The Splurge: Bonobos Wellington Cashmere V-Neck – $98.00 ($248)
UPDATE: The Camel is all but gone. Looks like a few of you had a $50 credit that Bonobos has been offering for new referrals as of late. Still some in grey, largest in navy, and most sizes in the louder purple and kelly green.
At first glance (and maybe 2nd, 3rd, 7th, etc…) there’s nothing real affordable about a one hundred dollar sweater. For many, cashmere is overrated, and a merino V-neck that costs around $30 – $40 will do just fine. But for those who are fans, or maybe a little cashmere curious, here’s what this one has going for it:
- Solid price – Might even be an incredible deal depending on the quality of the fabric. There are a few levels of cashmere, but with a regular price of $250, and the Bonobos track record of using decent fabrics (like in their suiting) this might be an awfully rare deal.
- Perfect color – A deep camel color like this is hugely versatile. Should look just as good with dark wash jeans in the fall as your almost white or grey cotton pants in the summer. Wearable whenever, wherever.
- Good looking collar – Doesn’t appear to dip too deep, and the width of the ribbing isn’t razor thin.
- Size Range – Currently has S, M, L, and XXL available. Mediums don’t often make it to the sale section.
- Ships Free & Fast – Hooray for Bonobos and the ninjas. Returns are free too.
But again… a hundred bucks. And it’s summer for cryin’ out loud. Also available in grey but no mediums there. Navy has just larges left. Purple and kelly green have sizes if you’re looking to drop a hundred bucks on a bright sweater?