Sales that deserve some attention heading into the weekend, or sometimes, a bit earlier. Might not be some massive once a year event, but still worth a look. Those are what make up these handfuls. Expect these things when necessary. Five of the better sales, one for each finger, are below. Included are a few picks worth pointing out.
Levi’s: 30% off + Free Shipping w/ ff2013
The Picks: 505 in Tumbled Rigid – $25.90 ($58)
Many thanks to Adrian and Ritesh for sending in the style tip on the Levi’s friends and family sale. 30% off + free shipping no minimum is awfully nice, especially considering that 505s in Tumbled Rigid are already down to $37. The 505s have become a personal go to after a few of you guys pointed out in the comments that they’re cheaper than 501s, have a higher rise than the 514 so shirts stay nice and tucked, and they’re a straight cut (good for guys with larger legs). Code is good through Monday, and it also works over on the Dockers site for the same deal.
J. Crew: Extra 30% off Sale Items w/ FALLSALE
The Picks: Ludlow Suit in Light Grey Italian Worsted Wool – $314.98 ($650), British Millerain Waxed Cotton Field Jacket – $139.99 ($228), Cotton Baseball Jacket – $68.60 ($118), Walk-Over Made in the USA Burgundy Shortwing – $213.40 ($305) or Plain Toe Blucher – $201.60 ($298)
The extra 30% off code has been running for a few days, but the light grey suit JUST got dumped into the sale section. Center vent or double vent, doesn’t matter. Both jackets are on sale, and the code was working at post time. Only drawback = the slim option for the pants is
NOT on sale. (Update: The slim pant went on sale overnight. Thanks to Kyle in the comments for noticing that). Now more than half off with the code. Awfully nice price for a versatile, wool Ludlow. Sizes appear to be moving pretty quick.
Piperlime: 30% off select shoes & apparel w/ FALL
The Picks: Bass Amsterdam Chelsea – $62.30 ($89), JACS Navy Cord Blazer – $104.30 ($149), Red Wing Chukka – $175 ($250), Frye Made in the USA “Arkansas” boot – $187.60 ($238), Dockers Alpha Khakis – $41.30 ($59)
Yep, two weeks in a row. That’s more play for Piperlime than the last year combined? But they’ve made a bunch of stuff available for the code that’s worth a look. Free shipping and free returns too, so in case those Bass chelseas don’t work out, at all, they can go zipping (or… elasticing?) right on back.
Macy’s: Ultimate Wardrobe Sale Extra 20% off w/ UWS
The Picks: DKNY Burgundy Cotton Blazer – $87.99 ($169.90), Bar III Wool Blend Herringbone Sportcoat – $111.99 ($350), Tallia Navy Plaid Sportcoat – $135.99 ($350)
Thanks to Cory for sending in the style tip on this one. Yep, a burgundy blazer. That a little too playboy mansion for you? Try a full burgundy suit… in velvet. ENSCONCE.
Maxton Men: 20% off bags w/ BAGS20
The Picks: Bombata Classic Laptop Brief – $41.60 ($52), Wheelmen & Co. E. Holmes Laptop Case – $68.00 ($85)
Bombatas aren’t everyone’s cup of tea, but the slim design with a bit of retro in it’s lines will appeal to some. Vinyl exterior with silicone handles. Meanwhile, the more rugged (but still very minimalistic) Wheelmen & Co. bag is made here in the USA.
Also worth a mention
- Bonobos: They’ve launched their “Fall Sale”, but size selection is a little sparse right now.
- Kenneth Cole: 30% off with the code FAF13
- GILT: Anyone in a bitter cold region need a new hat?
- Banana Republic: 30% off full priced styles w/ BRFALL (exclusions might be extensive)
- Gant: 25% off through Sunday w/ GANTFRIENDS
- Christopher Ward: 15% off select watches as part of their Autumn Event sale.
- Allen Edmonds: Just released a web-gem set of shoes in burnished merlot, including the single monk Franciscan. Yowza.
- Jack Spade: 30% off site wide with the code FALL13FF (good through 10/20). That puts their already on sale Sailcloth Canvas Jacket down to $154, and a nice waxwear card holder down to $17.50. Watch out for final sale though.
- J. Crew Factory: 30% off all blazers + outerwear. No code necessary, so if one springs up, you should be able to stack.