IT’S NOT JUST A HANDFUL. IT’S A HOEDOWN.
Why hoedown? Too much for a handful. And “Labor Day Weekend Jazz-hands!” sounds terrible.
All right, let’s get on with it. Enjoy the long weekend fellas.
- 1901 Solid End-On-End Trim Fit Dress Shirt – $18.90 ($39.50… more on end-on-end here)
- Grayers Trim Fit Knit Blazer – $62.49 ($125)
- Randolph Engineering Rose Gold Aviators – $104.90 ($159)
- Original Penguin “The Dunn” Sunglasses – $52.26 ($78)
A true clearance, so expect scattered sizes. Nowhere near as good as the half-yearly sale, which are technically end-of-season sales like this one, but the half-yearly’s have a lot more sizes & options.
- Ludlow Club Blazer w/ Center Vent – $243 ($405)
- Cotton Shawl Collar Cardigan w/ Nautical Stripe – $47.99 FINAL ($108)
- Ticking Stripe Belt – $17.70 ($35)
- Ludlow Sportcoat in Contrast Japanese Chambray – $119.99 FINAL … also, would you? ($228)
- Vintage Oxford Popover – $38.70 ($69.50)
- Ludlow Grey délavé Linen Jacket & Slim Pant – $263.98 FINAL
Gone is the 25% off select items sale, here is a new extra 40% off sale items code. Careful though, LOTS of final sale items in this one. For those that like the brass-button traditional look on their navy blazers, that’s about as low as the Ludlow Club has gone so far since their introduction. Doesn’t appear to be final sale either?
UPDATE: On Labor Day itself this moved to a 30% off $125+ w/ 24HOURS, but with tons of restrictions. No suiting. Basically, it’s a select items sale with a $125 threshold. The new unconstructed corduroy (awesome) and workwear (has functional sleeve buttons) do get that cut though. Code expires today, 9/1.
Part of their labor day promotions. Haven’t seen these in person (yet, stand by for a review in the not too distant future), but word is they’re solid competition, if not superior, to the JCF slim merino sweaters. Hoping they fit as well. Meanwhile, their AIRism underwear is on discount for the Labor Day weekend as well.
UPDATE: And on Labor Day itself, UNIQLO is offering free shipping, no min.
The Picks: Depends on your size/width… so check the Shoebank’s website.
Worth another mention. Launched last week but still going on. Major discounts seem to be a little spotty on this one, but the selection of models is good. Lots of Daltons, Strands, Park Aves, Mora 2.0s, and other wheelhouse styles in just about every color imaginable (sometimes, even in a few shades of cordovan). Remember, they are 2nds quality. More info here.
That is one heck of a price for a do-anything automatic dress watch. Day-window at 12 o’clock, date window at 6. Slightly unusual, but it’s still awfully clean. Nice texture to the dial too. Full review here. (Sidenote: someone want to tell the asshat who took that shot that watches should be shot with the time showing around 10:10? You can barely see the hour hand in that shot! Dreadful! Drekitude! THERE IS NO BOOTY TOOCH WITH… wait. Your friendly local affordable men’s style site editor took that shot. Sh*t. Anyway, it’s a hell of a good looking watch. Has two hands and everything.)
The Pick: Fitzgerald Fit Bead Stripe 1818 Suit – $599 ($1198)
Get ready to scroll. Their online clearance section is bursting… but sizes are scattered as is usually the case with these things. Yet, there’s a ton of sizes left in that navy striped suit. Not cheap, but it’s a high quality number. Made in the USA
The Pick: Made in the USA Dopp Kit – $48.30 FINAL ($69)
*Warning: If you use this code, it’s final sale. No returns. Good gravy, they’ve come a long way since their USA Made Underwear Kickstarter. That said, no experience with their underwear. Lots of other Made in the USA stuff to pick through on their site though.
Excludes blazers, BR picks, etc… the usual. Dang. But “BRPICKS” does knock 20% off, wait for it, those items marked as BRpicks (usually the new stuff), and 30% off comes off the BRpicks if you have a BR/GAP/ON Card. Sheesh, complicated enough?
Bluefly is one of those sites that’s kinda tough to tell what’s a good deal and what’s not, but DW minimalist watches for $120 – $135 seems worth a mention. Preppy, simple… hard to mess up.
Nothing mind blowing at post time. They do have a new houndstooth Thompson suit in stock, but prices across the site seem to be pretty “mneh”. Maybe they’ll run an extra code on Monday? UPDATE: They have… use LABORDAY for free shipping, no minimum through today, 9/1/14.
The Pick: Mercanti Fiorentini Black Double Monks – $119.94 (usually $140ish?)
Howdy Pilgrim. Glued soles, but certainly solid for the money. Part of their newer collection, and if memory serves, the toes might not be chiseled on these?
- Waxed Twill Wing Duffel – $171.75 FINAL ($495)
- Canvas Leather Darrow Brief – $179.25 FINAL ($398)
- Work Twill Swiss Brief – $104.25 FINAL ($375)
Lots of final sale items in this one, so be careful. A few of Jack Spade’s “Duffels” are crazy small. Not this one. 2751 cubic inches of space, so there’s actually some room in there. Waxed cotton twill with leather trim.
- Merino Shawl Neck Sweater – $52.80 ($88)
- Twill Blazer – $136.80 ($228)
- Merino V-Neck Sweater – $41.94 ($79.90)
Couple of not-too-loud basics worth a mention there. Particularily like that mechanic’s/shawl style merino sweater. Express usually cranks out some solid quality merino wool too. This is also going on in-store, so, if you want to avoid shipping charges, might want to try there. Who knows, you might run into Kate Upton. (you will not run into Kate Upton)
- Tailored Fit Pattern Wool Blazer – $138.60 ($198)
- Tailored Fit Plain Front Wool Flannel Trousers – $69.30 ($99)
- Yarn Dye Slim Elston Pants – $47.60 ($68)
That’s a decent code from Lands’ End. As of late they’ve been pretty stingy. 30% off was usually limited to one or two items, and there was probably a stipulation that those items had to be regular price. Not here. Just a flat 30% off (with the usual exclusions, such as Allen Edmonds). Still waiting on that blazer to arrive, since it was backordered when it launched on their site. Their flannel wool trousers also drop nicely with this code.
The Picks: Ecoalf “London” Briefcase – $129 ($185), One Star Minimalist Wallet in Burgundy Horween Chromexel – $19.50 ($35)
Not a bad looking briefcase, and the company that makes it uses “upcycled” materials to build their goods. Not a bad way to put together 321 grams of recycled fishing nets. Meanwhile, that minimalist wallet sure is… minimalist. But it might make for a sweet business card case, if you’ve already got the wallet thing nailed down.
Also worth a mention:
- Ledbury: Up to 30% off during their labor day sale… stock is pretty picked over though…
- Amazon: 20% off select watches w/ 20TIME14
- ASOS: Extra 20% off w/
SUMMERDONTGO. (standby, this doesn’t seem to be working. Efforting an explanation. UPDATE: They’re now saying SUMMERDONTGO should get you 15% off instead of 20%?)
- East Dane: They’ve launched their end-of-summer sale
- Macy’s: Extra 20% off & free shipping at $75 (usually $99) w/ DEALS
- Cole Haan: 30% off select styles w/ FALL30
- Club Monaco: Extra 40% off Sale / 50% off clearance w/ HEYFALL (but the selection is really picked over)
- Bonobos: Extra 30% off FINAL Sale w/ SALEAWAY (selection is also really picked over)
- Huckberry: Free Domestic Shipping through Monday, + their summer sale has launched.