Sales that deserve some attention heading into the weekend, or sometimes, a bit earlier. Might not be some massive once a year event, but still worth a look. Those are what make up these handfuls. Expect these things when necessary. Five of the better sales, one for each finger, are below. Included are a few picks worth pointing out.
NOTE: To be honest, it feels awfully tacky to have retail sales surrounding Memorial Day. To those who serve, have served, as well as their families: Thanks for making the sacrifices that have allowed us in the rank-and-file to enjoy the trivial things (like this website). Travel safe if you are, and enjoy the unofficial start of summer. Now, back to stuff that doesn’t really matter:
J. Crew Factory: 50% off (excludes Thompson suiting)
- Thompson Unconstructed Sportcoat in Linen – $84.00 ($168)
- Thompson Sportcoat in Glen Plaid cotton/Linen – $74.00 ($148)
- Seersucker Button Down in Navy, Pink, or White – $31.00 ($62.50)
- 9″ Pindot Chambray Short – $28.00 ($56.50)
As good as it gets… except for the darn Thompson Suiting exclusion. That unstructured linen blazer came out just after this season’s best blazers post… so haven’t seen it yet in person. Anyone get it? Thoughts? Looks like a winner. Says it’s partially lined too. The Glen Plaid linen-cotton option is fully lined, but apparently much more lightweight than the (still nice) thicker cotton/linen herringbone blazer. No code needed on this one. Prices are as marked.
Ledbury: 30% off their “core collection”
The Picks: Blue Fine Twill Slim Fit – $80.50 ($115), White Fine Twill Slim Fit – $80.50 ($115)
Flat out spectacular shirts… and thus… the price. Terrific fabrics, a slightly lowered second button (so they look great tieless) and really good construction. They just can’t keep the damn things in stock. Fits are good if you’ve got some strength to you. Not as dialed in, fit-wise as Ratio, but up there in terms of quality.
UPDATE: This launched on Friday (5/23) with the discount dropping to 25% off on Saturday, and 20% off on Sunday.
GAP: 40% off reg. priced styles w/ EVENT
- Lived-in Linen-Cotton Straight Pant – $41.96 ($59.50)
- Brunson Blazer in Linen Cotton – $58.80 ($98)
- Brunson Blazer in Charcoal Stripe – $52.80 ($88)
- Basic Leather Belt – $17.97 ($29.95)
Lots of linen and cotton littering (in a good way) GAP’s site right now. A few more blazers that look awfully tempting, especially since they appear to be barely lined in cotton on the upper back. But GAP blazers are a little like UNIQLO blazers, being that they run short in the tail and long in the arms. So, be careful with those.
EXPRESS: 40% off Everything
The Pick: Suede Wingtips – $64.80 ($108… ships & returns free too )
Lots of summer style, in suede, for not much money at all. Ships and returns free as well. Decently slim through the toe. Full review over this way.
The Maybe? Club Monaco: 30% off Sale Items w/ MEM2014
- Mark McNairy Cap-Toe Boot – $359 (normally $425… would be $251.30 w/ code)
- Rancourt Venetian Slip-On – $179 (normally $225… would be $125.30 w/ code)
Hang on now. Club Monaco has 3rd party stuff in their sale section? Doesn’t say anything about how that stuff is excluded in the details, but on a dry run… the code wasn’t working on the Mark McNairy or Rancourts. Maybe they’ll flip the switch on that today? Probably too good to be true.
BONUS. Orient: The Brazen Automatic – $99.00 w/ HONOR
An entry level, 42mm automatic for a hundred bucks shipped? Might be worth a shot. Would love to throw one of these on a NATO or leather strap, but pretty sure that’s not gonna happen with the way the stainless band & pin connects to the lugs like that?
Also worth a mention
- Nordstrom: For the ladies… their half-yearly sale has started. We gotta wait till June for ours.
- Need Supply: Extra 20% off Sale Items w/ EXTRA20
- Ralph Lauren: Extra 30% off select items w/ RLMEM14 (but the selection is pretty paltry)
- Cole Haan: They’re running their semi-annual sale right now, with the Final Sale Stanton Chelsea dipping to under a hundred dollars.
- Macy’s: Extra 20% off w/ MEMDAY
- LastCall: Extra 40% off everything
- Haberdash: 15% off reg. priced items (not really “affordable” though)
- Huckberry: The Art of Manliness has curated a Father’s Day Gift Shop
- Banana Republic: 40% off with the usual exclusions w/ BRHEAT. They still have some blazers on sale.
- J. Crew: 30% off Sale Items as well as 25% off select goods with the code PACKME. One code, two separate deals. Their pretty slick looking Linen Glen Plaid in Indigo gets the 25% cut. Still expensive though, even with the code.
- Bonobos: Extra 20% off sale items w/ SALEBRATE