Sales that deserve some attention heading into the weekend, or sometimes, a bit earlier. Might not be some massive once a year event, but still worth a look. Those are what make up these handfuls. Expect these things when necessary. Five of the better sales, one for each finger, are below. Included are a few picks worth pointing out.
- Navy Tailored Fit Cord Blazer + On-Sale Socks (to tip the $200 threshold) – $155.58 ($205.99)
- Tailored-Slim Wool Flannel Dress Pant in Navy or Charcoal – $75.00 ($120)
- Quilted Jacket – $150 ($240)
So $25 off $100 isn’t usually that hot… It’s 25%, only if you hit the threshold on the nose. BUT it’s exclusion free. So blazers are in play w/ that BRHERENOW code. Plus, a couple of fall staples are marked down (even a new arrival or two) and the extra cash off helps get them into a sweet spot / worth considering territory.
Use something cheap that’s on sale to tip the balance on that $198 navy blazer (it costs more if you don’t). Cut in their works-for-many tailored-fit (not too skinny, not boxy), the navy cord blazer walks right up to the too-sexy velvet line (rope?), gives almost the same effect, yet it’s much more wearable. UPDATE: Meanwhile, for cardholders, you can use BRCARD to knock 30% off full priced styles. Puts that blazer at $138.60. No exclusions, and it’s good through 9/30.
Oooh. Hey now. Not bad. Gustin, who usually cranks out Made in the USA crowd-funded selvedge, also dips into shirts and accessories every now and then. One of their latest campaigns is for a charcoal/grey or black version of their popular waxed duffel. Almost 2400 cubic inches. Full grain leather trim. YKK zippers. About a week left to fund each project. If they don’t get funded, they don’t get made.
- Red Wing Moc Toe in Chocolate Leather – $169.90 ($260)
- Red Wing Moc Toe in Burnt Orange Suede – $169.90 ($260)
- Red Wing Suede Chukka in Java, Blueberry, or Slate Blue – $169.90 ($260)
Looks like these are awfully new to the sale section, and all sizes are available? Made in the USA, Goodyear welted, all that stuff. If the classic moc-toe boots are too clunky for your tastes, check out the suede chukkas (especially in the dark brown “java”… yeeeeeah). Sleeker, but still unmistakeably Red Wing.
- SLIM Lambswool Crewneck – $52.12 ($69.50)
- SLIM Merino Cardigan – $59.15 ($89.50)
- SLIM (are you tired of the all caps “SLIM” yet? Are you craving a dried meat stick snack product now?) Lambswool V-Neck Sweater – $52.12 ($69.50)
- Ludlow Unconstructed Sportcoat in Microstripe Cotton – $111.99 FINAL ($188)
Not a world beater of a sale, but now that the equinox has come and gone, more fall-like weather might be hitting this weekend in those bits of the country that have been still stuck in summer mode. And that might instigate the assessment of the sweater collection. If that assessment results in the planning for and potential purchase of some new sweaters… then you could do a heck of a lot worse than J. Crew’s slimmer fitting options.
- Made in the USA Chore Coat in Olive – $111.30 or Blue Linen/Cotton – $139.30
- Made in Italy Suede D-ring Loafer – $139.30 ($395)
- Terry Cardigan in Charcoal – $48.30 ($195)
- Made in Italy Double Monk in Stone – $139.30 ($395)
WARNING: Returns for Billy Reid sale items are only good for exchanges or store credit. So know that going in. High quality stuff though. Really liking those Italian suede d-ring loafers for early fall. Know that their clothes can run trim.
Also worth a mention
- Ralph Lauren: 25% off select styles w/ RLGIVE14
- J. Crew Factory: They’re running a $35 and under sale. Items/discounts seem so-so.
- Lands’ End: Their Friends & Family sale is still going on. Picks here.
- Rue La La: The flash sale site has a Brooks Brothers event taking place, but sizes & selection are scattered.
- Bonobos: $20 off their blue jeans (not travel jeans or their premium lines) w/ BLUEJEAN20 through Sunday.
- Haberdash: Head on over to their blog to see a handful of goods that have been marked down for a limited time. They’ve dropped their normall $500, Canadian made, ticket-pocket equipped blazer to $299.