Sales that deserve some attention heading into the weekend, or sometimes, a bit earlier. Might not be some massive once a year event, but still worth a look. Those are what make up these handfuls. Expect these things when necessary. Five of the better sales, one for each finger, are below. Included are a few picks worth pointing out.
Allen Edmonds Factory Outlets: 2 for $250 2nds Closeouts
As pointed out by many guys in the comments over here yesterday, Allen Edmonds is running one of their 2 for $250 sales on Factory-Second closeouts. The Good: The shoes are even cheaper. The Bad: You gotta lay $250 down. More on how these sales work over here.
- Claiborne Linen-Cotton Blazer – $59.49 ($120)
- Stafford Plaid Linen/Cotton Sportcoat – $50.99 ($120)
- Stafford Blue Linen/Cotton Sportcoat – $50.99 ($120)
- Claiborne Black Stretch Cotton Blazer – $50.99 ($100)
Okay JCP. You’re getting another shot. Haven’t been in since the Spring stuff started trickling in, but these new linen cotton blazers (both by Stafford and the trimmer fitting Claiborne) have to be worth a look. Anyone see these in person yet? What’s the Stafford option like? Bulky shoulder pads? Low armholes? Or are they winners? Leave it all in the comments. Efforting an in person on this end. Code SPGBREAK ends 3/22.
- To Boot New York Stallworth in T Moro – $134.21 ($450)
- To Boot New York Stallworth in Brown Suede – $96.96 ($450)
- Allen Edmonds Strand in Bourbon – $241.68 ($365)
- Allen Edmonds Dalton – $276.50 ($395)
WARNING: This is one of their select customer sales. Pretty sure you have to have either an Amazon account and perhaps already be signed up for their shoe emails. Still can’t quite figure out how these things work, being that it says “code cannot be shared” yet everyone who gets one gets the exact same code (shosub14).
Well that’s just a dumb price for those boots. Sure, TBNY can be overpriced, but low $100s to UNDER $100 for an Italian made, sleek, versatile boot? They’ve always stitched their soles too, and these appear to be no different. Synthetic sole so they’ll be grippy on slippery days. Suede appears to have some burnishing at the toe, so, know that. Sizes are a bit limited, but lots of average/normal sizes in the 10 – 12 range left.
- Tailored Fit “Sateen” Cotton Blazer in Navy – $104.99 ($198)
- Tailored Fit Plaid Cotton Blazer – $108.74 ($225)
- Luxe Touch Polos –
$16.50– $22.49 ($44.50)
- Textured Knit Button Jacket – $37.49 ($79.50)
That might be one of the best deals seen on BR’s flagship polo, the logo free “luxe touch”. They’re all cotton, but they’re also glass smooth. Easy to dress up (as far up as a polo can go), but look great with shorts too. LOTS of colors. Great size selection too. You’ll have to buy three to trip the free-shipping trigger, but if you’re in the market for good polos, you can stock up on these. Collar is a spread. Meanwhile, the tailored cotton blazer from last year is now marked way down. 38 and 40 available at post time. Moves nicely for a fused blazer, and looks great with jeans.
UPDATE: Looks like the extra 25% off only happens on the luxe touch polos marked as $29.99… So, still $22ish for a luxe touch polo, but the $16.50 was too good too be true.
UPDATE II: Their very nice, polished cotton blazer has now dipped to $105 with the code. Despite the word “Sateen” it’s not reflective or anything in person. Big hat tip to Mark A. for digging this up and sending in the style tip.
UPDATE III: Many thanks for the tips about how the select customer codes BRSPRING30 and BRSPRING40 are now good for an extra 30 – 40% off sale styles, and apply to the Luxe Touch polos.
The (new) pick: Goodyear Welted Kenton Suede Bucks – $148.50 ($198)
Yeah, you guys saw this yesterday… but it turns out that you can use the code on their Goodyear Welted Kenton Suede Bucks. Thanks to PGS in the comments from yesterday’s post for pointing this out. Four shades. Solid price and seems to be where they sit in the sale section (when they get there.) Full review here. More picks here.
Also worth a mention
- Club Monaco: Extra 30% off sale w/ 30SALE
- Ralph Lauren: Free shipping no min w/ MARCHFS14
- L.L. Bean / Signature: Check the promo tab in your inboxes if you’re on their mailing list. Looks like they sent out individual 20% off codes to many of their email list members.
- J. Crew Factory: 30% off new arrivals plus you can stack STOCKUP for 25% off $125+