer in Navy – $102.40 ($198)
- Washed Chino Blazer in Grey – $102.40 ($198)
- The Hawthorne Basketweave Crewneck – $62.40 ($98)
Nice. No super high thresholds. Just a flat 20% off whatever you can dig up in the sale section. Unfortunately, there’s not a ton there right now. Or perhaps it’s their new design? Seems like they switched to a more tablet-friendly layout, and there’s been some hitches in their digital get-a-long. Anyway, those Sebago boots in Mahogany are drool-tastic at that price. Not the best leather in the world, but plenty fine for the upcoming weather. Meanwhile, a hundred bucks for a do-anything washed chino blazer is a good deal. Especially since it ships & returns free due to Ninja power. Code TAKEAWAY20 ends tomorrow, 11/4.
- Waxed Twill Wing Duffel (2581 cubic inches) – $171.75 FINAL ($495)
- Canvas & Leather Darrow Brief – $149.25 FINAL ($398)
- Waxwear Davis Brief – $164.25 ($378)
- Haskell Matte Black Sunglasses – $74.25 ($148)
- Griffin Sunglasses – $96.75 ($188)
- Davison 38mm Chrono – $149.25 FINAL ($498)
Wow, that image above is really, really not to scale (graphics guru has the day off, so, it was all the editor using his MS Paint skillz) . Anyway, some of us are waiting for Saddelback to return to an all solid black-leather (not carbon) before investing in a new briefcase, but these extra-affordable options from Jack Spade are making holding off on a new briefcase purchase real hard. Meanwhile, $498 is what they were charging for that Quartz chrono to start. Sure, the quartz is Swiss, and yes, it’s got a sapphire crystal. But… half a grand? It seems that the sale price of $150 has firmly brought that back down, closer to earth. It is final sale though, and watch out for other items marked as final sale. Can’t return those.
Also worth a mention on a Monday
- Charles Trywhitt: They’ve got another $29.95 shirt deal running (you may need to clear your cookies to see it). Major thanks to Harold M. for sending in the tip!
- Cole Haan: Extra 40% off Clearance w/ EXTRA40
- Lands’ End: 25% off F&F w/ FAMILY25 & 1804
- Levi’s: 30% off & free shipping no min. w/ 30FORYOU