The Thur/Fri Handfuls are great, but what if Monday rolls around and there are a few sales that can’t wait til the weekend? You’ll find three of the best (one for each leg), with a few picks from each, to start the week below. Expect these with zero regularity. Note: The Sales Tripod’s mascot is Captain Cookster, the three legged tabby seen above. Proving that yet again, in the most unlikely ways, cats continue to dominate the internet.
- Made in the USA Levi’s 501 in Dark Tumble – $44.40 ($148)
- Suede Tie Driving Mocs – $44.40 ($148)
- Black Fleece Mackintosh Travel Bag – $75 ($150)
- Tweed Duffel Bag – $149.40 ($498)
- Saxxon Wool Stripe Scarf – $59.40 ($198)
- Black Fleece Mackintosh Briefcase – $325 ($650)
Some items are still sitting at the same prices they’ve been at for weeks, others have gotten some massive cuts. It’s a true clearance, so sizes are scattered. But when it comes to accessories and what not, most need not worry about a size. Made in the USA classics like those 501s seem like a nice steal at forty four bucks. And that duffel comes in at 2362 cubic inches… so not the biggest, but not tiny either. Many thanks to Lee G. for sending in the style tip.
- Black Wool Topcoat – $195 ($325)
- Mixed-Media Gloves – $53.70 ($89.50)
- Digby Brogue in Burgundy – $88.80 ($158)
- Textured Wool Topcoat – $178.80 ($298)
- Camel Wool Topcoat – $178.80 ($298)
- Extra Fine Merino Wool Turtleneck – $47.70 ($79.50)
- Tailored Slim-Fit Flannel Pant – $60 ($120)
Blazers & suit jackets are excluded, as are those pesky “BR Picks”, but still, 40% off is very solid. Especially with most, if not all of their outerwear getting that almost half-off cut. And speaking of, a quick note to the BR photography team… could you folks maybe show us, the lowly consumer, what the coat looks like, y’know, buttoned up? There’s an epidemic of unbuttoned-ness going on this year on the BR outerwear page. Kinda doesn’t show off the real look. A note on that Black Wool Topcoat: it has epaulets. So if that’s not your style, steer clear. Hat tip to Harrison B. for the tip about these 98% wool flannel dress pants. Sixty bucks, and word is they’re trim without being clingy on larger legs.
Another code, but another awfully high threshold. That Pique blazer has real potential though, and it appears to be unlined? Meanwhile, if you turn your nose up at the stuffy/snobby topcoats over here, and you’re more of a short-jacket casual outerwear dude… then the Banff Wool Tweed jacket might be the top of the line from this year’s splurge-worthy, yet still attainable crop. Everything ships & returns free of course.
Also worth a mention on a Monday
- Boden: 25% off & Free Shipping through Thursday w/ 8A8C.
- Restoration Hardware: 20% off w/ FRIENDS. Drops what might be the coolest looking bluetooth speaker on the market to a still incredibly pricey $119.20. Cripes.
- Lands’ End: 30% off w/ FAMILY & pin 1800 through tomorrow.
- J. Crew Factory: 30% off everything w/ EXTRA30, which isn’t that hot, but even though suiting is excluded, their pinstripe Thompson suit separates are at nicely low price of $236 for the jacket & pant combined.
- Bloomingdale’s: 20% off w/ HOLIDAY (exclusions apply of course)