Sales that deserve some attention heading into the weekend, or sometimes, a bit earlier. Might not be some massive once a year event, but still worth a look. Those are what make up these handfuls. Expect these things when necessary. Five of the better sales, one for each finger, are below. Included are a few picks worth pointing out.
- Thompson Corded Cotton Suit Jacket & Pant – $186.00 ($266)
- SLIM Thompson Worsted Wool Suit Pants in Charcoal or Navy – $117.50 ($168)
- Chambray Bomber Jacket – $82.50 ($118)
It’s still January, right? Might be a little early for spring suiting, but if this year’s Corded Cotton suit jacket & pant are as good as last year’s (as pictured above and reviewed over here) then these are gonna be quite good for the price. Will probably drop into the mid $100s for the set in the coming months. Also, many thanks to Derric for pointing out that they’re now offering the Thompson Worsted Wool Suit Pants in SLIM. That’s a big deal, since one of the major drawbacks before was how roomy the pants were compared to the relatively tailored jacket.
UPDATE: Hang on a second… despite it saying, clearly, 30% off prices are as marked, the Thompson corded cotton suit jacket, pant, and wool slim suit pants aren’t reflecting that as of early this morning.
UPDATE II: Looks like they’ve fixed it. Prices on their site now reflect the 30% off.
- DKNY Suit Grey Pindot Slim Fit – $247.49 ($329.99)
- Bar III Slim Medium Grey Pindot Suit Separates – $224.99 ($300)
- Allen Edmonds Dalton – $296.25 ($398)
- Allen Edmonds Strand – $258.75 ($345)
- ENSCONCE THYSELF Part I & Part II – $157.49 ($… c’mon, priceless)
Almost wrote that up as “25% off Men’s Private Sale”. Sounds painful. Anyway, they’re calling it a private sale, but it’s clearly on the website when you head to the men’s section. Also going on in-store, but you might need one of these savings passes. Interesting to see the code working, at post time, on Allen Edmonds. A note about the strands: Check Amazon. They’ve got some sizes going for $232.
- Chambray Placket Signature Polo – $23.70 ($39.90)
- Oxford Blazer – $118.80 ($198)
- Suede Wingtips in Chalk – $64.80 ($118)
Excellent. They’ve brought their outstanding “signature”, no-logo polo back at least in some kind of form. And the chambray placket actually looks pretty good. Pocket on the chest. Should be a trim fit. Also like the looks of those suede wingtips in the summer-ready “chalk” for just $65.
- Tobacco Leather Laptop Sleeve – $177.00 ($295)
- Knit Henley – $35.10 (through Nordstrom) – $39.00 (through B. Reid)
- Officer’s Coat – $463.00 ($925)
- Honeycomb Crew – $78.00 ($195)
Not cheap, but often very much worth the extra cost. Hat tip to B.A. over here for suggesting heading to Nordstrom to see if any of the Billy Reid Stuff is on sale for less over there.
- Wool Windowpane Blazer in Khaki or Pine – $81.00 ($135)
- Navy Corduroy Blazer – $69.00 ($115)
- Peron Striped Polo in Grey or Blue Heather – $19.00 ($38)
Once again, know that Frank & Oak’s return policy flat out stinks: “If you’re not happy for any reason, you can return your item(s) for Frank & Oak store credit within 15 days of delivery.” But they can make some tempting pieces.
Also worth a mention
- Club Monaco: Up to 75% off during their final clearance event.
- Gant: Up to 60% off Fall Styles “Seasonal Sale”
- Bonobos: “Ski Week” Sale = 20% off 2 sale items w/ BUNNYSLOPE. 30% off 3 sale items w/ BLUESQUARE. 40% off 4 sale items w/ BLACKDIAMOND. But be careful, seems like it’s all final sale.
- J. Crew: They’re still running 40% off sale items w/ BYEWINTER. So in case you wanna drop almost half a grand on a final sale (but still awesome looking) topcoat… now’s the time.
- Flint & Tinder: They’re knocking $25 off their Slim & Classic Fit Soft-Washed Selvedge Made in the USA Jeans through 1/31. No code needed.