NBA Post Game Press Conference Fashion Drinking Game – The Finals 2012
Obligatory Disclaimer: Not our fault if you get hammered and sick. Your liver is your business, so drink responsibly.
Pretty sure this isn’t what David Stern was expecting when he instituted a dress code in 2005. In the seven years since, the players have swung from one end of the spectrum to the other. The NBA has become the best dressed professional sports league, with many of its stars leading the way. But the post-game press conference is an entirely different animal.
Trends and high-end fashion risks reign. The players are using what used to be a sleepy event to roll out some freaky looks. Even the league has embraced the attention their players’ fashion choices are getting at these post game pressers, which happen to be streamed live on NBA.com.
The Rules: Similar to other drinking games. “1 Drink” means a decent sip/pull off a beer, not an entire beer, glass of wine, or shot. For the initial appearance of each garment, accessory, grooming style, or action, do the following:
- Nerd Glasses – 1 Drink
- Nerd Glasses with no lenses – 2 Drinks
- Wearer reaches THROUGH the lensless glasses to scratch his eye – Shot
- Bizarre child-appropriate shirt pattern – 1 Drink
- Air Tie – 1 Drink
- Air Tie on button down collar with collar buttons unbuttoned – Finish your drink
- Bright/Pastel Colored Shirt or Sweater – 1 Drink
- Bright/Pastel Colored Pants – 1 Drink
- Bright/Pastel Colored Blazer or Sport coat – 2 Drinks
- Over sized Peak Lapels – 1 Drink
- Double Breasted Suit – 2 Drinks
- Shawl Collar – Shot
- Knit Tie – 1 drink
- Bow Tie – 2 drinks
- Bolo Tie – 2 shots of corn whiskey from a mason jar
- Erik Spoelstra actually keeps his tie ON for the post game press conference – 2 drinks
- Scotty Brooks takes his tie OFF for the post game press conference – 2 drinks
- Brooks takes his tie off DURING the post game press conference – Finish your drink
- Either coach wears nerd glasses – 2 shots
- Over-sized watch – 1 drink
- Watch worn on the outside of the shirt cuff – 2 drinks
- Pocket Watch – Finish your drink
- Watch on each wrist – Shot of Wild Turkey
- Large Patch of any kind or Rank Insignia – 2 drinks
- Pinned Medals or Ribbons – 3 drinks
- Aiguillette – 2 shots and eat an MRE.
- Player mentions his stylist – 1 drink
- Player compliments another player on how he looks – 2 drinks
- Reporter asks “and who are you wearing this evening?“ – Have a cosmo, fill out your Oscar ballot.
- Fanny Pack – Finish your drink, have a juice box.
- Arm Garter – Turn on Pandora’s Old-Time-Piano station, make an old fashioned, slam it.
- Sombrero – Gargle Cuervo.
- Life Jacket – Shotgun a beer and turn off the press conference. Commence boat races.