Sales that deserve some attention heading into the weekend, or sometimes, a bit earlier. Might not be some massive once a year event, but still worth a look. Those are what make up these handfuls. Expect these things when necessary. Five of the better sales, one for each finger, are below. Included are a few picks worth pointing out.
- Filson Twill Original Briefcase – $186 ($248)
- Fitzgerald Fit “Summer Blackwatch” Silk/Cotton Sportcoat – $336 ($448)
- Any of their Ribbon Belts – $36 ($48)
- Italian Made Suede Kiltie Tassel Loafer – $156.45 ($298)
Even with the discount, Brooks Brothers stuff can still be flat out expensive. But, it seems to work on much of their 3rd party stuff like the Filson Original Briefcase. And that sportcoat. Yessir. 3/4 lined, and mother of pearl buttons. Works on sale items too, but the Brooks Brothers sale section, online, has reached Old Mother Hubbard’s Cupboard bare-status. Shipping, as always, is steep through Brooks Brothers, unless you’re on board with ShopRunner.
Man… basics at Ralph Lauren are pricey. Polos, tees, casual shirts… all pretty far up there and tough to justify laying down that kind of cash for. But their shoes, especially from the entry level “Polo” brand can offer some good looking prep style without needing an Ivy League level bank account. Meanwhile, the higher end Suede Boondocker Boots are made in the USA, and while the rivet on the eyelet flap might bug some, they’re still awfully handsome.
30% off at BR honestly isn’t that fantastic of a deal. But BR always has such an insane amount of exclusions, that if you’re a cardmember, now might be the time to consider one of their blazers, a new arrival, or anything else that usually isn’t up for the ever present codes. No, you don’t have to like Double Breasted blazers… but to compare this to the old & dusty, hard shouldered, enormous lapel, six button double breasted blazers & suit jackets that elderly men favor… is ignoring plenty of details. Made in BR’s trimmest silhouette. Four visible buttons (instead of the usual six). More modern lapels. And maybe most importantly, the mainly cotton exterior should go exceptionally well with jeans. Wear it with an open collar white shirt. Meanwhile, that cotton navy single breasted tailored-fit (not as trim as the “modern slim”) is only partially lined. Excellent. Thanks to Michael R. for the style tip on the sale.
- Neiman Marcus Flat Front Wool Dress Trousers – $78 ($130)
- Magananni Suede Cap Toe Oxford – $167.40 ($279)
- Magnanni Medallion Toe Double Monk Strap – $192 ($320)
- Magnanni Cap Toe Oxford – $179.40 ($299)
Pants are made in Canada, shoes are made in Spain. You can use the code FREESHIP for free shipping over $75+, or, use the code INCIRCLE if you’re on their email list and get free 2-day shipping.
Not a mind melter, but still. Even works on the Michael Bastian line. That said… Free shipping kicks in at $75, so, you’ll need to get four polos (or, something else) if you’re looking to cross that savings Rubicon. Fair enough. Give me all the button down polo styles that you have. Wait. Wait… I worry what you just heard was “give me a lot of the styles the button down polo comes in”… what I said was… give me all of the button down polo styles that you have.
Also worth a mention
- J. Crew Factory: 30% off everything w/ SALE30 (except Thompson suits & a few other things… mneh)
- Nordstrom: You can channel your inner Urkel, suede style, with their house brand 1901 saddle shoes, which just went on sale for $66.90.
- GAP: 40% off for cardmembers, 30% off for everyone else with MAYSTYLE