Sales that deserve some attention heading into the weekend, or sometimes, a bit earlier. Might not be some massive once a year event, but still worth a look. Those are what make up these handfuls. Expect these things when necessary. Five of the better sales, one for each finger, are below. Included are a few picks worth pointing out.
J. Crew Factory: 30% off & Free Shipping w/ BAGEL (exp 3pm 10/2)
- Thompson Elbow Patch Sportcoat in Blue or Grey Tweed – $110.60 ($158)
- Thompson Wool-Blend Herringbone Sportcoat in Charcoal or Brown – $117.60 ($168)
- Unconstructed Thompson Sportcoat in Twill – $82.60 ($118)
- Slim Merino V-neck or Crew Neck – $38.15 ($54.50)
Just launched this morning, and only good through 3pm ET. But one of the nicer codes they’ve run in a while. Drops sportcoats into the $110-$120 range for the wool blend options, and down to a very nice $82.60 for the almost entirely unlined cotton twill option (full review here). And then there’s their slim merino Vs (high $30s, but ship free). Remember though, this thing expires at 3pm ET on 10/2/14. Suiting is excluded.
Friday update: They killed off the “bagel” code, and are now running a 35% off select styles sale w/ the code MORE. Those sweaters are out, as is the twill sportcoat, but the Thompson wool blend blazers are now a slightly better deal, and still ship free since they’re north of $100…
- Slim Fit Wool Navy Sportcoat by “Saks Fifth Avenue BLACK” –
- Magnanni Half-Brogue Oxfords – $187.50 ($375)
- Rush by Gordon Rush Single Monks – $95 ($190)
- Double-Breasted Wool-Blend Jacket by “Saks Fifth Avenue BLACK” – $209.99 ($349.99)
- Cole Haan Curtis Chukka – $114 ($228)
Plus, SHIPFREE gets you free shipping on all orders. Lots of diffusion brands lurking in this one, but it still seems to be one of the better deals Sak’s off 5th seems to run. For example, those Spanish made Magnannis usually run around $200 through Last Call. Perfect toe on em’ too, not the Magnanni spear-like chisel.
UPDATE: Apologies, who woulda guessed that house-brand blazer would have been on the list of exclusions? It is up for the buy one, get one free offer they’re running.
Need help with some picks? Head here for the Style Source post on CT…
Spend $50 through Gilt City, get a $100 credit towards online purchases on the Charles Tyrwhitt website. Big thanks to Brailleyard for the tip over here, and for rnjbond who clarified that these deals can’t stack with codes, but should work otherwise. So the four shirts for $200 drops to $150 (total out of pocket) with the voucher. $37.50 per shirt ain’t half bad. Plus, there’s always shoes and blazers and what not…
- Utility Duffel (all colors up for the discount) –
$356.20 – $388.70Gone… ($548 – $598)
- Thin Medium Brief in Carbon Black – $299.65 ($461)
- Dry Bag (all colors up for discount) – $201.50 – $225.55 ($310 – $347)
- Travel Case (all colors, and quite possibly the coolest dopp ever) –
$117.65also gone… ($181)
- Christmas Stocking – $68 (not on sale, but a new arrival. and nifty)
Well this is something. Saddleback has never run a sale before… but there’s a catch. It’s a select items sale, and the vast majority of it is limited to items in their “Carbon Black” leather. Think: Zombie flesh. Right. Seems like most won’t gravitate towards that option. So yes, there’s a 35% off a thin briefcase deal running, but it only applies to the carbon black option. They’re clearing out all that stuff as well as discontinuing a few styles to make room for some new stuff.
UPDATE: Looks like a lot of the above picks are sold out. There’s more options, but man, this stuff moved fast.
This is a weird one, so stay with me here. This is probably one of the most well executed knit blazers out there… even though it’s a synthetic blend (poly/rayon). In person, you don’t even realize it’s sweatshirt-like material until you touch it. It’s incredibly soft to the touch, but then from any sort of distance it almost looks like some sort of very smooth tweed (thanks marling). Doesn’t feel plasticky or stuffy either. Probably best to take a look at it in store first, unless you’ve been trying to find a knit blazer that wasn’t too schlumpy. If so, this might be one to strongly consider. It’ll make the best blazers of the fall post, which is set to launch on Monday.
Another Friday update: Looks like that above blazer just went on sale for $138, and with the code drops to $103.60. Very nice, and many thanks to Ben in the comments!
This is a weird one. Overnight, Banana Republic launched a select items sale, but when you get to that page everything says “Extra Savings with code BRSHOP35” underneath it. Not true though, *because there are exceptions. Notably suit jackets, blazers… the usual. But their new outerwear does get that extra cut on top of the sale price.
This is one of, if not the best sales of the year when it comes to Allen Edmonds 1sts. Here’s a top 10 from last year. Meanwhile, there might (wink wink) be some sort of giveaway (nudge nudge) on this very site come Monday (know what I mean know what I mean?) featuring the above footwear ^ (say no more, say no more!)
Meanwhile… hat tip to Barwic01 for pointing out in the comments that Nordstrom has a couple models of Allen Edmonds on sale right now (Players, Parkway…). That includes the above walnut Daltons at 20% off, going for $340 (down from $425)
Also worth a mention
- Bloomingdale’s: 20% off (exclusions apply) w/ FRIENDS
- J. Crew: 25% off Select Jackets & Shoes w/ FALLSTYLES. That also gets you 30% off select sale items, and that drops the microstripe Japanese cotton sportcoat to $83.99. Final sale though.
- GAP: Extra 35% off sale items w/ SCORE, plus, their Gap X GQ collection is now available…
- DSW: $10 off $74, $25 off $149, $50 off $149 w/ OCTOBERFUN for DSW rewards members.
- UNIQLO: They’ve got a sweater sale going on… with extra fine merino Vs and crews going for ten bucks off, at $29.90. They’re nice and slim, but be warned, they’re awfully thin…