Sales that deserve some attention heading into the weekend, or sometimes, a bit earlier. Might not be some massive once a year event, but still worth a look. Those are what make up these handfuls. Expect these things when necessary. Five of the better sales, one for each finger, are below. Included are a few picks worth pointing out.
20% off $50+ w/ 1925 & 25% off $75+ w/ 1936
The Pick: Light Blue Cotton Blazer –
An extremely nice blazer, especially at this price, but holy CRAP do these things run small. H&M is like Zara in a way… European brands that most of us US/Canadian types have to size up for a good fit. Blazer shown above is a 40R, and it’s still a touch tight through the chest, and still a little too chopped in the tail. A 42R with some tailoring would probably be great for a 5’10” 180 lb frame, but not a 40R.
Oxford cotton shell, mostly unlined, and the top of the back is just lined in cotton. Sleeves are lined in poly. Navy cotton elbow patches. Sleeve buttons are non-functional, but there’s contrasting accent stitching around ’em. Shipping is $5.95 (Note: 30% off kicks in at $100+ with code 1947 in case you’re dropping some serious coin at H&M.)
UPDATE: For the love of… this is just for women’s and kids. You think the promotional materials would say that in a bit more noticeable way…
Lands’ End: 25% off everything w/ FAMILY & 5020
- Red Brick 628 Straight Fit “Jeanos” – $29.99 ($58)
- Stripe Cotton Cashmere Rugby – $33.74 ($69)
- Nautical Stripe Trapper Sweater – $35.99 ($79)
- Straight Fit Moleskin Chino Pants – $29.99 ($69)
- Archer Suede Belt – $18.74 ($39.99)
Exclusions apply of course, but most of Lands’ End’s line is up for the discount. Free shipping kicks in at $50. Lots of out of season stuff made the picks… but Lands’ End seems like they’re more of an Autumn/Winter brand than a summer one.
Billy Reid: 25% off $250+ w/ SHOPPRIVATE
- Made in the USA Horween “cordovan” Briefcase – $296.25 ($395)
- Made in the USA Linen/Cotton Chore Coat – $198.75 ($265)
- Indianola Boot in Camel – $296.25 ($395)
$250 is a pretty steep threshold, you can’t use it on sale, nor can you use it any of the Bond peacoats… but if you’re a fan of the American Designer, it can be fun (and dangerous) to windowshop and see how far that code can go. That chorecoat is 69% linen, 31% cotton, has leather closure tabs for the lower pockets, and it’s made in the USA. Yeah, it’s just a casual, lightweight jacket, but good grief.
UPDATE: According to BRShopper in the comments, the Billy Reid website isn’t all that accurate (which, you think since it’s Billy Reid, it would be) The Olive option of the chore coat is all cotton, while the bag isn’t Shell Cordovan. “made in Tennessee from hand-cut Horween cordovan leather” must either mean cordovan accents, or, the color “cordovan”. Which, well…
Allen Edmonds: Launch of new Shoe Bank site
PLUS: They’re running a 15 – 30% off Memorial Day 2nds sale right now…
Oh man. Be prepared to spend (waste?) more than a few minutes scrolling through all the 2nds quality AEs that are on sale right now. Looks like all of their super-discounted Brooks Brothers models have flown out the door, and this 15-30% off normal Factory 2nds prices sale is nice… but it’s not as good as it can get. Still, applause to AE for launching a cleaned up Shoebank site, where you can search by model & size, and even see which store your chosen pair is lurking at. Still not an e-commerce site, so you’ll have to eventually make a phone call or drop in. Want a rundown of how you can get your hands on a pair of AE 2nds, even if you’re not near a store? Head here. Major hat-tip to gsasso over on threads for pointing this out, and to Henry for sending in the email style tip on the launch.
Jack Erwin: Relaunch of their driving loafer… the “Ernie”
The Pick: The Jack Erwin Ernie – $95.00
The previous driver was called the “Dale”. Now it’s back in some new shades (Grey!) and called “The Ernie”. All they gotta do now is crank out a boat shoe named “Bert” and we’re set (bet they heard that joke a million times during design and production). Anway, a pair of Ernies will set you back $95. Made in Spain. Free shipping & Free returns.
Also worth a mention
- Sierra Trading Post: They just got some new Red Wing Beckmans 2nds in (including the “cigar” shade)… but so far, they’ve been excluded from additional discount codes.
- J. Crew: Their 25% off select items, including a few summer suits, w/code SOGOOD expires today.
- Macy’s: 25% off $100+ w/ FORYOU … which drops more than a couple Allen Edmonds models (1st quality) to a more palatable price level.
- Brooks Brothers: Looks like they’re quietly running another 15% off code, BB15, site wide.
- GAP: 40% off until 5pm ET w/ TIME
- Jack Spade: Extra 25% off Sale Items w/ 25LESS
- Original Penguin: Extra 40% off sale w/ OPSALE40 (Thanks to Brian S. for the tip)