Sales that deserve some attention heading into the weekend, or sometimes, a bit earlier. Might not be some massive once a year event, but still worth a look. Those are what make up these handfuls. Expect these things when necessary. Five of the better sales, one for each finger, are below. Included are a few picks worth pointing out.
J. Crew: 30% off Select Items, 50% off Select Sale w/ HISUMMER
- Ludlow Silk-Linen Glen Plaid Sportcoat – $134.99 FINAL ($388)
- Ludlow in Italian Cotton Silk Linen – $184.99 FINAL ($388)
- White Seersucker Shirt in Slim, Reg., or Tall – $52.50 – $56 ($75-$80)
- Bowery Slim in Oxford Cloth – $61.60 ($88)
- Abingdon Travel Kit – $40.60 ($58)
A good chunk of the site is 30% off, but almost all suiting, 3rd party, and a few other items are out (as usual). Sportcoats are in play though. And some of the items in the sale section have the “get these things out of here” 50% off cut. But it appears that most if not all of those that get the half-off bargain are final sale. So while you can’t return it, $135 is still a steal for a J. Crew half-lined sportcoat. Just make sure you know your size in the ludlow.
Massimo Dutti: Summer Sale
- Tassel Loafers in Brown, Tan, or Blue – $115 ($175)
- Linen/Wool Shawl Cardigan – $99.90 ($175)
- Prince of Wales Blazer – $140 ($198 )
- Quilted Blazer Jacket – $150 ($275)
- Cotton Oxford Trousers – $59.90 (89.50)
Zara and their big brother Massimo Dutti only do sales a couple times of year. And when they do em’, they don’t mess around. It appears that the entire site is marked down. No code needed either. Ships and returns free. A reminder, MD stuff (like Zara) runs pretty trim, so consider sizing up.
Rue La La: $75 gets you $150 Ledbury Deal
The Picks: Blue Fine Twill Slim Fit – $75.00 ($115), White Fine Twill Slim Fit – $75.00 ($115)
One of the better flash sale sites on the web is running another deal for some of the best shirts out there. Ledbury has that lowered second button, terrific fabrics, great buttons, and great construction. Problem is, Ledbury seems like they’re almost always sold out of their slim-fit options (which… aren’t as slim as most would probably like). That said, still worth picking up if you’re in the market for a splurge-worthy shirt. Remember, it’s a one-time use offer, so unless you nail $150 on the head (tough to do) chances are you’ll burn a bit of the deal if you’re getting just one shirt (you can get more than one of course, you’ll just go over the amount of the voucher). But still, it’s one of the few opportunities to get a Ledbury shirt at discount.
Jos. A. Bank: Select Allen Edmonds 30% Off
The Picks: “Nathan” in Burgundy – $241.50, “Boardroom” in Merlot – $241.50 ($345)
Leave it to Jos. A. Bank to somehow mark down 1st quality Allen Edmonds in a couple of not-so-easy to find colors. Burgundy vs. Merlot… those the same?
Thinking Merlot leans more red. (Update: They’re the same. Thanks to Zach in the comments) But, being that they’re labeling designs that appear to be a 5th ave. and a Park ave. as “Nathan” and “Boardroom”… then who knows. Available in black and walnut as well for the “Nathan”. Brown and Black for the simple cap toe “Boardroom” Update II: Looks like these might be made on the 7 last? Instead of the 65? Thanks to TominDC for that tip.
Nordstrom: Half-Yearly Ends Sun. More Reductions Mon?
Something to keep an eye on. If the past is any indication, there should be some new markdowns rolling out on the Nordstrom website’s sale section come Monday. Stay tuned on that one. Picks for the half-yearly can be found here.
Also worth a mention
- J. Crew Factory: They’ve got a few new arrivals, nothing mind blowing though.
- EXPRESS: Extra 40% off clearance. Price is shown in cart.
- JC Penney: Extra 15% off w/ SUMRFUN. Extra 20% kicks in at $100+. Sounds like those new Stafford wingtips are legitimate. Here’s hoping for a boot come fall.