What’s Dappered Threads? It’s our forum. Launched in 2011, Threads has become a not too big, not too small, just-right-sized forum that doesn’t put up with snobbery. All thanks to the users and hardworking mods. Once a month, one of the mods from Threads provides us with a highlight package of the last few weeks.
Ever wondered how fellow Dappered members arrange their closets or wanted some ideas to reorganize all your Dappered purchases? Check out this thread where you’ll find everything from color coordination to custom shelving and even shoe trees in Sambas!
Earlier this month, Dappered members posed a challenging question to each other, “Have you figured out your style?”. It may sound simple, but it led to some great discussion regarding wardrobe overhauls, transitioning styles, donating excess clothing, and much more on the quest to find “your style”. It also provided this months “Best Advice”…
“Buy stuff that gives me some kind of joy, regardless of whether I really need it.” – Duvel
Here’s how the Friday Challenge works over on threads:
- A challenge is proposed (typically on a Monday, unless the poster is a slacker, in which case the wee hours of Tuesday morning will just have to suffice).
- Ideas are bounced around throughout the week, any questions are codified, and guidelines are put into place.
- On Friday (or before), everyone dresses according to the challenge’s parameters.
- On Saturday, all challengers are recorded and voting opens to see who best represents the challenge.
- A winner is chosen by majority vote on Sunday, and the winner is responsible for choosing the next week’s challenge.
For this challenge, entries were required to include something old (secondhand purchased), something new, a pair of boots, and something blue. As always, several great entries provided a close vote. Ultimately, Alan took the victory with his Goodwill Herringbone Jacket (something old), Roundtree & Yorke Pinpoint Shirt (something new), AE Bayfields (boots), and Levis (blue). Greg_S came 1 vote short of a back to back victory while MarkB, Shomas, and ScottB followed close behind. Check out all the outfits here.
jonATL recently came across a stunning gray blazer from Huntsman & Sons Savile Row.
Tis the season! Do you have any great Holiday gift ideas to share with Dappered members who are still putting together their lists? Now is about the time that family members start asking for gift ideas, so unless you want to end up with another ugly sweater, you better have ideas ready. The Threads guys are more than willing to help out.