Sales that deserve some attention heading into the weekend, or sometimes, a bit earlier. Might not be some massive once a year event, but still worth a look. Those are what make up these handfuls. Expect these things when necessary. Five of the better sales, one for each finger, are below, plus bonus sales if need be. Included are a few picks worth pointing out.
- Lambswool Waffle Stitch Shawlneck Cardigan – $58.80 ($98)
- Flannel Pant in Slim or Straight Fit – $41.97 ($69.95)
- Brown Cord Blazer – $64.80 ($108)
Appears to be minimal exclusions on this one too. That shawl collar waffle-stitch cardigan is the real deal. Made from their 55% Lambswool / 45% nylon blend (same blend that their turtleneck is made out of), it’s got some ruggedness to it while still being real comfortable. Not a bad pickup in case your place can get weirdly cold this time of year. Meanwhile, those flannel pants? 40% Italian wool, 30% poly and other stuff, but still. Huge potential there. Wish they had a light grey version for the straight fits. Still though. Could be the pant of the season. Items ship free if your total is more than $50 pre code, and returns are always free. Code is good through 11/10.
- Bleecker Street in Brown, Black, Burgundy, or Chili – $239.20
- Dalton in Oxblood, Chocolate, Black, Bourbon, or Walnut – $271.20
- Strand in Walnut, Brown, Black, Bourbon or Chili – $239.20
They’ve already knocked the extra 20% off on Shoebank.com, so prices are as indicated there. If you’re not lucky enough to live near an AE outlet, here’s how you can take advantage of these things. Selection will vary by your size & width, so, you might want to head to Shoebank.com and take a look. Prices do seem to have gone up everywhere, so these extra 20% off sales will get 2nds quality AEs to land in the low to mid $200s. The Bleeker Streets shown above were acquired for $299 during the Rediscover America Sale. They’re firsts, but they’re friggin’ spectacular. Immediately comfortable & supportive right out of the box (I wear a 10.5D, got a 10.5D, and couldn’t be happier). V-tread sole for extra grip around this time of year. They might be a blucher, but they look terrific with a suit… and hulk hands.
- Slim Merino Wool V-Neck in Caramel – $29.99 (other colors = $54.75) ($78)
- Cashmere Navy Natural Dot Scarf – $88.50 ($115)
- Slim Rustic Merino Elbow Patch V-Neck – $62.65 ($89.50)
- Mosaic Wool Scarf – $44.63 ($59.50)
- Ludlow Sportcoat in Microstripe Japanese Cotton – $62.99 ($188)
That’s a steal on that Caramel Slim Merino Sweater. Don’t expect sizes to last long there. Also, cashmere + some dots = something you’d think Cary Grant would wear back in the day. It’s another J. Crew select items sale. And there’s not a ton in there this time (those Ludlow topcoats are PRICEY this year), but what is in there is certainly good for the upcoming season.
Complicated for sure, but plenty of class. Absolutely suit worthy. Has a bit of a vintage look to it because that’s a slide rule around the outer ring. Automatic movement. Sapphire crystal. Dual time cutout between 8:30 and 10:30. Power reserve indicator at noon. 40mm case wears a bit larger. Exhibition caseback on the bottom of a slightly tapered case. Haven’t seen these go for this low in a very, very long time. Silver dial review here. Black dial review over here, but note that the black dial option that Amazon is selling comes with a black, not brown strap.
- Year-Rounder Tailored Fit Trousers – $62.30 ($89)
- Flannel Lined Chinos – $55.30 ($79)
- Flannel Lined Dark Wash Denim – $55.30 ($79)
- Straight Fit Moleskin 5-Pockets – $55.30 ($79)
- Slim Fit Flannel Blackwatch Tartan Trousers – $69.30 ($99)
It’s a pants party. If you’re the trouser type, now might be a good time to jump on the Tailored Fit Lands’ End Year-Rounders that got a mention over in the $1500 Wardobe Alternatives post. Careful with those Blackwatch Tartan Trousers… as loud and awesome as they look, the LE slim fits sure are slim. Maybe it has something to do with the dwindling of the “Canvas” brand, but Lands’ End “Slim” fits can be awfully tight on some frames.
The Wallet Destroying Pick: Bond Peacoat – $556 ($695)
I come home one particular evenin’… the land lady said: “You got the rent money yet?” I said “No!”
UPDATE: If you want it in black, it’ll run $417 through Nordstrom. Free shipping and returns there too. Navy is full price, but black is now 40% off. Huge thanks to Jordan K. for sending in the style tip!
Also worth a mention
- J. Crew Factory: Extra 25% off Clearance w/ YAY20
- Macy’s: Extra 20% (15%-10% select dept) off select purchases w/ VETS. That drops the Allen Edmonds University to $183.59. A bit different looking, but a heck of a price.
- Express: $25 Off Every $75 You Spend with Code 1487
- Haberdash: They’re running a bit of a shoe sale. But man, they ain’t cheap.
- Club Monaco: 30% off Fall Sweaters w/ SWEATERS. Also… not cheap.
- DSW: $10 off $74, $25 off $139, $40 off $199 w/ SHOPNOW and you’re logged into their rewards program.